PDA

View Full Version : OT lovely illustratorīs page

Anna MCM
July 27th 03, 11:52 AM
I have to search very often the correct spelling of English words.
Searching for hedgehog (I kept writing hedgedog!) I found this website:

http://www.janbrett.com/

I didnīt know this illustrator before, I tried the page for drawing a
hedgehog and it come out very lovely! :-)
There are also a lot of coloring pages to print which could make a nice
present for kids!
Under the activities page you can also find some cross stitch patterns.
I just begun to check the website, have to return back there and
complete my visit!
Too cute for not sharing with you all...

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Katherine Burgess
July 27th 03, 02:32 PM
Gee, that looks interesting, Anna Maria. I'll definitely go back and explore
thoroughly later.
Katherine

"Anna MCM" > wrote in message
> I have to search very often the correct spelling of English words.
> Searching for hedgehog (I kept writing hedgedog!) I found this website:
>
> http://www.janbrett.com/
>
> I didnīt know this illustrator before, I tried the page for drawing a
> hedgehog and it come out very lovely! :-)
> There are also a lot of coloring pages to print which could make a nice
> present for kids!
> Under the activities page you can also find some cross stitch patterns.
> I just begun to check the website, have to return back there and
> complete my visit!
> Too cute for not sharing with you all...
>
> Hugs,
>
> Anna Maria

Norma
July 27th 03, 06:09 PM
Thanks Anna Marie. My friend is looking for anything to do with hedgehogs,
so I will let her know about this site. I'm now going back to look some
more.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
"Anna MCM" > wrote in message
> I have to search very often the correct spelling of English words.
> Searching for hedgehog (I kept writing hedgedog!) I found this website:
>
> http://www.janbrett.com/
>
> I didnīt know this illustrator before, I tried the page for drawing a
> hedgehog and it come out very lovely! :-)
> There are also a lot of coloring pages to print which could make a nice
> present for kids!
> Under the activities page you can also find some cross stitch patterns.
> I just begun to check the website, have to return back there and
> complete my visit!
> Too cute for not sharing with you all...
>
> Hugs,
>
> Anna Maria

Els van Dam
July 27th 03, 10:48 PM
In article >, Anna MCM > wrote:

> I have to search very often the correct spelling of English words.
> Searching for hedgehog (I kept writing hedgedog!) I found this website:
>
> http://www.janbrett.com/
>
> I didnīt know this illustrator before, I tried the page for drawing a
> hedgehog and it come out very lovely! :-)
> There are also a lot of coloring pages to print which could make a nice
> present for kids!
> Under the activities page you can also find some cross stitch patterns.
> I just begun to check the website, have to return back there and
> complete my visit!
> Too cute for not sharing with you all...
>
> Hugs,
>
> Anna Maria

Ah Anna Maria.......I know what your are talking about.....I was e-mailing
a friend this morning about my 8 harness loom and a draft I have problems
with. In it I told her that I did not know if I had a rising or thinking
shed.......ah well it was a very good pun though sink or think, and all
that and the kitchen sink......I do make people laugh a lot, and that is
the main thing.

In Dutch a hedge hog is .....een egeltje....... Here is a good laugh for
everyone....do you know how a hedge hog makes love........?????

Very carefully..........!!!!!!!! LOL

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Noreen's Knit*che
July 27th 03, 11:05 PM
In article >,
says...

<<snipped>>

> Here is a good laugh for
> everyone....do you know how a hedge hog makes love........?????
>
> Very carefully..........!!!!!!!! LOL
>
> Els

Els,
Coffee on the monitor, no less!
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)

Els van Dam
July 28th 03, 06:04 AM
In article >, "Katherine
Burgess" > wrote:

> "Els van Dam" wrote >
> > In Dutch a hedge hog is .....een egeltje....... Here is a good laugh for
> > everyone....do you know how a hedge hog makes love........?????
> >
> > Very carefully..........!!!!!!!! LOL
>
> LOL
> Els, a friend of mine has a hedgehog. His name is "Velcro".
> Katherine

I think that there may be a geat story here about Velcro the
hedgehog.....I can see this little critter becoming a closure on some
one's jacket.. a talking velcro closure, to tell you when to button up,
or close your cap, when it is very cold outside so your ears do not get
cold....

Looks like this is a message for Kandance.....(smile)

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Els van Dam
July 28th 03, 06:07 AM
In article >,
wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
>
> <<snipped>>
>
> > Here is a good laugh for
> > everyone....do you know how a hedge hog makes love........?????
> >
> > Very carefully..........!!!!!!!! LOL
> >
> > Els
> >

> Els,
> Coffee on the monitor, no less!
> Noreen

OK Noreen, no more drinks by the computer for you...things can get very
sticky that way and you may not be able to use your keybaord any
more.....LOL

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Katherine Burgess
July 28th 03, 01:49 PM
"Els van Dam" wrote
"Katherine> Burgess" wrote:

> > "Els van Dam" wrote >
> > > In Dutch a hedge hog is .....een egeltje....... Here is a good laugh
for
> > > everyone....do you know how a hedge hog makes love........?????
> > >
> > > Very carefully..........!!!!!!!! LOL
> >
> > LOL
> > Els, a friend of mine has a hedgehog. His name is "Velcro".
> > Katherine
>
> I think that there may be a geat story here about Velcro the
> hedgehog.....I can see this little critter becoming a closure on some
> one's jacket.. a talking velcro closure, to tell you when to button up,
> or close your cap, when it is very cold outside so your ears do not get
> cold....
>
> Looks like this is a message for Kandance.....(smile)

