PDA

View Full Version : earworms.....

Els van Dam
July 27th 03, 09:39 PM
> Oh, great, thanks a lot! Now I've got an earworm! (For those who don't
> know, an "earworm" is when you have a song that you just can't get out
> of your head..........)
>
> Joan (I'll go no more a-roving with you....)

I will not have a problem with this earworm, mine right now is a great
catchy little song I was taught by a friend who has two small boys. I
wrote it down and taught my little grand daughter and I just have to say
"zoom" and have everyone singing, zooming and humming for hours

Here goes

Zoom, zoom ,zoom,
we're going to the moon
zoom, zoom, zoom
W'ill get there pretty soon

come and join us on our trip
Clib aboard our rocket ship
Zoom, zoom, zoom
We're going to the moon

Ten, Nine, eight, seven, six five, four, three, two, one

"blast off"

any other earworms to share..........

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Noreen's Knit*che
July 27th 03, 09:56 PM
In article >,
says...

> I will not have a problem with this earworm, mine right now is a great
> catchy little song I was taught by a friend who has two small boys. I
> wrote it down and taught my little grand daughter and I just have to say
> "zoom" and have everyone singing, zooming and humming for hours
>
> Here goes
>
> Zoom, zoom ,zoom,
> we're going to the moon
> zoom, zoom, zoom
> W'ill get there pretty soon
>
> come and join us on our trip
> Clib aboard our rocket ship
> Zoom, zoom, zoom
> We're going to the moon
>
> Ten, Nine, eight, seven, six five, four, three, two, one
>
> "blast off"
>
> any other earworms to share..........
>
> Els

OMG!
The one I've got today is:
Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed
A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed
And then one day he was shootin' at some food
When up from the ground came a bubblin' crude.
Oil, that is, Texas tea.
Well, the first thing ya know, ole Jed's a millionaire,
Kinfolk said, "Jed, move away from there"
Said, "Californy is the place you oughta be"
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.
Hills, that is, swimmin' pools, movie stars.
etc...etc....etc...
--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)

Els van Dam
July 27th 03, 10:33 PM
In article >,
wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
>
> > I will not have a problem with this earworm, mine right now is a great
> > catchy little song I was taught by a friend who has two small boys. I
> > wrote it down and taught my little grand daughter and I just have to say
> > "zoom" and have everyone singing, zooming and humming for hours
> >
> > Here goes
> >
> > Zoom, zoom ,zoom,
> > we're going to the moon
> > zoom, zoom, zoom
> > W'ill get there pretty soon
> >
> > come and join us on our trip
> > Clib aboard our rocket ship
> > Zoom, zoom, zoom
> > We're going to the moon
> >
> > Ten, Nine, eight, seven, six five, four, three, two, one
> >
> > "blast off"
> >
> > any other earworms to share..........
> >
> > Els
> >

> OMG!
> The one I've got today is:
> Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed
> A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed
> And then one day he was shootin' at some food
> When up from the ground came a bubblin' crude.
> Oil, that is, Texas tea.
> Well, the first thing ya know, ole Jed's a millionaire,
> Kinfolk said, "Jed, move away from there"
> Said, "Californy is the place you oughta be"
> So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.
> Hills, that is, swimmin' pools, movie stars.
> etc...etc....etc...

Ah Noreen thanks for that one, it brings back lots of memories; boy, oh
boy it sure shows my age.......LOL

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Noreen's Knit*che
July 27th 03, 11:01 PM
In article >,
says...

> Ah Noreen thanks for that one, it brings back lots of memories; boy, oh
> boy it sure shows my age.......LOL
>
> Els

Oh, me too, Els!
NOW I've got the Green Acres theme song going too....
LOL,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

Noreen's Knit*che
July 27th 03, 11:27 PM
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:58:15 -0500, Sue Carlson Dunn wrote:
> Aaaargh! Noreen, I thought that I'd forgotten that one, but those
> ole
> Hillbillies just stick - dang it!
>
> --
> Sue CD...quietly unravelling in Cumbria...(and looking for the worm
> powder!)
> Pot Luck Crafts www.howhill.com
> Sue's Project Pages www.howhill.com/projects
> Please take off your shoes to email me!

LOL, Sue, and I caught the addition to your sig line, looking for worm
powder!
The Petticoat Junction theme song is now my earworm!
Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

=A0

Cheryl Isaak
July 28th 03, 12:39 AM
No - that song from Shari Lewis - This is the song that never ends, it goes
on and on my friends. Some one started singing it not knowing This is the
song that never ends,

GOT YOU!
Cheryl

Noreen's Knit*che
July 28th 03, 12:52 AM
In article >,
says...
> How about the theme from Gilligan's Island??? Gotcha! <g>
> Katherine
They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and oooky,
They're altogether spooky..
The Addamms Family!
Gotcha!
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

Noreen's Knit*che
July 28th 03, 12:54 AM
In article >,
says...
> No - that song from Shari Lewis - This is the song that never ends, it goes
> on and on my friends. Some one started singing it not knowing This is the
> song that never ends,
>
> GOT YOU!
> Cheryl

M-i-c,
see ya real soon
K-e-y,
why, because we like you
M-o-u-s-e
Micky mouse, (Donald Duck)!!!
Lol, gotcha!
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

xray_momma
July 28th 03, 12:57 AM
Earworms, Well, for me they are usually some silly song I hear on the
radio, maybe a one-hit-wonder, example, "Come on Eileen" or one of the goofy
songs on my DD's cartoon shows, example "Pepper-Ann" theme song or Dragon
Tails tune.

