CraftBanter

-   Glass (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=72044)

[email protected] June 28th 06 01:50 AM

Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

One of my early attempts at selling my pendants online is bombing. :-(

As I had some various things lying around, I thought it would help
clean up quickly if I posted them all together. So I have eleven dichro
pendants in the auction, and the price is a measly buck right now. I
thougth it would be fair to set the starting price low, but now I'm in
tears, this is embarassing.

I had all intention of giving someone a deal, but goodness. Someone
help me out here!! Check out the auction, it ends in just a few hours.

:-)

Amy

Campylaura June 28th 06 04:45 PM

Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

They are beautiful Amy! I also am not a bead maker and wish I had seen
them earlier for I would've happily bid on those lovely pendants and
I'm sorry I didn't get your post until today.

Don't be embarrassed! You just never know with eBay buyers - it
doesn't reflect upon your skills or talent but possibly your timing or
description didn't catch the right eye. Keep at it and maybe post an
ad earlier next time.

Laura

[email protected] June 28th 06 07:01 PM

Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

Crap -- I am so sorry I missed out on this one!!! Could you please come
and post here next time when you do this again, so I don't miss it? I
would have loved to have owned those.

And ignore the naysayers. Some people just have too much time on their
hands.
I was happy to see your post and sad that i missed the auction.

Becki

nJb June 28th 06 10:59 PM

Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

michele wrote:

who are all these people?m

Crossposted from rec.crafts.beads

--
Jack

http://www.glasterpiece.com

Kandice Seeber June 28th 06 11:58 PM

Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

The ad was crossposted to two groups - some people are from rec.crafts.beads
and some are from rec.crafts.glass.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

who are all these people?m

oups.com...

glass guy June 30th 06 06:05 PM

Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

Amy, I think Kalera's advice was right on..... Put them back up in lesser
quantities.
Also I think eBay is a tad slow at the moment.
David
oups.com...

Dr. Sooz June 30th 06 08:03 PM

Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

Ditto. What Becki said. And don't pay attention to Scratch, whoever
it is.....never heard of 'em before. "Everyone here" can make those?
I DON'T THINK SO.
`````````````````````````````````````````

nJb July 1st 06 12:38 AM

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Ditto. What Becki said. And don't pay attention to Scratch, whoever
it is.....never heard of 'em before. "Everyone here" can make those?
I DON'T THINK SO.

Scratch was probably reading on rec.crafts.glass where many, but
certainly not all, can and do make them.
--
Jack

http://www.glasterpiece.com

Kalera July 1st 06 03:41 AM

Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

Some customers do browse related newsgroups in the hopes of finding
artisans to buy from, so advertising in NGs related to your work is not
a useless idea in general.

It depends on your group's particular etiquette, of course. On RCB, we
ask for "AD" in the header, and to minimize repetition.

http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.bridgetownglass.com
On eBay: http://www.snurl.com/1sfe