LOL She would love it! She saw a hedgehog in a pet store this summer, and
really wanted it. No, she did NOT get it. <g>
Katherine

Els van Dam
July 28th 03, 08:33 PM
In article >, "Katherine
Burgess" > wrote:

> LOL She would love it! She saw a hedgehog in a pet store this summer, and
> really wanted it. No, she did NOT get it. <g>
> Katherine

Good for you stand firm......The older I get the easier to give
in.......but a hedge hog I would be firm as well....I think......LOL

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Katherine Burgess
July 29th 03, 03:52 AM
"Els van Dam" :

> Good for you stand firm......The older I get the easier to give
> in.......but a hedge hog I would be firm as well....I think......LOL

OH, yes! No hedgehogs! I gave in on the hamsters once, and we babysat an
iguana one vacation, but I have to draw the line somewhere! <g>
Katherine

Katherine Burgess
July 29th 03, 02:05 PM
MIrjam.
We don't have wild hedgehogs here - just too cold! You can get them in pet
stores, though. I just don't want one. I have a dog, and that is enough. In
fact, when the time comes, I will not replace her, much as I love her.
Katherine

Els van Dam
July 29th 03, 10:28 PM
In article >, "Katherine
Burgess" > wrote:

> MIrjam.
> We don't have wild hedgehogs here - just too cold! You can get them in pet
> stores, though. I just don't want one. I have a dog, and that is enough. In
> fact, when the time comes, I will not replace her, much as I love her.
> Katherine

Katherine, I can relate to that. We had a dog for 17 years. When we
moved to the Island, the Vet recommended we had Tigger (like in Winnie the
Pooh) put down. She was deaf, and blind and had a hard time moving up and
down the stairs. The vet thought it cruel to take her along on this long
trip, and get her used to new surroundings. With a sad heart we left her
behind. Otto and I do look after friends dogs, when they go on holidays
and that is just enough. when I go for my walk I have a pocket full of
dog bicuits for all the dogs in neighbourhood, and carrots or apples for
the horses, and that fills the need for a pet very nicely.

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Katherine Burgess
July 30th 03, 01:02 AM
"Els van Dam" wrote...
> In article >, "Katherine
> Burgess" > wrote:
>
> > MIrjam.
> > We don't have wild hedgehogs here - just too cold! You can get them in
pet
> > stores, though. I just don't want one. I have a dog, and that is enough.
In
> > fact, when the time comes, I will not replace her, much as I love her.
> > Katherine
>
> Katherine, I can relate to that. We had a dog for 17 years. When we
> moved to the Island, the Vet recommended we had Tigger (like in Winnie the
> Pooh) put down. She was deaf, and blind and had a hard time moving up and
> down the stairs. The vet thought it cruel to take her along on this long
> trip, and get her used to new surroundings. With a sad heart we left her
> behind. Otto and I do look after friends dogs, when they go on holidays
> and that is just enough. when I go for my walk I have a pocket full of
> dog bicuits for all the dogs in neighbourhood, and carrots or apples for
> the horses, and that fills the need for a pet very nicely.

Oh, Els, after 17 years, that must have been so hard! I think that I will be
a professional babysitter in a few years.
Hugs,
Katherine

Els van Dam
July 30th 03, 05:46 AM
In article >, "Katherine
Burgess" > wrote:

> "Els van Dam" wrote...
>
> Oh, Els, after 17 years, that must have been so hard! I think that I will be
> a professional babysitter in a few years.
> Hugs,
> Katherine

Yes Katherine it was....

last year I filled a wall with pictures of all the dogs I have been
associated in my life, including snoopy....LOL.

When I was born, my parents had a dog called Peggy. Peggy was so
protective of me that nobody could come close to crib, baby carriage, or
playpan, with out being bitten or challenced. They had to put that dog
down. I have always found that a very sad story. My first daughter was
named after that dog. Then there is Ina, my son's dog, who was found in
a ditch and was with Dennis for 12 years Ina was the sweetest of all the
dogs I have known. Taika, by brother's akita was another kind and good
dog. Now there is Noah my brother's new dog a standart poodle and a
lighthearted sweetheart. Lady was a dog from a neighbour here and she
adopted us when we moved here, Every morning at six o'clock she would come
up the deck and lay in front of our bedroom, patiently waiting for us to
get up, so she could get a dog biscuit and so the list goes on. Tigger a
half Lasa Aphso sits happely among all those old friends, and all look at
me while I am typing this post.....LOL I am still in good dog company....

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Katherine Burgess
July 30th 03, 12:53 PM
Els,
No cats in your list?
What kind of dog was Peggy?
Katherine

NoraBalcer
July 30th 03, 03:50 PM
Els,

We keep a box of dog bones handy as the neighbors have dogs and we give them
treats. Something like grandchildren, they take care of them and we spoil
them.

Hugs,

Nora

Els van Dam
July 31st 03, 07:03 AM
In article >, "Katherine
Burgess" > wrote:

> Els,
> No cats in your list?
> What kind of dog was Peggy?
> Katherine

Some kind of mix....she was small and had pointy ears with curly hair
hanging down form it, and a sassy look on her face....

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Google