CraftBanter

-   -   I never know (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27263)

Queen of Squishies September 30th 03 07:40 PM

I never know

I never know when to vacuum my sewing room. In fact, I never know WHY I'm
vacuuming my sewing room. I've only been quilting a few years - so - can
you veterans please help me out with this?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is wrong. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

MerryStahel September 30th 03 08:05 PM

We're supposed to vacuum it?

But...but...all the threads and snips and bits of fabric are layered so high,
that my carpet will be spotless when I finally vacuum it...when we sell the
house!

Merry G
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

QuiltShopHopper September 30th 03 08:34 PM

I vacuum when it looks like the room needs to be raked up first, like the
backyard after all my neighbor's trees have lost leaves and it's too deep in
leaves back there to walk safely.
Think safety. If it's not knee high in there, it's not time yet.

Wisdom of Cyndi

NightMist September 30th 03 08:41 PM

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:40:51 GMT, "Queen of Squishies"
wrote:

I never know when to vacuum my sewing room. In fact, I never know WHY I'm
vacuuming my sewing room. I've only been quilting a few years - so - can
you veterans please help me out with this?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

What is "to vacuum"?

NightMist
--

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?

Valkyrie September 30th 03 08:42 PM

"MerryStahel" wrote in message
We're supposed to vacuum it?

Also my exact immediate response! I do have a worn out old window squeegee
with a long handle, a strip of magnetic tape slipped into the slot where the
rubber used to be. When my pin plate gets low I sort of sweep that around
through the debris and pick out pins until the plate gets full again, it's
not like I need ALL those laying around on the floor LOL
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeze, vacuum the sewing room floor, what a concept.......I need
to get a cool cloth and recline somewhere with chocolate and a trashy bodice
ripper novel until I can get this visual out of my mind!

Traumatized Val

Queen of Squishies September 30th 03 08:47 PM

Welp selling the house is not a good reason because we're renting. Looks
like I'm off the hook so far!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Queen of Squishies September 30th 03 08:48 PM

hmmm........ knee high bits and snips sounds very safe to me - in case I
fall down. Still off the hook!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Queen of Squishies September 30th 03 08:49 PM

Sorry darling, didn't mean to traumatize you. But this IS an adult ng you
know.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Queen of Squishies September 30th 03 08:50 PM

I quilt basting on the floor as of this year. No small children. No
doggies. Off the hook!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is wrong. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

Just before you lay a quilt out on it to baste, or when you start loosing
small children and furry doggies in it.
Diana

frood September 30th 03 09:41 PM

It means to scare the dog with a large, noisy thing.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"NightMist" wrote in message