CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   makers mark on flea market find (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=914)

Shirley Shone August 14th 03 07:05 PM

makers mark on flea market find

I found a lovely necklace today in a basket with everything marked at
one pound.
I will try to explain. The pendant piece is about 3.1/2inches in width.
It is in gold metal of some sort. In the centre is a five petals flower
and heart shaped scrolls and leaves spread out from it. It is set with
13 blue crystal stones. The chain is sort of large twisted links.
On the back there is the mark . The mark is copyright (cannot do the
symbol for it) and JJ. I have done a web search but cannot find
anything.

I have scanned it so if anyone wants to put a picture up for me I can
send it to them so you can see what I mean
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

Tink August 14th 03 08:04 PM

Here's a pic of the Jonette Jewelry makers mark. This is the one they used
around 1970:

http://blackswampglassworks.com/jj.jpg

mkahogan August 14th 03 09:13 PM

I would love to see a picture. You don't even have to ask me, Shirley, just
always send me a picture.
KathyH
How hot is it there today, or I guess that I should say tonight?

Carol in SLC August 14th 03 09:15 PM

The mark is copyright (cannot do the
symbol for it) and JJ. I have done a web search but cannot find
anything.

Let us know when you get the picture up, Kathy - I'm curious (and your find
sounds wonderful, Shirley!!).

Carol in SLC

Shirley Shone August 14th 03 10:35 PM

If it is it must have come across the pond. It is really classy to my
way of thinking.
Do this Jonette Jewelry have a website.
Shirley

In article , Tink
writes

Shirley Shone August 14th 03 10:37 PM

Yes that is it Tink.
How exciting
Shirley

In article , Tink
writes

Shirley Shone August 14th 03 10:39 PM

Kathy will send picture.
The weather is so much cooler thank goodness and I feel better for it.
Shirley

In article , mkahogan
writes