CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Jane Rainbow crewel work (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140527)

Megwen[_3_] August 15th 19 07:06 PM

Jane Rainbow crewel work

Please can anyone help me? I have a Jane Rainbow "Allium" kit which my mother started many years ago. Sadly when her house was cleared after she died, the paternayan threads appear to have be lost. The instructions which are with the started design do not list the shades which are used. There are 6 main colours with 3 shades of each according to the instructions. Does anyone know what shades are needed for the yellow/gold version of this design?

Thanks,

Megwen
Bath, England

[email protected] August 15th 19 07:23 PM

Jane Rainbow crewel work

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 11:06:38 -0700 (PDT), Megwen
wrote:

Please can anyone help me? I have a Jane Rainbow "Allium" kit which my mother started many years ago. Sadly when her house was cleared after she died, the paternayan threads appear to have be lost. The instructions which are with the started design do not list the shades which are used. There are 6 main colours with 3 shades of each according to the instructions. Does anyone know what shades are needed for the yellow/gold version of this design?

Thanks,

Megwen
Bath, England

Hi, I'm in Canada but I have the feeling Jane Rainbow was a Cotswold
person? I loved doing crewel but I rarely bothered over much about
the colours, so long as they blended nicely. If there is a picture of
Allium, maybe try to pick up embroidery wool as near as possible.

I don't know how it is in the UK now but over here, everything is
online, we haven't had a needlework shop for about 20+ years now.

Here's a link to Paternayan colours
https://www.google.com/search?client...arn+color+card

I am sure ebay or amazon could provide them, but put in the colour
numbers and with luck, something should pop up.

Here's hoping :)

Megwen[_3_] August 16th 19 09:45 AM

Jane Rainbow crewel work

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your suggestions. The same is happening here in the UK as in Canada, the needlework shops are closing and I've got to choose the colours from my computer screen. Here's hoping that my choices play nicely together in the flesh.

Megwen

Nicola Darby October 27th 20 09:15 PM

Jane Rainbow crewel work

Hello, I have just read your message re the inherited Jane Rainbow Allium kit. I have just started it.....my mother started it with just a few stitches and didn't do any more. She is now elderly and has given it to me. How did you get on with it? It is a bit confusing but I'm making a start! I'm new to Crewel embroidery. It was just fascinating that you also had yours from your mother etc. I look forward to hearing how you got on with it. Best wishes

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/needlew...rk-655270-.htm

Megwen[_5_] October 30th 20 02:45 AM

Jane Rainbow crewel work

I finally managed to get the yarns that I need thanks to a wonderful lady called Wendy Riley (http://www.spinningjenny.co.uk/) to whom I sent the started embroidery and pattern and she picked the best match threads for me. I have not started it yet, I will need to do some test stitching first as I am new to crewel stitching too! I'll let you know when it is done.

--
For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/needlew...rk-655270-.htm