PDA

View Full Version : Nickel plated brass needles

AGRES
July 24th 03, 09:59 PM
A few days ago, I posted that texturing near the tips of stainless steel
needles improved their usability.

Now, I am testing similar texturing on nickel plated brass needles. When
knitting to a tight gauge, the textured - nickel plated brass needles tend
to feel rough and scratchy. When knitting fast and loose, the textured band
around the points does seem to allow knitting faster and easier. I like it
enough that I am going to go ahead and texture bands behind the points on my
other stainless steel and nickel plated needles. They may wear a bit faster,
but then everybody deserves a new set of steel needles every few years
anyway : )

Aaron

Google