CraftBanter

-   Glass (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I'm looking for information resources tools on making jars (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=100882)

pantagruel February 8th 09 12:57 PM

I'm looking for information resources tools on making jars

by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

[email protected] February 8th 09 09:43 PM

On Feb 8, 4:57*am, pantagruel wrote:
by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.

Moonraker[_2_] February 8th 09 11:03 PM

wrote in message
On Feb 8, 4:57 am, pantagruel wrote:
by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.

volume produced jars are more likely pressed?

[email protected] February 9th 09 12:00 AM

On Feb 8, 3:03*pm, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 8, 4:57 am, pantagruel wrote:

by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.

volume produced jars are more likely pressed?

I'm sure that a certain "you know who" will chime and tell us and will
probably have all the equipment for sale. Just guessing.....

Moonraker[_2_] February 9th 09 02:25 AM

wrote in message
I'm sure that a certain "you know who" will chime and tell us and will

probably have all the equipment for sale. Just guessing.....

Nah, the only jar he's familiar with is the one where he stores his brain.

[email protected] February 17th 09 10:53 PM

On Feb 8, 6:03*pm, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 8, 4:57 am, pantagruel wrote:

by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.

volume produced jars are more likely pressed?

Bryan,

All jars with threads are made in molds (old-style "moulds"). The
mold provides all of the shape and features of the finished product.
A gob of glass is placed in the mold and the molten glass is pressed
into the sides of the mold by air and/or with an insert.

Liz Scott, Manager
Glass Factory Directory of North America
http://www.glassfactorydir.com/Education.html

[email protected] February 17th 09 10:56 PM

wrote in message

On Feb 8, 4:57 am, pantagruel wrote:

by making jars I mean especially how the lids of jars are threaded,
tools for doing so.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

I believe that molten glass is poured into molds that have the threads
and any raised logos already made into the mold.

volume produced jars are more likely pressed?

Bryan,

All jars with threads are made in molds (old-style "moulds"). *The
mold provides all of the shape and features of the finished product.
A gob of glass is placed in the mold and the molten glass is pressed
into the sides of the mold by air and/or with an insert.

Liz Scott, Manager
Glass Factory Directory of North Americahttp://www.glassfactorydir.com/education.html

URL edited - no uppercase on education.html