CraftBanter

-   Knots (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   cat o nine tails (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=13602)

nicko November 17th 04 04:57 AM

cat o nine tails

hell fellow knotters!

i have searched extensivley on the web for pictures and info on cat o
nine tails and i cannot seem to find even a picture. i wish to make
one for a retiring shipmate and would love dearly if anyone could
point me in the direction of some pictures so i could re-create one
for him

many thanks

nicko

Martin Combs November 18th 04 08:47 PM

I looked around also and found these sites:

http://www.snakepitleatherworks.com/cats/cats.html

http://www.aswgt.com/k071k072.html

http://www.aswgt.com/cats.html

Interesting sites but not places that I usually browse through some
good leatherwork though.

I also believe that Ashleys book of knots had a photo of one or two in
there.

Marty
www.knotstuff.com

drjbrennan December 14th 04 10:24 PM

Des Pawsons book "Knot craft" has the instructions for a cat o'nine tails
and a list of materials needed to make it.

ISBN 0713654414

I'm going to make one as soon as I've figured out the Matthew Walkers
knot.

BIGDOG592 June 22nd 05 03:56 AM

Try the Brits.
www.hms.org.uk/nelsonsnavycat.htm