CraftBanter

-   -   First step in shopping for a new machine-the viking dealer (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=129451)

betsey December 1st 11 02:21 PM

First step in shopping for a new machine-the viking dealer

Yesterday I passed a viking dealer....so, i stopped in to take a
look. Very nice dealership, lovely, wonderful saleswoman. all in
all
a good experience.

I checked out the viking 870 and 850. wow! lots of new stitches and
stuff that my 350 does not have! and, i really really liked the
machine. But...the stitch quality was no different from my 350.
that's not a bad thing, it's just a thing. i'm quite happy with the
350 in many respects. As I wrote a week or so ago, i purchased a
used
pfaff 1016 for my daughter and was very impressed with the overall
stitch quality. so much so, it's provoked me to consider a new
machine. I will take a ride to the pfaff dealer (about 45 minutes
away) to look. I have a strong suspician I will also be haunting
craigslist and the like to perhaps find a used one. As Polly had so
kindly put it on the quilting newsgroup, the machine needs to make me
smile. WHile the 870 was impressive and I was in awe....I'm still
thinking that a different machine might make me smile g

Betsey

KT in Mich December 1st 11 03:21 PM

First step in shopping for a new machine-the viking dealer

Not sure if there is much difference, but you may want to check out the
Viking Sapphire 875Q. I absolutely love the features on it.

KT. in MI

betsey December 1st 11 08:46 PM

"betsey" wrote in message

I checked out the viking 870 and 850. wow! *lots of new stitches and
stuff that my 350 does not have! *and, i really really liked the
machine. *But...the stitch quality was no different from my 350.
that's not a bad thing, it's just a thing. *i'm quite happy with the
350 in many respects.- Hide quoted text -

hi KT--

i was told that the 875 and 855 were made in china, wheres the 870 was
made in sweden....

betsey

Polly Esther[_5_] December 2nd 11 03:40 AM

First step in shopping for a new machine-the viking dealer

Ah. Let me say a few kind words about Switzerland workmanship. I just
overcast a hem on 16 fleece crib blankets for Newborns in Need in under 3
hours. Those folks surely know how to make a fine SM. That makes me smile;
all the way around my head. Polly

betsey December 2nd 11 12:46 PM

"betsey" wrote in message

I checked out the viking 870 and 850. wow! lots of new stitches and
stuff that my 350 does not have! and, i really really liked the
machine. But...the stitch quality was no different from my 350.
that's not a bad thing, it's just a thing. i'm quite happy with the
350 in many respects.- Hide quoted text -

hi KT--

i was told that the 875 and 855 were made in china, wheres the 870 was
made in sweden....

betsey- Hide quoted text -

Yes-those swiss machines are a marvel! which model do you have???

betsey

Gen December 2nd 11 07:20 PM

First step in shopping for a new machine-the viking dealer

Don't count on Viking being made in Sweden forever. Now all Viking,
Pfaff and Singer are all one company. I asked a Viking dealer if Viking
and Pfaff will pull Singer up,or if Singer will pull them down to their
level----answer-Singer will pull the other 2 down to their poor level.
Not good news
Gen