AAhhhh! Doesn't it just drive ya Crrrraaazzyyyy!!!!

Cheryl Isaak
July 28th 03, 11:34 AM
On 7/27/03 9:44 PM, in article ,
"J. Koster" > wrote:

> Cheryl Isaak wrote:
>
>> No - that song from Shari Lewis - This is the song that never ends, it goes
>> on and on my friends. Some one started singing it not knowing
>
> what it was,
> And they will continue singing it forever, just because
>
>> This is the
>> song that never ends,
>>
>> GOT YOU!
>> Cheryl
>>

> Just filling in the extra lyrics....if I'm going to have an earworm, I
> want the whole earworm <snicker>
>
> Joan (this is the thread that never ends...we hope......)
Oh pooh - now it is there!
Cheryl

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 28th 03, 01:40 PM
| On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:38:26 -0400, "Norma" > wrote:

>How about Davy, Davy Crocket......

Hmm, I seem to detect a theme here.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Norma
July 28th 03, 01:53 PM
give me an earworm over tinitus any day! When I do get one, I love singing
it all day, to cover the other. Of course, no one else wants to hear me
sing, but you can't have everything! LOL

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
Dam) wrote:

> >Ten, Nine, eight, seven, six five, four, three, two, one
> >
> >"blast off"
> >
> >any other earworms to share..........
>
> Whew. I'm save from that one, never having heard the tune. ;)
> I generally wake up with a tune in my head but today is nice and quiet and
> earworm-free. ;)
>

> Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
> Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
> http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Katherine Burgess
July 28th 03, 01:54 PM
"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" wrote ...
> | "Norma" wrote:
>
> >How about Davy, Davy Crocket......
>
> Hmm, I seem to detect a theme here.

Well, to get away from the "theme", how about "Itsy, Bitsy, Teeny, Weeny,
Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"???? <g>
Katherine

Ophelia
July 28th 03, 02:01 PM
"Norma" > wrote in message
.. .
> give me an earworm over tinitus any day! When I do get one, I love singing
> it all day, to cover the other. Of course, no one else wants to hear me
> sing, but you can't have everything! LOL

Oh you poor love.. that is horrid

BIG HUG

Norma
July 28th 03, 02:28 PM
Thank you O. But it isn't really so bad. At least it doesn't hurt.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Norma" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > give me an earworm over tinitus any day! When I do get one, I love
singing
> > it all day, to cover the other. Of course, no one else wants to hear me
> > sing, but you can't have everything! LOL
> >

> Oh you poor love.. that is horrid
>
> BIG HUG

Norma
July 28th 03, 02:31 PM
"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" > wrote in message

> >> Hmm, I seem to detect a theme here.
> >
> >Well, to get away from the "theme", how about "Itsy, Bitsy, Teeny, Weeny,
> >Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"???? <g>
> >Katherine
> >
> Oh heavens. Finally one I'm not immune to!
>
> "1, 2, 3, 4. Tell the people what she wore!
> It was an..."
>
> I may just have to call the oldies station and request that one.
>
>Or Splish, splash, I was taking a bath....
Or We all live in a yellow submarine...
Or....
--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 28th 03, 02:41 PM
Are they painful ?? or just annoying ?
mirjam
nit*che > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> I will not have a problem with this earworm, mine right now is a great
>> catchy little song I was taught by a friend who has two small boys. I
>> wrote it down and taught my little grand daughter and I just have to say
>> "zoom" and have everyone singing, zooming and humming for hours
>>
>> Here goes
>>
>> Zoom, zoom ,zoom,
>> we're going to the moon
>> zoom, zoom, zoom
>> W'ill get there pretty soon
>>
>> come and join us on our trip
>> Clib aboard our rocket ship
>> Zoom, zoom, zoom
>> We're going to the moon
>>
>> Ten, Nine, eight, seven, six five, four, three, two, one
>>
>> "blast off"
>>
>> any other earworms to share..........
>>
>> Els
>>

>OMG!
>The one I've got today is:
>Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed
>A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed
>And then one day he was shootin' at some food
>When up from the ground came a bubblin' crude.
>Oil, that is, Texas tea.
>Well, the first thing ya know, ole Jed's a millionaire,
>Kinfolk said, "Jed, move away from there"
>Said, "Californy is the place you oughta be"
>So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.
>Hills, that is, swimmin' pools, movie stars.
>etc...etc....etc...
>--
>Noreen's Knit*che
>(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
>NATA #447
>(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

SlinkyToy
July 28th 03, 03:18 PM
I've got a Willie Nelson tune in my head...

I didn't come here
And I ain't leaving!
I've been thrown into better places than this!
I didn't come here
And I ain't leaving!
So you better pucker up, I got just the place for you to kiss!

