CraftBanter

-   -   Disappearing 9 patch tutorials (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=91639)

Pat in Virginia January 21st 08 12:31 AM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

My Quilt of Valor Bee just made one of these. We call it Nine Patch Shuffle.
I made up that name because I did not know a name. I'd just seen a picture
of one, here at RCTQ I think. Ours has a variety of patriotic prints in
pairs, along with four wow and one red square in each block. It is a
stunning quilt. We plan to use the method again. I am sharing the tutorials
with my group. Thanks to Lisa and all who contributed to the thread.

Pat, enjoying RCTQ Quilting Week in Virginia

"maryd" wrote in message
Thanks. I'm thinking I might make another one or two. I have 2
two-year-old grandsons that don't have big boy quilts yet.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
Good looking quilt Mary! I'm thinking this would be a good way to make a
dent in my scrap box.
Lisa
"maryd" wrote in message
I made one in 2004 after reading about it here. It is a fun pattern
that
changes with the block layout.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53386571aCKUQZ

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
I was cruising the 'net today and I found a couple of blogs that have

free
tutorials on this tecnique. I don't recall seeing any posts about it,
so
forgive me if it's old news.

The first link shows the tecnique done in a scrappy style.

http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/...-tutorial.html
This shows the finished blocks made into small charity quilts.
http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/...-progress.html
This blog shows the tecinque used with yardage to make a 40x60 quilt.
http://www.myquiltblog.com/nancyrose/4624/

nzlstar*[_2_] January 21st 08 07:46 AM

Disappearing 9 patch tutorials

and i call it bi-sected floating 9 patch.
heres some EQ layouts i made up.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...90572914ZCKoLS
i like Pats 'Nine Patch Shuffle' name better. :)
fwiw,
j.

"Pat in Virginia" wrote...