CraftBanter

-   -   After all, I am a quilter (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=138361)

Polly Esther[_5_] December 2nd 12 02:30 AM

After all, I am a quilter

We had ten wonderful lights to install between 2 of the columns at our front
door. A space after column one, a light, another space and so on. I simply
drew a 'quilt' diagram with _ for spaces and 0 for lights. Measured out to
need 10 and 1/3 inches for the spaces. Mr. Esther said, "We'll have to
fudge that 1/3".
Now. Really. No problem. I am a quilter.
Polly

Roberta[_3_] December 2nd 12 10:56 AM

After all, I am a quilter

LOL! OK, we probably need a photo, just to check if your seams are
straight.
Roberta in D

Polly Esther[_5_] December 3rd 12 03:48 AM

After all, I am a quilter

*I* am a quilter, round two. Needed some brackets to support the weight of a
30 foot heavy-duty extension cord for the lights. This would involve a trip
down to the big shop for brackets, screws, the drill, the bits, assorted
journeys to the hardware store, some planning, swearing, scratching and a
few delays.
"Nonsense" says I.
I came inside, picked up a few yards of the selvedge edge from Michael
Miller's Frost in gold (this is tough stuff) and simply stapled loops up
inside the porch framing.
Do all men figure out the hard way to accomplish anything or am I just a
lucky assistant?
I am a quilter.
Polly

"Roberta" wrote LOL! OK, we probably need a photo, just to check if your

Donna in Idaho[_3_] December 3rd 12 04:32 AM

After all, I am a quilter

Any time a man starts a new project - that means he has to go to the
store to buy a new tool especially needed for that project! I'm sure
hanging Christmas lights has the same requirement!

Donna in Idaho

Pat S December 3rd 12 08:29 AM

After all, I am a quilter

Sad to say, Polly, that I am the one who always thinks of the most
difficult solution first! Mind you, that applies in my quilting as well
as in everything else.
I love this story g as an example to me to think twice about 'things
to do'!!
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green

Pat S December 3rd 12 08:32 AM

After all, I am a quilter

E- rrrrr- m: that sounds an awful lot like a new quilting project gg
Maybe there is a meeting between Mars and Venus?!!
..
In message , Donna in Idaho
writes

Polly Esther[_5_] December 3rd 12 01:22 PM

After all, I am a quilter

My brain (such as it is) has two channels. One is 'Gitterdun' which calls
for whatever's quick and simple. The other hopes for perfection. That rarely
happens but sure does make me happy.
Naturally, all quilters here understood the wisdom of having saved the
selvedge. Polly

"Pat S" wrote Sad to say, Polly, that I am the one who always thinks of
the most
difficult solution first! Mind you, that applies in my quilting as well
as in everything else.
I love this story g as an example to me to think twice about 'things to
do'!!
.
, Polly Esther writes

Hanne in DK December 3rd 12 02:07 PM

After all, I am a quilter

Yeah, I once told our friendly tech guy "I just need a fix". He kindly
provided one (programming, nothing else), and after that he took to
telling me I needed to go to the pub when he saw me stressed out at work!

Hanne in DK (then in UK)

Roberta[_3_] December 3rd 12 05:01 PM

After all, I am a quilter

You are perfectly wise!