In that timeless Willie style - bluesy with quite a lot of hop to it...

"Els van Dam" > wrote in message
> > Oh, great, thanks a lot! Now I've got an earworm! (For those who don't
> > know, an "earworm" is when you have a song that you just can't get out
> > of your head..........)

Katherine Burgess
July 28th 03, 04:16 PM
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote
> Are they painful ?? or just annoying ?

They can be both! <g>
Katherine

Molvik Family
July 28th 03, 06:19 PM
How'bout,

"Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh.
Willie nillie all stuffed with fluff......."

JJMolvik

Els van Dam
July 28th 03, 08:31 PM
In article >, "Norma"
> wrote:

> give me an earworm over tinitus any day! When I do get one, I love singing
> it all day, to cover the other. Of course, no one else wants to hear me
> sing, but you can't have everything! LOL

Ah most of the time, I do not hear it, unles someone mentioned it....LOL
or when all is very still. One get used to a lot of things and tunitus
among them.......an earworm is a help until it becomes a tinitus
noise....LOL

I have Baby baluga in my head right now, and the wheels on the bus go
around and around, that certainly is a real earworm.....Grand daughter is
on her way for a visit.....(big smile)

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Katherine Burgess
July 29th 03, 03:24 AM
"Elizabeth Bonello" wrote
> The wonderful thing about tiggers
> Is tiggers are wonderful things!
> Their tops are made out of rubber;
> Their bottoms are made out of springs!
> They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,
> Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
> But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
> I'm the only one!
<snip>

"What shall we do about poor little tigger?
If he never eats nothin', he'll never get bigger"
Katherine

Katherine Burgess
July 29th 03, 03:33 AM
"Els van Dam" wrote >

> I have Baby baluga in my head right now, and the wheels on the bus go
> around and around, that certainly is a real earworm.....Grand daughter is
> on her way for a visit.....(big smile)

Els,
I love Baby Beluga. The Wheels, now, that is another story. Kandace and I
play a game where we make up verses for it. That is not too bad.
Enjoy your visit. Where does your granddaughter live?
Hugs,
Katherine

Katherine Burgess
July 29th 03, 03:37 AM
"Deb" wrote > >
> I'm working on History and Geography with my oldest daughter. She is
> learning a little about Sydey and we were singing:
>
> Kookaburra sits on an old gum tree,
> Merry, merry king of the bush is he,
> Laugh, kookaburra, laugh, kookaburra,
> Gay your life must be.
>
> Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
> Eating all the gum drops he can see.
> Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
> Leave some there for more.

Deb,
I love that song. I had never heard the second verse, and will have to teach
it to my granddaughter this week.
Thanks.
Katherine

Els van Dam
July 29th 03, 03:51 AM
In article >, "Katherine
Burgess" > wrote:

> "Deb" wrote > >
> > I'm working on History and Geography with my oldest daughter. She is
> > learning a little about Sydey and we were singing:
> >
> > Kookaburra sits on an old gum tree,
> > Merry, merry king of the bush is he,
> > Laugh, kookaburra, laugh, kookaburra,
> > Gay your life must be.
> >
> > Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
> > Eating all the gum drops he can see.
> > Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
> > Leave some there for more.
>
> Deb,
> I love that song. I had never heard the second verse, and will have to teach
> it to my granddaughter this week.
> Thanks.
> Katherine

Here is a special earworm for today and for Bob Hope...

All together now....."Thanks for the memories"
.....tra la la la la la....tra la la la la la......

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Katherine Burgess
July 29th 03, 04:12 AM
"Els van Dam" > wrote>
> Here is a special earworm for today and for Bob Hope...
>
> All together now....."Thanks for the memories"
> ....tra la la la la la....tra la la la la la......

Els,
I have been humming that all day. A very special man is gone and deserves
all the tributes he will get.
Hugs,
Katherine

Els van Dam
July 29th 03, 05:15 AM
In article >, "Katherine
Burgess" > wrote:

> "Els van Dam" > wrote>
> > Here is a special earworm for today and for Bob Hope...
> >
> > All together now....."Thanks for the memories"
> > ....tra la la la la la....tra la la la la la......
>
> Els,
> I have been humming that all day. A very special man is gone and deserves
> all the tributes he will get.
> Hugs,
> Katherine

Katherine, you sure are a night owl.....( naturally that is when owls are
about.....LOL ) and a very wise owl at that....well maybe not for staying
up so late.....

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 29th 03, 06:13 AM
sounds horrid even the name ....
i immiately remmebered Neron Cesar who got so crazy from a musquito in
his ear ,,,,,
mirjam

>"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote
>> Are they painful ?? or just annoying ?
>
>They can be both! <g>
>Katherine

Miss Jaime
July 29th 03, 09:17 AM
On 28 Jul 2003 11:48:04 -0700, (Deb) wrote:

(Els van Dam) wrote in message >...
>> > Oh, great, thanks a lot! Now I've got an earworm! (For those who don't
>> > know, an "earworm" is when you have a song that you just can't get out
>> > of your head..........)
>
>I'm working on History and Geography with my oldest daughter. She is
>learning a little about Sydey and we were singing:
>
>Kookaburra sits on an old gum tree,
>Merry, merry king of the bush is he,
>Laugh, kookaburra, laugh, kookaburra,
>Gay your life must be.
>
>Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
>Eating all the gum drops he can see.
>Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
>Leave some there for more.

