CraftBanter

-   Glass (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Stained Glass Cement (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140719)

nicole hansen February 20th 21 06:03 PM

Stained Glass Cement

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 9:38:01 AM UTC-7, Chemo the Clown wrote:
On Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 3:41:37 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Friday, September 11, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Rhonda Dzanski wrote:

You do realize that this thread is about 16 years old?
What is the best homemade recipe for cement to use in lead panels?

Michael Greer's comment on reusing whiting that has been used on previous panels, then sifted. When I was at Goddard & Gibbs Stained Glass Studio, cementer John Kerwin tried to reuse whiting in his new cement mixture and felt that it failed. It lost strength.

Ginger

thanks for the recipe, I keep forgetting how to mix it.

Hi All,

Maybe no one will ever see this, but I just wanted to thank Albert Lewis for the detailed cement comment. I did some pretty deep research to find this page and it does not disappoint (unlike the other online cement resources)..