CraftBanter

-   -   "design your own square" quilt (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=33304)

Lisa July 21st 04 03:30 PM

"design your own square" quilt

I'm helping my sister put together a quilt for her hospital in which
every department is making their own square. Are there any resouces
available for how to put the quilt together? I'd really like to see
some before I start planning borders between and around the squares.
Thanks,
Lisa

Queen of Squishies July 21st 04 05:33 PM

Welllll......... you can look at mine! Other people have pics posted of
their quilts too. Come on, y'all. Let's show Lisa some quilts.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hicall

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Patti July 21st 04 06:30 PM

There are a few books on setting 'random/orphan' blocks into a quilt.
One is Smashing Sets by Margaret Miller; another is Setting Solutions by
Sharyn Craig. I have the MM book, but I understand the other one is
great too. Perhaps your library could get hold of copies for you?
..
In article , Lisa
writes
I'm helping my sister put together a quilt for her hospital in which
every department is making their own square. Are there any resouces
available for how to put the quilt together? I'd really like to see
some before I start planning borders between and around the squares.
Thanks,
Lisa

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Pat in Virginia July 21st 04 07:13 PM

Hello Lisa,
Go to your county or city library and check out a few basic quilt
making books. Good authors, with titles: Carol Doak (Your First
Quilt Book); Fons and Porter (Complete Guide); McClun (Quilts!
Quilts! Quilts!) Compiled texts: Sunset Patchwork; Singer
Patchwork and Quilting. HTH.
PAT in VA/USA