We had to memorize this in music class one year
when I was in elementary school.

Katherine Burgess
July 29th 03, 01:59 PM
Wasn't there an Alfred Hitchcock or Twilight Zone episode about someone in
Africa who got an insect put into his ear? By the time he got rid of it, it
had laid eggs. Yuck!
Katherine

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" > wrote in message
> sounds horrid even the name ....
> i immiately remmebered Neron Cesar who got so crazy from a musquito in
> his ear ,,,,,
> mirjam
>

> >"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote
> >> Are they painful ?? or just annoying ?
> >
> >They can be both! <g>
> >Katherine

Katherine Burgess
July 29th 03, 02:00 PM
"Els van Dam" wrote
"Katherine Burgess" wrote:

> > "Els van Dam" > wrote>
> > > Here is a special earworm for today and for Bob Hope...
> > >
> > > All together now....."Thanks for the memories"
> > > ....tra la la la la la....tra la la la la la......
> >
> > Els,
> > I have been humming that all day. A very special man is gone and
deserves
> > all the tributes he will get.
> > Hugs,
> > Katherine
>
> Katherine, you sure are a night owl.....( naturally that is when owls are
> about.....LOL ) and a very wise owl at that....well maybe not for staying
> up so late.....

Ah, Els, you forget. I am on summer vacation, and can not only sleep in, but
nap when I feel the need. Wonderful! <g>
Hugs,
Katherine

Cheryl Isaak
July 29th 03, 02:13 PM
Think Star Trek Wrath of Kahn!
Cheryl
On 7/29/03 8:59 AM, in article ,
"Katherine Burgess" > wrote:

> Wasn't there an Alfred Hitchcock or Twilight Zone episode about someone in
> Africa who got an insect put into his ear? By the time he got rid of it, it
> had laid eggs. Yuck!
> Katherine
>
> "Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" > wrote in message
>> sounds horrid even the name ....
>> i immiately remmebered Neron Cesar who got so crazy from a musquito in
>> his ear ,,,,,
>> mirjam
>>

>>> "Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote
>>>
>>> They can be both! <g>
>>> Katherine

Katherine Burgess
July 29th 03, 06:10 PM
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote ...
> Think Star Trek Wrath of Kahn!

Oh, do I have to??? <g>
Katherine

Deb
July 30th 03, 12:19 AM
(Els van Dam) wrote in message >...
> > Oh, great, thanks a lot! Now I've got an earworm! (For those who don't
> > know, an "earworm" is when you have a song that you just can't get out
> > of your head..........)

DH taught our oldest DD to play a tune from Charlotte's Web and
everytime she passes the piano she plays it. It is SO in my mind and
**I CAN'T GET IT OUT**. I should be happy she is doing something
creative - but I wish she would play more songs!!!!

Deb

Katherine Burgess
July 30th 03, 01:13 AM
"Ray Almond" wrote
"Deb" writes:

> > I'm working on History and Geography with my oldest daughter. She is
> > learning a little about Sydey and we were singing:
> >
> > Kookaburra sits on an old gum tree,
> > Merry, merry king of the bush is he,
> > Laugh, kookaburra, laugh, kookaburra,
> > Gay your life must be.
> >
> > Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
> > Eating all the gum drops he can see.
> > Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
> > Leave some there for more.
>
> Oh help. Now I've got the slightly blue version I learnt with Guides
> (Girl Scouts) going round!

So what ARE the blue versions???
Katherine

Els van Dam
July 30th 03, 05:28 AM
In article >, "Katherine
Burgess" > wrote:

> "Ray Almond" wrote

> > Oh help. Now I've got the slightly blue version I learnt with Guides
> > (Girl Scouts) going round!
>
> So what ARE the blue versions???
> Katherine

Now now Katherine, are you sure you do want to know.......

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Noreen's Knit*che
July 30th 03, 06:18 AM
In article >,
says...

> OMG, am remembering some blue songs of my own, quite funny:
>
> There once was a farmer, who sat by the crick
> Watching the little boys play with their
> Marbles and toys, and things all aglore
> When along came a girl who might be a
> nice young lady, who laid on the grass
> When she rolled over she showed us her
> Ruffles and tuffles and sometime a tuck,
> when she had finished she taught them to
> KNIT!

While the boys in the barnyarn were shoveling
Sweet Violets,
Sweeter than all the roses...
Covered all over from head to toe,
covered all over with
Sweet violets.

> ---
> I went down to Derbytown, just the other day,
> where I saw there the fattest billy goat who had
> ever laid on hay.
> Well the horns upon this bill goat, they were
> so very thick,
> that everytime that he bent down you
> could see his little....
> I spose you don't believe me, I spose you think I lie.
> If you went down to Derbytown, you'd see the same as I.

