PDA

View Full Version : S.E.X. in Nashville

Noreen's Knit*che
July 20th 03, 12:57 AM
What a bonanza... went stash shopping and 'just' shopping today...I got
seventeen POUNDS of Caron's one-pound skeins, and then two eight ounce
skeins, so... 18 lbs. of yarn!
Lots of throws, stadium blankets, afghans!
Also, purchased a book I've been coveting, "The Complete Encyclopedia of
Needlework" 'Anniversary Edition' by Therese de Dillmont.
Also, two balls of Caron 'Grandma's Best' crochet cotton.
And, when I got home, my order from JKNeedles arrived, with my new
Bryspun's and two German tatting shuttles!
A great Saturday for me, GRIN!
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447

Carol in TN
July 20th 03, 03:47 AM
Noreen,
You left out the details of where you managed to find all this great stash.
I'm only 20 minutes from Nashville. The only true yarn store that I have
been to is in the Green Hills area. Very nice store with nice employees.
Table near the front for people to gather and knit and share. Sorry, can't
remember the name right off. I would be interested in finding other yarn
shops in the area.
Thanks
Carol in TN
"Noreen's Knit*che" > wrote in message
> What a bonanza... went stash shopping and 'just' shopping today...I got
> seventeen POUNDS of Caron's one-pound skeins, and then two eight ounce
> skeins, so... 18 lbs. of yarn!
> Lots of throws, stadium blankets, afghans!
> Also, purchased a book I've been coveting, "The Complete Encyclopedia of
> Needlework" 'Anniversary Edition' by Therese de Dillmont.
> Also, two balls of Caron 'Grandma's Best' crochet cotton.
> And, when I got home, my order from JKNeedles arrived, with my new
> Bryspun's and two German tatting shuttles!
> A great Saturday for me, GRIN!
> Noreen
>
> --
> Noreen's Knit*che
> NATA #447
> (my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

Noreen's Knit*che
July 20th 03, 06:08 AM
In article >,
says...
> Noreen,
> You left out the details of where you managed to find all this great stash.
> I'm only 20 minutes from Nashville. The only true yarn store that I have
> been to is in the Green Hills area. Very nice store with nice employees.
> Table near the front for people to gather and knit and share. Sorry, can't
> remember the name right off. I would be interested in finding other yarn
> shops in the area.
> Thanks
> Carol in TN

Hi Carol,
It was actually in Antioch, exit 60 off I24... and it wasn't a yarn shop,
it's a place called GARDEN RIDGE.
I got my book at Books-a-Million in Murfreesboro.
HTH,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

Carol in TN
July 20th 03, 11:23 AM
Noreen,
Thank you. I have not been to Garden Ridge. I know that it is near the
Hickory Hills Mall but I don't get over there much. Rivergate Mall is much
closer. Last month, I found in the yellow pages, a yarn shop that is
supposed to be in Madison but I haven't been there yet.
Carol in TN

"Noreen's Knit*che" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > Noreen,
> > You left out the details of where you managed to find all this great
stash.
> > I'm only 20 minutes from Nashville. The only true yarn store that I
have
> > been to is in the Green Hills area. Very nice store with nice
employees.
> > Table near the front for people to gather and knit and share. Sorry,
can't
> > remember the name right off. I would be interested in finding other
yarn
> > shops in the area.
> > Thanks
> > Carol in TN
>
> Hi Carol,
> It was actually in Antioch, exit 60 off I24... and it wasn't a yarn shop,
> it's a place called GARDEN RIDGE.
> I got my book at Books-a-Million in Murfreesboro.
> HTH,
> Noreen
>
> --
> Noreen's Knit*che
> NATA #447
> (my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

NoraBalcer
July 20th 03, 09:19 PM
Noreen,

What a great find. I just read our Michaels ad and see they have the pounders
by Caron on sale this week, may have to go and check them out. Was any of it
variegated? You know how I just love variegated yarn.

Hugs,

Nora

Carol in TN
July 20th 03, 11:34 PM
Noreen,
Just let me know when you are coming into Nashville and I will be there to
meet you. And I knew that the name of that mall wasn't right but I couldn't
think of it. Just came to me - it's Hickory Hollow Mall. right????
Carol in TN
"Noreen's Knit*che" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > Noreen,
> > Thank you. I have not been to Garden Ridge. I know that it is near the
> > Hickory Hills Mall but I don't get over there much. Rivergate Mall is
much
> > closer. Last month, I found in the yellow pages, a yarn shop that is
> > supposed to be in Madison but I haven't been there yet.
> > Carol in TN
> >
> > "Noreen's Knit*che" > wrote in message
> > > In article >,
> > > says...
> > stash.
> > have
> > employees.
Sorry,
> > can't
> > yarn
> Carol, it's right by Bill Heard Chevrolet.
> Maybe when we finally get a chance to MEET, we could go there!
> Hugs,
> Noreen
>

> --
> Noreen's Knit*che
> NATA #447
> (my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

Noreen's Knit*che
July 21st 03, 01:45 PM
In article >,
says...
> Noreen,
>
> What a great find. I just read our Michaels ad and see they have the pounders
> by Caron on sale this week, may have to go and check them out. Was any of it
> variegated? You know how I just love variegated yarn.
>
> Hugs,
>
> Nora

Caron's does have variegated, the pounders are just a tad more difficult
to 'find'... not a lot of stores order them...
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 22nd 03, 01:01 AM
| On 21 Jul 2003 17:59:49 GMT, (NoraBalcer) wrote:

>Gee, now you made me curious and will have to check AC Moore to see what color
>their Caron pounders are in.

Speaking of which, I noticed Caron pounders in the Michael's ad in my
Sunday paper. Guess that means they're on sale. However, I have enough
acrylic for all my current charity projects, and then some, so I guess I
can resist. ;)

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Mischief
July 23rd 03, 03:07 AM
Gee Noreen that was a wonderful purchase. I would love to be able to
buy that much yarn in one day but considering all of the yarn that I
currently have I guess it's going to be a while before I can do that
type of shopping.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.50 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

NoraBalcer
July 23rd 03, 03:37 PM
Well, I told DH this morning that we will have to stop at AC Moore this week as
they are having a yarn sale too. Have to check out all the "new" kinds of yarn.

Hugs,

Nora

Mischief
July 24th 03, 03:53 AM
Gee I mention a yarn sale to my DH and he rolls his eyes because of my
stash. Hopefully now that the wrist is getting better I will be able
to work on getting items completed.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.50 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Google