CraftBanter

CraftBanter (http://www.craftbanter.com/index.php)
-   Quilting (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Log Cabin Quilt (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=81086)

Karen, Queen of Squishies February 19th 07 12:29 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
A wonderful consolation to her, nicely done!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info



Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.


http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...CabinQuilt.jpg


John




John February 19th 07 01:32 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
On Feb 18, 9:50 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Wow, John, that's gorgeous. I'm curious. I notice that your center
sashings are a little wider than the others. Were you following a pattern
or was this a design element that seemed like a good idea on your own?
Never saw that before (of course, there's lots I've never seen) but it looks
wonderful. Polly


I used a picture in one of my quilt books as inspiration. There would
be no way to reduce the width of the center sashings, as that would
reduce the overall width of that group of squares to some degree. Or
at least to my understanding of it. The center sashings are consistent
both horizontally and vertically so I think it balances out in the
long run. And the (sashings) are in fact created by the dark color
strip on the outside (dark color) of the pattern squares. They just
are dominant because they are butted, when placed in that orientation.
In a couple of pictures in the same book, they show a zig-zag pattern
which does not have that effect due to the non butting of the dark
colors. All strips are 1" finished and consistent throughout.

John


John February 19th 07 01:49 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
On Feb 19, 1:08 am, (Patti S) wrote:
Beautiful...... just beautiful. I can't believe how quickly you're
getting your quilts done! Weren't you the one that said he was ready for
a "break" a few weeks ago? :-

Patti in Seattle


I am entering rehab today. I have admitted my addiction and hope to be
able to confront my weakness. Please somebody, stop me before I quilt
again. On the other hand, to hell with rehab, I am having too much
fun. You are all a bunch of enablers.

John


Cats February 19th 07 02:02 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
Please could you repost the link to your LC quilt? I miss A
LOT of posts and I would love to see. LC is one of my
favourite pieced blocks.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
Enness Boofhead Donut
http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau


"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
: On Feb 18, 9:50 pm, "Polly Esther"
wrote:
: Wow, John, that's gorgeous. I'm curious. I notice that
your center
: sashings are a little wider than the others. Were you
following a pattern
: or was this a design element that seemed like a good
idea on your own?
: Never saw that before (of course, there's lots I've
never seen) but it looks
: wonderful. Polly
:
: I used a picture in one of my quilt books as inspiration.
There would
: be no way to reduce the width of the center sashings, as
that would
: reduce the overall width of that group of squares to some
degree. Or
: at least to my understanding of it. The center sashings
are consistent
: both horizontally and vertically so I think it balances
out in the
: long run. And the (sashings) are in fact created by the
dark color
: strip on the outside (dark color) of the pattern squares.
They just
: are dominant because they are butted, when placed in that
orientation.
: In a couple of pictures in the same book, they show a
zig-zag pattern
: which does not have that effect due to the non butting of
the dark
: colors. All strips are 1" finished and consistent
throughout.
:
: John
:



John February 19th 07 02:09 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
On Feb 19, 9:02 am, "CATS" wrote:
Please could you repost the link to your LC quilt? I miss A
LOT of posts and I would love to see. LC is one of my
favourite pieced blocks.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
Enness Boofhead Donuthttp://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau



Here you go.
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...CabinQuilt.jpg

John


Patti February 19th 07 02:14 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
It's lovely, John. That was a very short 'rest' g
Before long you will have a list of requests as long as your arm!
It's great that you are getting photographs of them all, as you go
along.
..
In message , Jessamy
writes
I *love* this one! I like the way you have a wider sashing in the centre!


--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Debi Matlack February 19th 07 02:16 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
John, it's GORGEOUS! Now your wife isn't a quilt widow, she's a recipient!
Thanks for sharing,
--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.


http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...CabinQuilt.jpg


John




John February 19th 07 02:21 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
On Feb 18, 9:33 pm, "TerriLee in WA \(state\)"
wrote:
Beautiful, John. Lovely colors and layout. I just wish I could finish
things as fast as you do. "Quilting widow" indeed. She could do what my DH
is doing, and set up her own space for sewing. He made ascot-like things
yesterday, for the American Legion Riders group he belongs to.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to replyhttp://community.webshots.com/user/tlbishop

"John" wrote in message

oups.com...

Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.


http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...ng/?action=vie...


John


I have set up a Bernina 220, with lots of pressure feet, for my wife
to use and I helped her make her first apron last week. She picked out
the fabric and did a great job on it. I bought her some vegetable
themed fabric, online and she loved them. ( We are long time
Vegetarians). She will be making 3 more aprons from that fabric, and
maybe the bug will bite her by the time she finishes them. I hope so,
with the one caveat; I demand the right of possession on the new steam
generator iron. This is a non negotiable demand and I will fight to
defend it. Just kidding! It would be great if we could share my passon
for sewing.

John


Roberta Zollner February 19th 07 05:20 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
Very pretty set, the red looks like sashing. Well done! (Hope your wife
liked it!)
Roberta in D

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.


http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...CabinQuilt.jpg


John




Roberta Zollner February 19th 07 05:23 PM

New Log Cabin Quilt
 
We are the last people to help you stop!
Roberta in D, fellow addict

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
On Feb 19, 1:08 am, (Patti S) wrote:
Beautiful...... just beautiful. I can't believe how quickly you're
getting your quilts done! Weren't you the one that said he was ready for
a "break" a few weeks ago? :-

Patti in Seattle


I am entering rehab today. I have admitted my addiction and hope to be
able to confront my weakness. Please somebody, stop me before I quilt
again. On the other hand, to hell with rehab, I am having too much
fun. You are all a bunch of enablers.

John





All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CraftBanter.com