CraftBanter

-   Glass (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cylinder vase (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=96554)

nJb[_3_] July 14th 08 11:57 PM

Cylinder vase

Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

charlie July 15th 08 12:15 AM

Cylinder vase

"nJb" wrote in message
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

i've seen things like that in places like michaels or cost plus. they were
pretty expensive though.

Chemo the Clown July 15th 08 12:56 AM

Cylinder vase

On Jul 14, 3:57*pm, nJb wrote:
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

Try TJ Max or check Google for floral vases.

Moonraker[_2_] July 15th 08 03:24 AM

Cylinder vase

On Jul 14, 3:57 pm, nJb wrote:
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

You might ask your Canadian friend if he has any spare butt plugs laying
around.

javahut July 15th 08 03:35 AM

Cylinder vase

"nJb" wrote in message
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

12 in dia is pretty large, but did you happen to call Blenko? I just got a
line on one from them that was 7 in diameter, but 14 in tall.

nJb[_3_] July 15th 08 07:39 AM

Cylinder vase

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:35:38 -0400, "Javahut"
wrote:

"nJb" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

12 in dia is pretty large, but did you happen to call Blenko? I just got a
line on one from them that was 7 in diameter, but 14 in tall.

Thanks to all who responded. I've checked all over the web.

This is for a lighting company that I do bending for. They were hoping
I could do it in a kiln. The guy that was going to blow it backed
down. I'll keep searching.

Jack

nJb[_3_] July 15th 08 07:40 AM

Cylinder vase

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:24:34 -0400, " Moonraker"
wrote:

On Jul 14, 3:57 pm, nJb wrote:
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

You might ask your Canadian friend if he has any spare butt plugs laying
around.

I doubt that asshole has any buttplugs that small.

Jack

nJb[_3_] July 15th 08 07:41 AM

Cylinder vase

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:15:25 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

"nJb" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

i've seen things like that in places like michaels or cost plus. they were
pretty expensive though.

I've seen them too but I didn't need them then.

Jack

Kris Krieger July 22nd 08 01:30 AM

Cylinder vase

nJb wrote in
:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:15:25 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

"nJb" wrote in message
. ..
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

i've seen things like that in places like michaels or cost plus. they
were pretty expensive though.

I've seen them too but I didn't need them then.

Jack

Have you tried TJMaxx or BigLots, or other overstock/surplus outlets in
your area?

Kris Krieger July 22nd 08 01:44 AM

Cylinder vase

nJb wrote in
:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:35:38 -0400, "Javahut"
wrote:

"nJb" wrote in message
. ..
Anybody know a source for a glass cylinder vase 12"D x 22"H?

Jack

12 in dia is pretty large, but did you happen to call Blenko? I just
got a line on one from them that was 7 in diameter, but 14 in tall.

Thanks to all who responded. I've checked all over the web.

This is for a lighting company that I do bending for. They were hoping
I could do it in a kiln. The guy that was going to blow it backed
down. I'll keep searching.

Jack

I think the main problem with kiln-forming would be the height - I don't
know whether kilns are that deep. Other than the interior height of the
kild, Idon't see whay it couldn't be done, but I'm certainly no expert!
But you can try asking this glass-artist:
http://www.artglassexperience.com/

HTH