> ---
>
> they both go on and on, but memory not cooperating tonight.
> rotfl.
> Noreen

I DID remember the rest of the first one, but not the second, so I stuck
the verse in,
Noreen

OH! Another came to mind, again, can't remember it all...

Shaving cream
Be nice and clean
Fell in a barrel of
shaving cream.

rotfl,
Noreen

Katherine Burgess
July 30th 03, 12:56 PM
"Els van Dam" wrote
"Katherine> Burgess" wrote:

> > "Ray Almond" wrote
>
> > > Oh help. Now I've got the slightly blue version I learnt with Guides
> > > (Girl Scouts) going round!
> >
> > So what ARE the blue versions???
> > Katherine
>

> Now now Katherine, are you sure you do want to know.......

<g>
Well, it WOULD be interesting.
Katherine

Norma
July 30th 03, 03:17 PM
Got another one - Petticoat Junction!

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Noreen's Knit*che
July 30th 03, 10:32 PM
In article >,
says...

> You _did_ ask!
>
> Kookaburra sits on the electric wire,
> jumping up and down with his balls on fire.
> Screech, Kookaburra, screech, Kookaburra
> Hot your life must be.

Thanks, Ray!!!! I'll be singing the blue version all day!!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 30th 03, 11:23 PM
| On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:15:51 +0000 (UTC), (Ray Almond) wrote:

>> So what ARE the blue versions???
>
>You _did_ ask!
>
>Kookaburra sits on the electric wire,
>jumping up and down with his balls on fire.
>Screech, Kookaburra, screech, Kookaburra
>Hot your life must be.

Boy! Am I glad I'd finished my coffee before I saw that or what!
Startled the husband, I laughed so hard!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

July 30th 03, 11:41 PM
ok after seeing that post the weirdest song popped into my head for some
reason ...I can't remember the exact words but it was something along these
lines

When I was a itty bitty boy my grandmother gave me a cute little toy .
Silver bells hanging on a string and she told me it was my ding a ling a
ling.

My ding a ling my ding a ling
I want to play with my ding a ling

Thats all I can remember . So I figured I would contribute to the earworms

Katherine Burgess
July 31st 03, 02:17 AM
"Ray Almond" wrote>
> You _did_ ask!
>
> Kookaburra sits on the electric wire,
> jumping up and down with his balls on fire.
> Screech, Kookaburra, screech, Kookaburra
> Hot your life must be.

LOL
Katherine

Katherine Burgess
July 31st 03, 02:18 AM
> wrote in message
.com...
> ok after seeing that post the weirdest song popped into my head for some
> reason ...I can't remember the exact words but it was something along
these
> lines
>
> When I was a itty bitty boy my grandmother gave me a cute little toy .
> Silver bells hanging on a string and she told me it was my ding a ling a
> ling.
>
> My ding a ling my ding a ling
> I want to play with my ding a ling
>
> Thats all I can remember . So I figured I would contribute to the
earworms

I remember that one, too. Not well enough to give more words, but enough to
have the tune in my head now. <g>
Katherine

J. Koster
July 31st 03, 03:19 AM
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

> On 7/27/03 9:44 PM, in article ,
> "J. Koster" > wrote:
>

>>Cheryl Isaak wrote:
>>

>>>No - that song from Shari Lewis - This is the song that never ends, it goes
>>>on and on my friends. Some one started singing it not knowing
>>
>>what it was,
>>And they will continue singing it forever, just because
>>

>>>This is the
>>>song that never ends,
>>>
>>>GOT YOU!
>>>Cheryl
>>>

>>Just filling in the extra lyrics....if I'm going to have an earworm, I
>>want the whole earworm <snicker>
>>
>>Joan (this is the thread that never ends...we hope......)
>
> Oh pooh - now it is there!
> Cheryl

Sorry......NOT! ;-)

Joan

--
Gone fibernatin'.

Katherine Burgess
July 31st 03, 03:45 AM
"J. Koster" wrote
> Katherine Burgess wrote:
>
> > "Helen "Halla" Fleischer" wrote ...

> >>Hmm, I seem to detect a theme here.
> >

> > Well, to get away from the "theme", how about "Itsy, Bitsy, Teeny,
Weeny,
> > Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"???? <g>
> > Katherine
> >

> "It was a one-eyed, one-horned Flying Purple People Eater....."

"They did the mash, they did the monster mash...."
Katherine

Norma
July 31st 03, 04:04 AM
I'm 'enery the eighth I am, 'enery the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door, she's been married seven times
before...

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

CMM PDX2
July 31st 03, 09:05 AM
Ok, I've missed all the *really* good parts of this thread, I think... Yes, I'm
gonna google it when I get around to it. <eg> I'm 'satiably curious about the
rest of the songs.

