PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

Sjpolyclay
July 2nd 03, 05:05 PM
Hi everybody!
I'm back home after a week in Ohio. I'm amazed at how well the trip went, all
things considering. One highlight was a sales call at Byzantium, which is one
of the best bead stores in the land, as far as I am concerned!! They have a
fabulous selection of beads and goodies, and now they have a nice little stash
of my beads too--if you ever are in Columbus Ohio, do stop and check it out
there.

I took my boys with me, and they got to see where we come from, both in a
physical and a familial way. We bonded in ways that you only can do when under
high levels of stress but you live through it together, and that was a very
good thing to come out of this trip. We learned more about how to circle up and
protect each other. We also saw firsthand some of the Genetic Drift effect,
wherein you see the behaviors/habits of family come down through the line--some
of this is positive and some is a real wakeup call of what to watch for and
eliminate. Without going into detail, let me state here and now that I am
intensely greatful for the supportive and caring people here in this group, who
are perceptive, kind, and giving of their time and attention.

Hugs to all my beadybuddies. Its good to be home.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 2nd 03, 05:42 PM
>someone has a couple of necklaces up on eBay using your
>beads

How cool!!! And I'm glad to hear she's getting bids! Thanks very much for
telling me.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Dr. Sooz
July 2nd 03, 05:49 PM
Big, big welcome home, Sarajane.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sj}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/links.htm
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Sjpolyclay
July 2nd 03, 05:58 PM
Thanks Sooz!!! And for the hug too, I can really really use 'em right
now---going back there was very stressfull, tho the Right Thing To Do on many
levels. I had forgotten JUST how hard on the whole system it is to live with
high levels of critical evaluation and emotional pressure. Funny, when someone
sees you as less than competant or good, it can become self-fulfilling.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Deirdre S.
July 2nd 03, 07:17 PM
Being aware and watchful, so you recognize an inherited pattern when
it surfaces is an essential first step in making conscious changes. It
isn't easy to do, and everybody lapses ... but over time, it really
works to give you choices where one you only had choiceless
programming.

Congratulations on a fruitful trip.

Deirdre

On 02 Jul 2003 16:05:19 GMT, (Sjpolyclay)
wrote:

>We learned more about how to circle up and
>protect each other. We also saw firsthand some of the Genetic Drift effect,
>wherein you see the behaviors/habits of family come down through the line--some
>of this is positive and some is a real wakeup call of what to watch for and
>eliminate.

Deirdre S.
July 2nd 03, 07:41 PM
On 02 Jul 2003 16:58:00 GMT, (Sjpolyclay)
wrote:

>Funny, when someone
>sees you as less than competant or good, it can become self-fulfilling.
>Sarajane

It puts you in a self-conscious feedback loop, where simply going with
the flow becomes impossible. Makes you awkward and clumsy because you
are second-guessing yourself all the time. Or stopping to see your
actions and outcomes through the critics eyes rather than your own.

Really defeats the purpose, if the critic thinks they want a better
'performance' from someone.

But usually, what the critic wants is not related to the outcome at
all. It is a bid for power and one-upness, and when that is the aim,
there is no 'good enough' performance. You could try for years to meet
their terms, and never succeed. It is a set-up, pure and simple.

In my model of the universe, though, success is being able to stay 'in
the flow' even while the critics are picking you apart. Being able to
say "Yes, I know this isn't up to your august standards, but I have my
own standards and I am going to strive to meet those, not yours. You
can hold -yourself- to the standards you are trying to impose on me if
you want, but I am not going to apply them to me. My own style,
methods and intentions take precedence. Live with it."

Deirdre

Sjpolyclay
July 2nd 03, 08:10 PM
>there is no 'good enough' performance. You could try for years to meet
>their terms, and never succeed. It is a set-up, pure and simple.

Spot on, Deirdre. Did you grow up at my house too????? I explained this to my
kids, they got the point really quickly.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Rachel T.
July 2nd 03, 10:45 PM
Welcome back!

Rachel T.
Damn right I'm good in bed. I can sleep for days. ;)

Dr. Sooz
July 3rd 03, 01:24 AM
Adesigns? There's nothing there -- and I included completed auctions in my
search......??
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/links.htm
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Diana Curtis
July 3rd 03, 01:46 AM
It is good to have you home. We left the porch light burning...and missed
you.
hugs,
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Sjpolyclay" > wrote in message
> Hi everybody!
> I'm back home after a week in Ohio. I'm amazed at how well the trip went,
all
> things considering. One highlight was a sales call at Byzantium, which is
one
> of the best bead stores in the land, as far as I am concerned!! They have
> fabulous selection of beads and goodies, and now they have a nice little
stash
> of my beads too--if you ever are in Columbus Ohio, do stop and check it
out
> there.
>
> I took my boys with me, and they got to see where we come from, both in a
> physical and a familial way. We bonded in ways that you only can do when
under
> high levels of stress but you live through it together, and that was a
very
> good thing to come out of this trip. We learned more about how to circle
up and
> protect each other. We also saw firsthand some of the Genetic Drift
effect,
> wherein you see the behaviors/habits of family come down through the
line--some
> of this is positive and some is a real wakeup call of what to watch for
and
> eliminate. Without going into detail, let me state here and now that I am
> intensely greatful for the supportive and caring people here in this
group, who
> are perceptive, kind, and giving of their time and attention.
>
> Hugs to all my beadybuddies. Its good to be home.
> Sarajane
>
> Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
> http://www.polyclay.com
>
> view my auctions at:
> http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Beadbimbo
July 3rd 03, 03:06 AM
Welcome back Sarajane!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Deirdre S.
July 3rd 03, 03:47 AM
Good idea. Having an experience, and then reflecting on it and
deciding how to make what you learned in the process work in your own
favor ... that's a great way to turn even something that was nasty and
uncomfortable in the present into something nourishing for the future.

