CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   LF: OU Sooners patterns - crochet (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38325)

Bryan July 12th 03 08:36 AM

LF: OU Sooners patterns - crochet

I've done a little googling, but with no luck, I'm looking to get a jump on
football season and make some OU related things in crochet (blankets, seat
cushions, what ever I might find) But can't find anything. Any one have some
links to OU or other school related crochet patterns.

thanks in advance
Bryan

MouseCLP July 12th 03 01:07 PM

I've done a little googling, but with no luck, I'm looking to get a jump on
football season and make some OU related things in crochet (blankets, seat
cushions, what ever I might find) But can't find anything. Any one have some
links to OU or other school related crochet patterns.

thanks in advance
Bryan

When my daughter was a student at Clemson, I used a cross-stitch graph to make
a "Tiger Paw" afghan. (Many university bookstores sell their emblems as
cross-stitch patterns.) One square on the graph is equal to one sc, or use
tunisian (afghan) stitch to keep from having to turn your work with all those
bobbins of different color yarns.

Another idea is to use the school colors with any afghan pattern; a ripple
pattern works well. Also look for patterns for "pillowghans" -- the afghan
folds into an attached pocket to make a flat cushion.

Good luck!
Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC

spampot July 12th 03 04:48 PM

Bryan wrote:
I've done a little googling, but with no luck, I'm looking to get a jump on
football season and make some OU related things in crochet (blankets, seat
cushions, what ever I might find) But can't find anything. Any one have some
links to OU or other school related crochet patterns.

thanks in advance
Bryan

Let's see, that would be Oxford University, right? ;)

Bryan July 12th 03 05:42 PM

Funny, more along the line of the #1 (ESPN) ranked Oklahoma Sooners!
Alto I'm really a Penn State fan, I'm residing in OK now and have to side
with the locals, or sleep on the couch! :-)

But thanks for any outer links that I haven't been able to find my self. I
saw one a while ago that was done in squares I think that made the letters
OU in white with red background.

Bryan

SlinkyToy July 12th 03 06:21 PM

Don't you Sooners know anything? Proper team colors are Blue and Orange!!

Michelle
A transplanted Illini in a foreign country and who just doesn't look good in
"Burnt Orange"