PDA

View Full Version : Re: News from our Allaya, the original hugs and BUTTONS gal!

marika
July 26th 03, 06:57 PM
"Allaya Diep" > wrote in message news:<HNtLa.103048$Dr3.42912@fed1read02>...
> Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes! I wish I could say I'm totally
> healthy, but I just got the worst cold a couple of days ago! It's terrible
> being sick while pregnant, because you can't do anything about it...well,
> nothing that works anyway. I think they recommend things just to get your
> mind off of it, but up until today, I was so stuffy, you'd think I had two
> corks in my nose!
>
> SOOoooOooo, in my pregnancy "fog" as I call it (that interesting phenomenon
> that happens when you become a klutz, lose all common sense, and just can't
> think logically), I decided to take matters into my own hands...

sounds like a good movie subject

> I read the ingredients on my Vicks Vapo Rub and discovered that one of the
> active ingredients is eucalyptus oil...about 2.5%. I used to study
> chemistry, and 2.5% isn't a whole heck of a lot (course, I didn't consider
> any of its other physical properties, but that's another story), technically
> speaking. Besides, it was barely penetrating my sinuses. Then I thought,
> hey, I have some eucalyptus oil in my medicine cabinet...what if I dropped
> some of into a bowl of boiling water and did one of those little steam tents
> with a towel so that I could breathe it all in?

sounds like a good movie subject

> So that was the plan...innocent enough. If a little bit of eucalyptus oil
> was good, even more would be better, right? I obtained my vat of boiling
> water and just doused it with eucalyptus oil. Now I was ready. I put a
> towel over it, and then I stuck my head under it.

So, this duality can't be portrayed in a movie?

> HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!! It just so happens there's a reason that Vicks only
> uses 2.5%, cuz that stuff is POTENT...and EXTREMELY VOLATILE. If I had a
> match, I might have made an impressive mushroom could with those vapors.
> However, not having the foresight to consider such things before I stuck my
> head into my make shift vaporizer, I inhaled the full power of the vapor
> cloud. It was as if I rolled and lit a eucalyptus cigarette, because when I
> pulled my head out of there (almost immediately), I was still exhaling
> eucalyptus vapors!

Sounds like a great subject for a great movie. Irony.

> But then, lo and behold, my sinuses opened right up...and my lungs felt
> instantly decongested. Wow, I thought...I should try that again, but only
> with less of it (clearly, I didn't learn from the first time). So yes, I
> was ditzy enough to do it all over again. It wasn't as bad this time
> because instead of putting in 15 drops, I put in 3. Much more tolerable.
> Nice results. I was so elated with being able to breathe in oxygen again, I
> fell asleep.

you have guts. you go girl.

mk5000

"63. A brown tiger is running through the grass.
THIS MEANS RUN (GO FAST)
64. A brown tiger looks up at a vast roaring waterfall. The
waterfall is on the left."--The Pilot

Norma
July 26th 03, 09:35 PM
You should WARN a person! Coffee all over my monitor!

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
"marika" > wrote in message
om...
> [...]
> > eucalyptus vapors!
>
> Sounds like a great subject for a great movie. Irony.
>

> > But then, lo and behold, my sinuses opened right up...and my lungs felt
> > instantly decongested. Wow, I thought...I should try that again, but
only
> > with less of it (clearly, I didn't learn from the first time). So yes,
> > was ditzy enough to do it all over again. It wasn't as bad this time
> > because instead of putting in 15 drops, I put in 3. Much more
tolerable.
> > Nice results. I was so elated with being able to breathe in oxygen
again, I
> > fell asleep.
> >

> you have guts. you go girl.
>

> mk5000
>
> "63. A brown tiger is running through the grass.
> THIS MEANS RUN (GO FAST)
> 64. A brown tiger looks up at a vast roaring waterfall. The

Claire
July 27th 03, 12:50 AM
Dear Allaya

Thanks for the tip! Have been horribly bunged up from hayfever but as I'm
also in pod I haven't been able to dose myself up with the usual bucketful
of anti-histamines. Am off to sniff hot Olbas Oil and see if I can get my
nose working!

Claire

"marika" > wrote in message
om...
> [...]
> > eucalyptus vapors!
>
> Sounds like a great subject for a great movie. Irony.
>

> > But then, lo and behold, my sinuses opened right up...and my lungs felt
> > instantly decongested. Wow, I thought...I should try that again, but
only
> > with less of it (clearly, I didn't learn from the first time). So yes,
> > was ditzy enough to do it all over again. It wasn't as bad this time
> > because instead of putting in 15 drops, I put in 3. Much more
tolerable.
> > Nice results. I was so elated with being able to breathe in oxygen
again, I
> > fell asleep.
> >

> you have guts. you go girl.
>

> mk5000
>
> "63. A brown tiger is running through the grass.
> THIS MEANS RUN (GO FAST)
> 64. A brown tiger looks up at a vast roaring waterfall. The

CMM PDX2
July 27th 03, 04:00 PM
ROFLMAO, and I missed it the first go-round, too, Katherine! Man...Allaya,
*definitely* a warning; laughing that much at the ungodly - to me - hour of
7:58 a.m. could *seriously* hurt a person!

And Marika - ROFL to your comments, too. I especially liked

>So, this duality can't be portrayed in a movie?

Hmm. Y'know, wouldn't this scene be great in a movie? I dunno, I just can't
seem to get the idea out of my head now, for some reason...

::still snickering::
Monica

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

Allaya Diep
July 28th 03, 06:01 PM
Looking back on it...it IS quite cinematic, isn't it? :)

Allaya

om...

Google