CraftBanter

-   -   Anyone know where I can learn to use my embrodiery machine? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=81281)

No Name February 25th 07 01:50 AM

Anyone know where I can learn to use my embrodiery machine?

I bought a Janome embroidery machine from a quilt shop in Florida. The shop
is too far away to get lessons and the machine just sits here looking at me.
I'm scared to death of it. Anyone know where I can get lessons in South
Florida near Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area? I don't mind paying for some
private lessons if I could find somebody. Thnx for your help!
Barb C. in S. FL

Boca Jan February 25th 07 03:35 AM

Anyone know where I can learn to use my embrodiery machine?

They give lessons at Sunshine Sewing

http://www.sunshinesewing.com/

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Susie February 25th 07 09:36 AM

Anyone know where I can learn to use my embrodiery machine?

Barb,
There are helpful Janome Embroidery Machine yahoo groups.
Which machine do you have? I have the Janome 300E. :o)
Susie in northern NY
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/susies1955/albums/

Tia Mary February 25th 07 01:14 PM

Susie wrote:

Barb,
There are helpful Janome Embroidery Machine yahoo groups.
Which machine do you have? I have the Janome 300E. :o)
Susie in northern NY
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/susies1955/albums/

I bought a Janome embroidery machine from a quilt shop in Florida. The
shop is too far away to get lessons and the machine just sits here looking
at me. I'm scared to death of it. Anyone know where I can get lessons in
South Florida near Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area? I don't mind paying for
some private lessons if I could find somebody. Thnx for your help!
Barb C. in S. FL

Please tell us which machine you have. I have the Janome 9000 and
didn't touch the embroidery part for at least two years after I got it!!
I never got lessons because DH bought the machine from an online
source so The Babies could give it to me for Mother's Day. I just
e-mailed the Janome people direct with my questions. One nice woman
even called me on the phone and talked me through how to do some of the
things. I now have all sorts of designs cards and have done tons of
different embroidery stuff and never had a problem. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

No Name February 27th 07 12:23 AM

Anyone know where I can learn to use my embrodiery machine?

Jan.. I bought my Janome 300E from Sunshine. The problem is that Fay can
only give me lessons before the shop opens or after 4:00. The times are not
convenient for me to drive there from Ft Lauderdale. She is just too darn
busy to have lessons at other times. I did get some good suggestions from
the group and I think I will try Yahoo groups and also call Janome direct.
I can believe I let this machine intimidate me.
Barb C in S.FL

witchystitcher February 27th 07 12:32 AM

Anyone know where I can learn to use my embrodiery machine?

Embroidery machines are not that difficult to use. The hardest part is
learning about threads, designs and stabilizers and you can do that by
joining mailing lists and listening to those who know and learning
from the mistakes of those who do not.

Stabilizing and using good quality bobbin thread and embroidery thread
is a must. Start off trying a small design on some squares of fabric.
You can always put them into quilts later.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Maureen Wozniak February 27th 07 01:39 PM

Anyone know where I can learn to use my embrodiery machine?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:23:38 -0600, wrote
(in article ):

wrote in message
I bought a Janome embroidery machine from a quilt shop in Florida. The
shop is too far away to get lessons and the machine just sits here looking
at me. I'm scared to death of it. Anyone know where I can get lessons in
South Florida near Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area? I don't mind paying
for some private lessons if I could find somebody. Thnx for your help!
Barb C. in S. FL

Don't let it intimidate you. If you can't get lessons in person, I
recommend, for starting out, that you read your manual and then Nancy Zeiman'
s "Machine Embroidery with Confidence"

Maureen