CraftBanter

-   -   Storm at Sea (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=103248)

Dannielle June 6th 09 02:05 AM

Storm at Sea

Ok, I know that this one is calling me, so I'm starting to look at the
patterns now (well, not RIGHT now, but you get the idea). Is the
pattern at Quilter's Cache necessarily the best/easiest method of
creating this pattern? Is there another one out there (preferably
free) that does a better job of explaining the blocks?

What is your preference and why?

Dannielle

Kate in MI June 6th 09 06:09 AM

Storm at Sea

That's one on my "gotta make one of these" lists...

There are really only 3 blocks... and to me it looks like paper piecing
might be the quickest and the easiest. Although once you get the
measurements figured out -- should be pretty straightforward.

Want to have fun... Google images for Storm-at-Sea quilt... some of the
color combinations are just to die for!!!

--
Kate in MI

Nann June 6th 09 01:28 PM

Storm at Sea

SAS was the cover quilt on the first issue of American Patchwork &
Quilting back in April, 1994. It was designed by Marti Michell. I
was a novice quilter, saw the picture, thought I'd try it. I went to a
quilt shop to buy fabric (because I didn't have enough). I cut out
the pieces, assembled them, followed all the instructions (Marti used
a skinny flap in the border), and quilted-in-the-ditch. It turned out
very nicely. I knew nothing about cutting patches on the grainline,
about matching points to keep triangle corners from getting cut off!

Nann

onetexsun June 7th 09 12:51 AM

Storm at Sea

I'm also dying to make a Storm at Sea (probably a small one first).
Does anybody know of a "practice sheet" online anywhere that would
allow me to print it off and then fill in colors various ways? I am
not good figuring these precise things out in my head.

Sunny

J* June 7th 09 07:13 AM

Storm at Sea

i checked there an hour ago and there are only the first dozen or so
alphabetically.
only on the one page. guess she's been busy elsewhere on the new site.
j.

"Graham Sheldon" wrote...
Try BLOCK CENTRAL.COM

"onetexsun" wrote...