CraftBanter

-   -   Rotary Cutter Catastrophe (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=110985)

IMS[_6_] October 2nd 10 11:25 PM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

Last night I was cutting strips of Christmas fabrics to make table
runner gifts. Let me say that I consider myself a Very careful
cutter, I always know where my hands are, where the blade is, and go
slow. But last night I was tired and had my left pinkie just a tad
over the edge of the ruler. I won't go into the gory details but
after a trip to the emergency room, a tetunus shot, and prescriptions
for pain meds and antibiotics, I am home safe and sound, abit with one
very sore and well bandaged pinkie. DH said he never realized quilting
could be so dangerous. Neither did I, but I learned my lesson and
will no longer handle the rotary cutter after 11pm!

-Irene

Louise in Iowa[_2_] October 3rd 10 12:17 AM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

Owwwwwwww! {{{{{{{{{{{{Irene}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Taria October 3rd 10 01:28 AM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

OUCH! That sound very unpleasant. You are on
rotary cutter restriction. Hope you heal fast and
well.
Hugs, Taria

John October 3rd 10 02:11 AM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

On Oct 2, 6:25*pm, IMS wrote:
Last night I was cutting strips of Christmas fabrics to make table
runner gifts. *Let me say that I consider myself a Very careful
cutter, I always know where my hands are, where the blade is, and go
slow. *But last night I was tired and had my left pinkie just a tad
over the edge of the ruler. *I won't go into the gory details but
after a trip to the emergency room, a tetunus shot, and prescriptions
for pain meds and antibiotics, I am home safe and sound, abit with one
very sore and well bandaged pinkie. DH said he never realized quilting
could be so dangerous. *Neither did I, but I learned my lesson and
will no longer handle the rotary cutter after 11pm!

-Irene

Cutting tools can be dangerous, if you let your attention lapse. I
hope you recover soon and get back to quilting.
John

Kate in MI October 3rd 10 02:40 AM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

OMGoodness!!! Hope you heal quickly... and the pain vanishes even more
quickly!

--
Kate in MI

Sartorresartus October 3rd 10 10:27 AM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

But you will only do that once!!!!

It's also a imprecation to keep your blades sharp. Blunt blades need
more pushing and make bigger holes in people!

Hope you heal soon. Time to settle down with some eye-candy and a
pencil to map out your next projects...

(BEG)

Take care,
Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Roberta[_3_] October 3rd 10 03:02 PM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

Ouch! So sorry, hope it heals fast! (Glad it wasn't your right hand,
but of course it's nuisance enough.)
Roberta in D

Maureen Wozniak October 3rd 10 04:29 PM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:25:58 -0500, IMS wrote
(in article ):

Last night I was cutting strips of Christmas fabrics to make table
runner gifts. Let me say that I consider myself a Very careful
cutter, I always know where my hands are, where the blade is, and go
slow. But last night I was tired and had my left pinkie just a tad
over the edge of the ruler. I won't go into the gory details but
after a trip to the emergency room, a tetunus shot, and prescriptions
for pain meds and antibiotics, I am home safe and sound, abit with one
very sore and well bandaged pinkie. DH said he never realized quilting
could be so dangerous. Neither did I, but I learned my lesson and
will no longer handle the rotary cutter after 11pm!

-Irene

((HUGS)).

Boy, have I been there. Only it was my index finger. And I was in a hurry.
And I had a dull blade.

Take good care of the finger and use those pain meds!

Maureen

KT in Mich October 3rd 10 04:52 PM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

Owwwww. Thanks for reminding us to be super-careful when handling these
cutters. It's so easy to become complacent and not pay attention!

KT. in MI

Polly Esther[_5_] October 3rd 10 07:29 PM

Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

So very sorry, Irene. Bless your heart. You've warned all of us to stop
before we get terribly tired. I've 'buzzed' my fingers more than once when
trying to get just a little more done. I wish you fast healing. Polly