But *this* song, I remember. I used to love it! So I went and googled for the
lyrics. Attributed to both Bobby Rydell and Chuck Berry as the singer; no, I
didn't bother checking further to find who actually wrote it. ;)) I heard the
Bobby Rydell version the most, I think; although I'm not positive about that.
What I do remember is that whoever it was, he managed to give it the *lewdest*
intonation you could ever imagine, especially for a white-bread, AM radio
station in the 60's! (KISN, Portland, OR, in case anyone's wondering - THE rock
'n roll station in the city, back in the day.) I noticed that even in third
grade. ::snerk:::

Methinks they used to play it around Christmas a lot. LOL! (well, hey; it was
Portland. the city that produced the band the Kingsmen, of 'Louie Louie' fame.
remember the flap about the possible obscenity of *that* song?? and now the One
More Time Around Again Marching Band, all 500+ strong, use LL as their theme
song, and play it while marching in the Rose Festival Grand Floral Parade,
televised over a goodly part of the country. ahh, progress!)

OK, sorry, no, I don't work for the Portland Chamber of Commerce, despite the
rumors...back to Ding-A-Ling:

*********
Ding-a-Ling
Bobby Rydell

When I was a little bitty boy
My grandmother bought me a cute little toy
Silver bells hanging on a string
She told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling

My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling
My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling

Once I was climbing the garden wall
I slipped and had a terrible fall
Fell so hard I heard bells RING!
But held onto my ding-a-ling-a-ling

My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling
My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling

Then I was swimming cross Turtle Creek
MAN! Them snappers all around my feet
Sure was hard swimmin' 'cross that thing
With both hands holding my ding-a-ling-a-ling

My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling
My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling

Then Mama took me to grammar school
But I stopped off in the vestibule
Every time that bell would ring
Catch me playin' with my ding-a-ling-a-ling

My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling
My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling

This little song, it ain't so bad
The cutest little song you ever had
Those of you who will not sing
Must be playin with your own ding-a-lings!

My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling
My ding-a-ling, my ding-a-ling
Won't you play with my ding-a-ling
********

Man, it's a good thing I can get Radio AOL now, with my new computer. This one
is a *real* earworm. <bg> I'm crazy enough from the heat already!

Monica

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

CMM PDX2
July 31st 03, 10:50 AM
*sigh* And boy, I was so addled from heat I forgot to say *what* song I was
talking about in that long post of mine in this thread...i.e., "Ding-A-Ling".
Sorry, folks. 2 days of close to/over 100 degrees with no a/c was just too much
for my brain!

Not that I *ever* screw up like that normally, of course. <g> Who, me?? ::does
her innocent look, which no one ever believes::

Monica

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

July 31st 03, 12:33 PM
You guys are all nuts... Thanks to all of you I have had stupid songs in my
head for days...Will this maddness ever end ....lol

Shannon in NC

"CMM PDX2" > wrote in message
> You guys are all evil! Evil, I say! However, I got revenge, with my
earlier
> post. (no, I ain't sayin', so you'll come upon it all unawares. ::mad
> cackling::)
>
> How about, "They're coming to take me away, ha-ha..."? Or--
>
> Lincoln!
> Lincoln, Lincoln bo Bincoln Bonana fanna fo Fincoln
> Fee fy mo Mincoln, Lincoln!
>
> Or
>
> He wears tan shoes with pink shoelaces
> A polka dot vest and man, oh, man
> Tan shoes with pink shoelaces
> And a big Panama with a purple hat band...
>
> And I refuse to feel guilty. It's all *your* fault! ::snicker::
>
> Monica - feeling very nostalgic, for some reason
>
> ---------
> "No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself &
I)
> Support our Troops!!
> http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
> ShipSupport Mailing List
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

Katherine Burgess
July 31st 03, 01:02 PM
"Els van Dam" wrote
"Katherine> Burgess" wrote:
> > I remember that one, too. Not well enough to give more words, but enough
> > have the tune in my head now. <g>
> > Katherine
>
> Ahummmmm....for a lady who insists on the blue version of a song.......I
> wonder about you not being able to remember the lines of " a Hot
> earworm......" LOL

LOL Well, you see, Els, we used to sing it - loudly - in bars, late at
night. SO the words didn't really matter. <g>
Katherine

Katherine Burgess
July 31st 03, 01:03 PM
That's it, Monica! The whole thing. LOL
Katherine
"CMM PDX2" wrote
<snipped the entire lyrics of "My Dingaling">

CMM PDX2
July 31st 03, 03:01 PM
Katherine wrote:

>That's it, Monica! The whole thing. LOL

Hee...I'm *efficient*. <vbeg> Sometimes. When the moon is in the right quarter
and it's a week with no 'R's in the names of the days - that sorta thing.
::snerk::

Hope you enjoyed seeing the tout ensemble of the whole!

Monica - who gets a little nuts after 4 days with little sleep 'cause of the
heat. Er, nuttier.

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

Elizabeth Bonello
July 31st 03, 11:22 PM
"Els van Dam" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Norma"
> > wrote:
>
> > I'm 'enery the eighth I am, 'enery the eighth I am, I am
> > I got married to the widow next door, she's been married seven times
> > before...
>
> "Bottles of beer on the wall"....of some sort.....I seem to remember our
> kids singing that song on day trips with school...in the bus...
>
> Els

We liked "Found a peanut" better, since you could drag it on endlessly! We
kept it going on a 3-hour bus ride!