A part of getting un-stuck instead of feeling stuck with 'the way
things have always been'.

Deirdre

On 02 Jul 2003 19:06:52 GMT, (Sjpolyclay)
wrote:

>>but over time, it really
>>works to give you choices where one you only had choiceless
>>programming.
>
>Very well put Deirdre. Choices and the freedom to have any are the #1 issue we
>had to deal with on this trip and also in my growing up. I'm booking some
>family therapy time so that we can process some of this with professional help.
>Sarajane
>
>Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
>http://www.polyclay.com
>
>view my auctions at:
>http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 3rd 03, 05:05 PM
Thanks Kandice! Its good to be here. I'd almost forgotton how the humidity can
make the summers SOOOO warm in Ohio!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 3rd 03, 05:06 PM
Thanks Rachel! Hey, I waved as we flew over in the plane--didja see??
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 3rd 03, 05:07 PM
Hi Diana! I waved in your direction too--its great to have friends all over the
place.And its good to be back in MY place!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 3rd 03, 05:09 PM
Thanks Jerri! I can barely wait to get back to beading...it was hard enough
being off line for a week, but being away from the studio was a stretch too.
But then, its good to stretch now and then!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Rachel T.
July 3rd 03, 05:18 PM

>Thanks Rachel! Hey, I waved as we flew over in the plane--didja see??

LOL. I waved!

Which airport did you land at? Dayton, or Columbus? (There is one in Columbus,
right?)

Rachel T.
Damn right I'm good in bed. I can sleep for days. ;)

Sjpolyclay
July 3rd 03, 06:19 PM
>Which airport did you land at?

We went through Columbus. After seeing Denver, Detroit, and Minneapolis/St.
Paul as well as the one in Columbus, my boys were the least impressed with the
Columbus airport....it was the dirtiest, least well laid out and also the
rudest and most intrusive behavior was there---seems I look terribly dangerous
to the security types. The boys also found the million dollar+ Lichtenstein
sculpture to be lacking in aesthetic appeal--they called it "the bleeding
banana thing" and wonder how they can get gigs doing million dollar art too.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Deirdre S.
July 3rd 03, 11:41 PM
Now this is a useful skill. Did it take much practice? Or are you a
natural sure-shot?

Deirdre

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:34:45 -0400, Kathy Nicklas-Varraso
> wrote:

>I can ping a seed bead at him with amazing accuracy, without even losing my
>place in the piece I'm making.

Kandice Seeber
July 4th 03, 03:03 AM
Oh, yick - humidity and heat!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Sjpolyclay" > wrote in message
> Thanks Kandice! Its good to be here. I'd almost forgotton how the humidity
can
> make the summers SOOOO warm in Ohio!
> Sarajane
>
> Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
> http://www.polyclay.com
>
> view my auctions at:
> http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Kandice Seeber
July 4th 03, 03:04 AM
<<<<snort>>>>> Freaking hilarious, Kathy! :)

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

> And Bob calls Sophie "The other white meat."

scaperchick
July 4th 03, 04:57 AM
Welcome back, Sarajane!

Diana Curtis
July 4th 03, 04:31 PM
I saw!!!
If you ever end up stuck in St Paul for any length of time dont hesitate to
let me know ... we have AC and we are not afraid to use it.
:-)
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Sjpolyclay" > wrote in message
> Hi Diana! I waved in your direction too--its great to have friends all
over the
> place.And its good to be back in MY place!
> Sarajane
>
> Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
> http://www.polyclay.com
>
> view my auctions at:
> http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 4th 03, 05:37 PM
>In our house, we substitute "friendly" for the f-word.

we try to say things like "frickin'" but sometimes slip....and I do like
"rowzarazzlefratzen" ala Muttley the dog, if you remember him. He was always
muttering nasty sounding things.
I heard a comedian say that "Fine!" is the female f-word.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

peka
July 4th 03, 09:55 PM
how about "fix the Furnace" from A Christmas Story, or "Zapato Foopwah" ? I
find them to be fair euphamisms....

"Dr. Sooz" > wrote in message
> A friend an I used to regularly drive past this wall that had the F word
> scrawled on it in 6 foot high letters. Soon, it was changed to "fack",
then
> eventually it was painted over to say "fool". It cracked us up. Who were
> these cussword-correcting graffiti artists?
>
> So now we say, "Fool you!" and laugh like fools.
>
> >we try to say things like "frickin'" but sometimes slip....and I do like
> >"rowzarazzlefratzen" ala Muttley the dog, if you remember him. He was
always
> >muttering nasty sounding things.
> >I heard a comedian say that "Fine!" is the female f-word.
> >Sarajane
>

> ~~
> Sooz
> -------
> ESBC
> Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
> http://airandearth.netfirms.com/soozlinkslist.html
> One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
> exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Deirdre S.
July 7th 03, 05:42 PM
My DustBuster is the tool of choice for bead retrieval, for exactly
this reason...

Deirdre
(who had a busy, project-filled Fourth of July weekend ... but none of
the projects was bead-related)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 0:12:51 -0400, Kathy Nicklas-Varraso
> wrote:

>BTW, my vacuum cleaner has a cup instead of a bag, so I recover all the beads
>in the end.

Google