CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Orange and silver lampwork??? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=551)

Kalera Stratton July 30th 03 02:21 AM

Orange and silver lampwork???

Geez, there are sooo many posts... how do I keep up??? It seems like I
can either be a mom and make beads, or be a mom and keep up with this
group, but not all three!

Anyway, I recently have been having oodles of fun with, among other
colors, my beloved Bullseye transparent orange and silver wire, and I
LOVE the results... but I kept feeling like they were somehow familiar!
Yeah, I realize that I made them, but I mean, MORE familiar, like I'd
seen them somewhere before. I finally realized that a few months ago,
someone here posted a link to a set of lovely orange beads with silver!
Now, first of all I want to apologize if the maker thought I was
deliberately copying them, and second, I was curious about whether
whoever it is still has a pic of them... I'm wondering how closely my
subconscious ripped off the design. I guess orange with silver wire is
an inevitable combination if you love orange and love playing with
silver wire, but still, I wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on any
toes!

In other news, I got my oxygen concentrator and I LOVE IT, and I'm going
to buy a second one so I can use it with oomph on my Midrange. I can't
emphasise how much I'd recommend one of these to anyone working with a
smaller torch! I took a chance and got mine on eBay, but I'll probably
go ahead and get a second one from Paulette at Suncoast Beads.

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org

CLP July 30th 03 02:38 AM

In other news, I got my oxygen concentrator and I LOVE IT, and I'm going
to buy a second one so I can use it with oomph on my Midrange. I can't
emphasise how much I'd recommend one of these to anyone working with a
smaller torch! I took a chance and got mine on eBay, but I'll probably
go ahead and get a second one from Paulette at Suncoast Beads.

--

And you've only been doing this 9 months?! How did you learn so much so
quickly?

Christy

See us at www.strattonhome.org

Kandice Seeber July 30th 03 03:06 AM

No idea about the orange and silver lampwork, but I wanted to comment about
the concentrator - I am waiting on mine and I am so excited!!! Was yours
easy to hook up and such?

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

See us at www.strattonhome.org

saucy July 30th 03 03:06 AM

Can you post a link to your orange and silver beads? I'd love to see them.
My favorite color to paint in is orange. It's my happy color. I can work
for days on a painting that has blues, violets, or any other color than
orange or finish a huge orange painting in a manner of hours. My fellow
artists get a big kick out of watching me paint in orange because it makes
me so happy.

Starlia

See us at www.strattonhome.org

Beadseeker July 30th 03 07:52 AM

Kalera,
I love to fuse with transparent Bulleye orange as well, usually I use one of
the Mardis Gras clear with stringers over it. You know, I never used to like
orange, but I dyed my gray, formerly black hair, blondish and now I find I like
a whole new set of colors.
Patti

Marisa Cappetta July 30th 03 11:46 AM

in article , Kalera Stratton
at
wrote on 30/7/03 9:21 AM:

Geez, there are sooo many posts... how do I keep up??? It seems like I
can either be a mom and make beads, or be a mom and keep up with this
group, but not all three!

I skim over a lot these days, Kalera, what with working full time. I have to
be selective, it's a choice between that and sleep!

--
Marisa (AU)
ESBC

Deirdre S. July 30th 03 11:41 PM

I'd say it was like learning a language by the immersion method, from
what I've seen.

Deirdre

Deirdre S. July 31st 03 12:21 AM

And though I am compulsive enough to at least open each message,
particularly since topics morph so easily and the subject isn't always
a good indication of the content -- there are always some I just can't
take time to give my full attention to... regretfully, but otherwise I
couldn't tune in at all.

It is hard to prioritize and be selective. But I don't want to give up
on staying in contact most of the time.

Deirdre

Kalera Stratton July 31st 03 06:54 AM

In article ,
Deirdre S. wrote:

And though I am compulsive enough to at least open each message,
particularly since topics morph so easily and the subject isn't always
a good indication of the content -- there are always some I just can't
take time to give my full attention to... regretfully, but otherwise I
couldn't tune in at all.

It is hard to prioritize and be selective. But I don't want to give up
on staying in contact most of the time.

Deirdre

Teah, the contact thing is really important to me, too! I feel like I
need to keep some kind of handle on the group. Well, I guess if I miss
something, no one will be *too* offended! Seems like we all have so much
going on.

See us at www.strattonhome.org

Kalera Stratton July 31st 03 07:02 AM

In article ,
"saucy" wrote:

Can you post a link to your orange and silver beads? I'd love to see them.
My favorite color to paint in is orange. It's my happy color. I can work
for days on a painting that has blues, violets, or any other color than
orange or finish a huge orange painting in a manner of hours. My fellow
artists get a big kick out of watching me paint in orange because it makes
me so happy.

Starlia

Sure! There's just one up here, but you get the general idea; they're
transparent bright orange with an opaque core, and I make them in
various shapes with varying colors of raised dots. The one here has
light green dots:

http://www.glassartists.org/Gal1653_...Beadwifery.asp

Check out the other beadmakers at this site; Tink and Kandice have
galleries as well.

See us at www.strattonhome.org