LittleBit

Sue Carlson Dunn
August 1st 03, 12:12 AM
> wrote in message
.com...
> You guys are all nuts... Thanks to all of you I have had stupid
songs in my
> head for days...Will this maddness ever end ....lol

Nope! It will go...
"Round, like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever-spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are ticking past the minutes of its face
And the world is just an apple spinning silently in space
Like the images you find in the windmills of your mind."

--
Sue CD...quietly unravelling in Cumbria...
Pot Luck Crafts www.howhill.com
Sue's Project Pages www.howhill.com/projects
Please take off your shoes to email me!

Norma
August 1st 03, 12:17 AM
gy.com...

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Norma
August 1st 03, 12:20 AM
The wheels on the bus go round and round... *vbg*

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Katherine Burgess
August 1st 03, 03:09 AM
"Sue Carlson Dunn" wrote>
> Nope! It will go...
> "Round, like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
> Never ending or beginning on an ever-spinning reel
> Like a snowball down a mountain or a carnival balloon
> Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon
> Like a clock whose hands are ticking past the minutes of its face
> And the world is just an apple spinning silently in space
> Like the images you find in the windmills of your mind."

Sue,
I knew that this one would turn up here eventually. Love it! And how about:
"Spinning wheel, got to go 'round..."
Katherine

Elizabeth Bonello
August 1st 03, 12:25 PM
"Katherine Burgess" > wrote in message

> "Elizabeth Bonello" wrote
> > We used to sing "Tennessee Whiskey" in parts whilst standing on the sofa
> in
> > the lobby of Tan-Tar-A (a very nice resort at the Lake of the Ozarks in
> > Missouri). We were there (supposedly) for a convention of the Missouri
> > Music Educators Association (we were in the student chapter), but it was
> > really an excuse to drink a lot and carouse! We were lucky if we went
> > one lecture.
> >
> > We have made it a tradition to sing this every time we get together in
our
> > annual get-together (still going strong after 20 years!). I imagine
that
> it
> > is very interesting to hear since none of us had ever heard the song
until
> > few years ago! We had an idea of the tune and we went on from there!
It
> > was a surprisingly accurate rendition when I finally heard the song. We
> > sang it in parts with each person harmonizing individually--we had to
> argue
> > over who was going to sing the melody!
>
> And people think that music teachers are dull! I did my music degree in
> Calgary, and we used to go to Franzl's, which was a polka joint. We would
> take it over one night each term, and have a wonderful time. And this was
in
> the days BEFORE karoke (sp?). LittleBit, you have brought back memories
for
> me, too. <g>
> Katherine

Oh, my gosh! We used to go to dance clubs and do the polka to whatever
rock-and-roll song that was being performed!

We also had a regular Tuesday meeting at the Plaza Bar & Grill. After
chorus practice (2:00 PM), we would go there and occupy a little side room
that had a fireplace and club chairs. We talked and sang a capella while we
drank beer and snacked on appetizers. Other patrons of the bar enjoyed our
shenanigans so much that we got a lot of free food and drinks. Eventually,
we had a following of people who came just to hear us! We probably
introduced a lot of people to classical and jazz music, so it was well worth
the effort. We usually stayed until 8-9:00 PM, spending the last few hours
sobering up so we could drive home safely.

Those were the good old days!

LittleBit

Katherine Burgess
August 1st 03, 12:29 PM
"Elizabeth Bonello" wrote ...

> "Katherine Burgess" wrote > >
> > "Elizabeth Bonello" wrote
<snip>

> Oh, my gosh! We used to go to dance clubs and do the polka to whatever
> rock-and-roll song that was being performed!
>
> We also had a regular Tuesday meeting at the Plaza Bar & Grill. After
> chorus practice (2:00 PM), we would go there and occupy a little side room
> that had a fireplace and club chairs. We talked and sang a capella while
we
> drank beer and snacked on appetizers. Other patrons of the bar enjoyed
our
> shenanigans so much that we got a lot of free food and drinks.
Eventually,
> we had a following of people who came just to hear us! We probably
> introduced a lot of people to classical and jazz music, so it was well
worth
> the effort. We usually stayed until 8-9:00 PM, spending the last few
hours
> sobering up so we could drive home safely.
>
> Those were the good old days!

Sigh! I returned to Franzl's once, but it was closed. I have never gone to a
reunion, as Calgary is just too far to justify it. Someday.
Katherine

CMM PDX2
August 1st 03, 07:46 PM
Little Bit wrote:

>We liked "Found a peanut" better, since you could drag it on
>endlessly! We kept it going on a 3-hour bus ride!

::snickering:: Oh my...I just keep imagining your poor bus drivers! Do those
folks get combat pay? <bg>

Only time I rode a school-bus was during the 3 years I lived out in the
country, and ours had a radio. So it was usually tuned to a rock 'n roll
station. I'm happy to report no violence occurred due to music, either to/from
the driver (a 23-yr-old woman) or students (wee ones in kindergarten to seniors
in HS). Good thing; with that mix, I can imagine the arguments about which
songs we'd sing on the half-hour or so trip to/from school. Especially in the
mornings, when we weren't sure our driver had had her coffee yet... ;))

Man, the *courage*!

