CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How to remove plastic/rubber liner from bottle caps? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=76124)

[email protected] October 5th 06 04:04 AM

How to remove plastic/rubber liner from bottle caps?

If anyone has an idea I would offer you my firstborn for it :) (ok, so
there is no firstborn) I am seriously stuck on this one. I have tried
boiling them and also using acetone nail polish remover (both ideas I
found on the internet).

If the bottle caps have a thin round rubber ring I can boil them and
then pull them off. However, if the lining covers the whole inside of
the bottle cap I can't get it off - basically I keep trying to rip at
it and get nowhere fast.

Please help!!!!

Thanks,

Laurianne

mermaidscove_com October 5th 06 09:31 AM

How to remove plastic/rubber liner from bottle caps?

I don't know how to clean them but you can get blank ones that are
already clean here,
close to the bottom of the page:
http://www.outsidethemargins.com/dollarama.html

Ingrid
http://www.mermaidscove.com

Beckibead October 5th 06 07:39 PM

How to remove plastic/rubber liner from bottle caps?

Laurianne -- I'm not even slightly intriqued; just nosy. Why?

Becki

Kandice Seeber October 7th 06 09:09 PM

How to remove plastic/rubber liner from bottle caps?

LOL Me too - I am really curious. :)

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
oups.com...

[email protected] October 8th 06 04:22 AM

How to remove plastic/rubber liner from bottle caps?

I am using them for jewelry creations and am finding that if I leave
the "ring" on them that it shows through the back of my picture/sticker
etc. once I pour on the resin. They look much better with the plain
bottle cap.

Thanks!

Kandice Seeber October 8th 06 07:19 AM

How to remove plastic/rubber liner from bottle caps?

Oh, cool!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net