CraftBanter

-   Pottery (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   - IMG_0017.jpg (0/1) Help identifying a bowl I just Inherited??? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=96537)

A-Regular-Joe July 14th 08 01:12 AM

- IMG_0017.jpg (0/1) Help identifying a bowl I just Inherited???

Hi,

I attched an image of a bowl My wife and I just inherited form a family
member. I supposedly came into the family in the 1960's.

The bowl bears no markings of any kind. There is a good amount of wear
to the gold parts.

Its probably Asian?

I would be graetful for any info the group might offer? Probable
country of origin etc...

Thnaks!

A Regualr Joe

D Kat July 14th 08 02:07 AM

- IMG_0017.jpg (0/1) Help identifying a bowl I just Inherited???

Sorry Joe - my guess is you are in the wrong room, though I could be
entirely off base. We are potters not antique assessors (is that the right
term?). However from what you describe I would guess the piece has only
sentimental value. Donna PS - take that with a very large grain of salt and
you will have a very large grain of salt.