CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Simplicity #4926 Fish Costume (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38018)

Donna McIntosh November 1st 04 03:02 PM

Simplicity #4926 Fish Costume

Good morning,

I made the fish costume for my 2nd DD and she loved it, but the problem was
the inch-thick foam , couldn't sew it on my machine especially when 2
thicknesses had to be sewn. Ended up sewing most of it by hand. Was it
just me or what? Thank goodness for whoever invented Transparent thread!

Donna in S. Indiana

Andy Dingley November 2nd 04 02:01 AM

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:02:19 GMT, "Donna McIntosh"
wrote:

the problem was
the inch-thick foam , couldn't sew it on my machine especially when 2
thicknesses had to be sewn.

If you baste foam roughly by hand first, you can pull it in enough to
get it through the machine.
--
Smert' spamionam