Monica

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
August 1st 03, 10:54 PM
| On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:59:34 -0300, "Katherine Burgess" > wrote:

>I prefer winter, but can't think of any songs about hating summer. Oh, wait,
>yes I can!!
>"Too damn hot!..."
>Katherine

Or how about....

Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting burnt and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head....

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Katherine Burgess
August 2nd 03, 03:59 AM
LOL I forgot that one!
Katherine

> wrote in message
.com...
> I have a fly song ...
>
> There was an old lady who swallowed a fly
> I don't know why she swallowed a fly
> perhaps she'll die...
>
> Sorry couldn't resist
>
> Shannon in NC
> "Katherine Burgess" > wrote in message

Oh,
> > wait,
> > >
> > > Or how about....
> > >
> > > Hot town, summer in the city
> > > Back of my neck getting burnt and gritty
> > > Been down, isn't it a pity
> > > Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city
> > >
> > > All around, people looking half dead
> > > Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head....
> >
> > Oh, yes, that is good for today in Labrador!!! If only we could find a
fly
> > song. Hey, how about:
> > "The black fly, the little black fly ...."
> > (Title is "North Ontario" - a great tune about flies and putting up with
> > them.)
> > Katherine

CMM PDX2
August 2nd 03, 12:01 PM
Heh...thanks for all the 'summer' songs, folks. Now I can at least be thankful
I don't have flies!

Hmm...I keep forgetting every summer to be thankful for *no mosquitoes*, too.
Since moving from downtown to the east side of Portland, I've only been bitten
by skeeters around home about 3 times - that's a record, in 12 years!

Although when it gets above 90+, I might trade a few mosquito bites for cooler
weather. <g> Maybe.

Monica

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

NoraBalcer
August 2nd 03, 04:48 PM
Well, my school bus driver, was the truent officer so we had no excuse for not
being on it. Our favorite was the 99 bottles of beer on the wall. We usually
sang that on the way to and from the picnic at the lake that the driver would
take us on once a year. Fond memories.

Hugs,

Nora

Noreen's Knit*che
August 2nd 03, 06:05 PM
In article >,
says...
> Well, my school bus driver, was the truent officer so we had no excuse for not
> being on it. Our favorite was the 99 bottles of beer on the wall. We usually
> sang that on the way to and from the picnic at the lake that the driver would
> take us on once a year. Fond memories.
>
> Hugs,
>
> Nora

Which version tho, Nora?
..... if one of those bottles should happen to fall....
or
..... take one down, pass it around....
We did both, and usually TRIED to alternate every other verse!
LOL,
.....memories, like the corners of my mind,
misty water-color memories,
of the way we were!

Hugs,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

Molvik Family
August 3rd 03, 05:00 AM
I'm with you Monica. Give me fall and WINTER!

JJMolvik

(the Heat Wimp!)

CMM PDX2
August 3rd 03, 09:11 PM
JJ wrote::

>I'm with you Monica. Give me fall and WINTER!
>
>JJMolvik
>
>(the Heat Wimp!)

'Heat Wimp' - ROFLMAO!! I *love* that - I may steal it sometime. ;))

Monica

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

NoraBalcer
August 3rd 03, 09:29 PM
Hi,

Hit the sent button before I put my name, sorry, must be this terrible heat.

Hugs,

Nora

NoraBalcer
August 3rd 03, 10:01 PM
JJ,

I'm laughing as here we complained about all the cold and snow we had this past
winter, now we can't wait for it's return. I'm so sick of the heat and humidity
and it's going to be around all week. The fans are getting another good
workout.

Hugs,

Nora

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
August 4th 03, 01:17 PM
I, for one, am not fool enough to want the cold and snow back, but I do
like autumn weather. Sweater weather, to be specific. Or jumper weather to
some of you. ;) The days when I can actually show off my knitting seem all
too few and far between.

| On 03 Aug 2003 21:01:39 GMT, (NoraBalcer) wrote:

>JJ,
>
>I'm laughing as here we complained about all the cold and snow we had this past
>winter, now we can't wait for it's return. I'm so sick of the heat and humidity
>and it's going to be around all week. The fans are getting another good
>workout.
>
>Hugs,
>
>Nora

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Katherine Burgess
August 4th 03, 04:11 PM
Yes, Helen, sweater weather is about the best. Of course, what I call summer
weather, most of you would call sweater weather anyhow. <g>
And I don't really mind the cold and snow - as long as I can stay caught up
with the shovelling.
Katherine

"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" > wrote in message
> I, for one, am not fool enough to want the cold and snow back, but I do
> like autumn weather. Sweater weather, to be specific. Or jumper weather to
> some of you. ;) The days when I can actually show off my knitting seem all
> too few and far between.
>
> | On 03 Aug 2003 21:01:39 GMT, (NoraBalcer) wrote:
>
> >JJ,
> >
> >I'm laughing as here we complained about all the cold and snow we had
this past
> >winter, now we can't wait for it's return. I'm so sick of the heat and
humidity
> >and it's going to be around all week. The fans are getting another good
> >workout.
> >
> >Hugs,
> >
> >Nora
>

> Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
> Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
> http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Google