PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for crochet needed, please

Deb
July 26th 03, 01:11 PM
Hello group,

DH and mine friend came to stay with us this past week. Last night he
gave us some gifts and he gave me 2 skeins of Lion Brand Imagine
(mohair blend). 1 2.5oz skein of red and 1 of black. It's VERY nice
and not something I've splurged on myself. Now, I live in South
Florida where scarves, mittens, and hats are not needed - well,
sometimes it dips to 30 but we just stay inside then!

So, does anyone have any suggestions on what I could make with this
lovely yarn? I'm a thread crocheter. I do have a box full of yarn
for odd projects - to make cute things for my kids - but I focus on
thread mostly. So I don't have any ideas what to make.

Now, I suppose I could make our friend something out of it - he lives
in Virginia.

Thanks, group!

Deb
http://www.debsdesktop.com
http://www.debsbookshelf.com
http://www.pineappleplaza.com

Sew-Sew Lady
July 26th 03, 02:49 PM
Large size hook, double or treble stitches in an open lacy pattern, make a
shawl or wrap.
A suggestion From too-dang-hot South Texas....

Windy

"Deb" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello group,
>
> DH and mine friend came to stay with us this past week. Last night he
> gave us some gifts and he gave me 2 skeins of Lion Brand Imagine
> (mohair blend). 1 2.5oz skein of red and 1 of black. It's VERY nice
> and not something I've splurged on myself. Now, I live in South
> Florida where scarves, mittens, and hats are not needed - well,
> sometimes it dips to 30 but we just stay inside then!
>
> So, does anyone have any suggestions on what I could make with this
> lovely yarn? I'm a thread crocheter. I do have a box full of yarn
> for odd projects - to make cute things for my kids - but I focus on
> thread mostly. So I don't have any ideas what to make.
>
> Now, I suppose I could make our friend something out of it - he lives
> in Virginia.
>
> Thanks, group!
>
> Deb
> http://www.debsdesktop.com
> http://www.debsbookshelf.com
> http://www.pineappleplaza.com

Deb
July 26th 03, 06:31 PM
Windy,

Thank you. I like that idea.

Deb

"Sew-Sew Lady" > wrote in message >...
> Large size hook, double or treble stitches in an open lacy pattern, make a
> shawl or wrap.
> A suggestion From too-dang-hot South Texas....
>
> Windy

Karen
July 27th 03, 02:08 AM
I'd second that idea of a shawl or wrap. Even in really hot weather, you
can walk into a movie theater or office building, and it will be so
air-conditioned that you end up shivering. Something light that you can
carry with and throw over to keep the chill off your neck / shoulders beats
carrying a sweater with. Imagine is so very soft too -- I think it would
make a wonderful wrap!

"Sew-Sew Lady" > wrote in message
m...
> Large size hook, double or treble stitches in an open lacy pattern, make a
> shawl or wrap.
> A suggestion From too-dang-hot South Texas....
>
> Windy
>

> "Deb" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello group,
> >
> > DH and mine friend came to stay with us this past week. Last night he
> > gave us some gifts and he gave me 2 skeins of Lion Brand Imagine
> > (mohair blend). 1 2.5oz skein of red and 1 of black. It's VERY nice
> > and not something I've splurged on myself. Now, I live in South
> > Florida where scarves, mittens, and hats are not needed - well,
> > sometimes it dips to 30 but we just stay inside then!
> >
> > So, does anyone have any suggestions on what I could make with this
> > lovely yarn? I'm a thread crocheter. I do have a box full of yarn
> > for odd projects - to make cute things for my kids - but I focus on
> > thread mostly. So I don't have any ideas what to make.
> >
> > Now, I suppose I could make our friend something out of it - he lives
> > in Virginia.
> >
> > Thanks, group!
> >
> > Deb
> > http://www.debsdesktop.com