CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rolling mill questions (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=75463)

ted frater September 19th 06 07:38 AM

rolling mill questions

[[moderator edited, from email apparently intended at least in part (thus the
editing) for the group...]]

Interesting how the use of the word "Pallion" has different uses.
Yes I know the normal use in our trade is to describe little pieces of
solder
BUT here the other meaning is the little pieces of gold or silver that
are used under clear enamel on watch faces and jewellery as decoraton.
these are about 1/10th mm thick and are stamped in relief in red ,yellow
and green gold as well as fine silver.
Bayeler has supplied me in the past with all sorts of designs , last
time in 1978. but particularly the zodiac 12 and others like the French
fleur de lys. Lovely to use too.

Ive 2 catalogues of theirs witlh pictures of all the designs they make
and the no run to over 1500.

their address and Ph no is
Bayeler & Cie .S.A.
Fabrique de Cadrans
2-4 rue des deux-ponts 1211 Geneva 8
Switzerland

Tel. 0041 022 24 62 40
Just on the off chance you know of an agent in the usa.

youd enjoy using them.
So simple to use. once youve enamelled the work piece you just stick
the paillion ontop of the enamel with a tiny bit of spittle, Yes!!
its fine,
using a tiny paint brush to pick it up and place it.
then re fire it and it settles onto the enamel all by itself. no
oxidation . then you put a tiny dusting of cleat or clear coloured
enamel on top , re fire asnd its done.
looks great.
Ted