PDA

View Full Version : Re: more questions....

Mary Shafer
July 3rd 03, 05:38 AM
On Sun, 25 May 2003 23:14:01 -0700, Mary Shafer
> wrote:

> On 25 May 2003 20:34:55 GMT, (Dr. Sooz)
> wrote:
>
> > Mary, are these on the C & B website? Can you tell me what they look like,
> > aside from 10-drawer? They sound great!
> >
> > >I got four of the ten-drawer storage units from Crate & Barrel. The
> > >drawers are very shallow and quite interchangeable.
>
> I don't know if they're on the site right now--let me look. I don't
> see them, but I'm not familiar with the site. They seem to reappear
> in the small catalog in the fall. They're not a one-time deal.

I just noticed that map chests, with a whole bunch of shallow drawers,
are the newest addition to furniture styles. Like the ten-drawer
units I mentioned, these would be great for beaders.

The catalog from Home Decorators (www.homedecorators.com) has a
variety of models, in styles from Chinese carved wood to contemporary.
In particular, they have a line called Stanton Carts with up to 16
drawers. These are solid pine and come in natural, dark cherry,
white, oak, and black and the prices are _very_ reasonable.

These are nicer than my plastic and metal units but I don't think
you'd want to carry the drawers around the way I do. Still, have a
look at them.

If you want to get a catalog, call 800 245-2217. I've done business
with them and was quite satisfied.

Mary

"Turn to kill, not to engage." LCDR Willie Driscoll, USN

Dr. Sooz
July 3rd 03, 09:14 PM
Thank you, dearie!

>I just noticed that map chests, with a whole bunch of shallow drawers,
>are the newest addition to furniture styles. Like the ten-drawer
>units I mentioned, these would be great for beaders.
>
>The catalog from Home Decorators (www.homedecorators.com) has a
>variety of models, in styles from Chinese carved wood to contemporary.
>In particular, they have a line called Stanton Carts with up to 16
>drawers. These are solid pine and come in natural, dark cherry,
>white, oak, and black and the prices are _very_ reasonable.
>
>These are nicer than my plastic and metal units but I don't think
>you'd want to carry the drawers around the way I do. Still, have a
>look at them.
>
>If you want to get a catalog, call 800 245-2217. I've done business
>with them and was quite satisfied.
>
>Mary
>--
>Mary Shafer Retired aerospace research engineer

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Google