PDA

View Full Version : Re: Noro yarn help please!

Dannielle Beitzell
July 17th 03, 07:43 PM
Well, I just finished this morning. I took the whole thing apart after
reading all of your suggestions here and started over again. Now it is a
full two skeins long in a wonderful looking seed stitch (which I had to do
several times before I got it right) and it lays flat and looks wonderful!
Now I have a spare skein to make one of those ear warmer thingies that goes
around the head!

Thanks for all of your help!

--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

"Annette Zimmerman" > wrote in message
> Hi Dannielle!
> I just finished a shawl in this beautiful stuff. I slipped the first
stitch
> of each row, and it didn't curl at all. But I think it would also be
> wonderful doubled over...nice and warm that way!
> Oh, and I had a problem with blocking...the label says "dry clean", but
it's
> colorfast and when I pinned it out and spritzed it, it did just fine.
> Have fun working with it! I was very sad when my project ended!
> Annette Z
>
> "Dannielle Beitzell" > wrote in message
> t.net...
> > Hello all. I hope you don't mind me jumping in and asking a question
> here.
> > I don't often get a chance to read this group as this isn't my main
craft.

> > I am working on a scarf for my DMIL using Noro yarn. It is the first
time
> > have ever used this fabulous Japanese yarn, however as I knit it is
> curling
> > up on me (on the long sides). I am using size 9 bamboo needles and I am
> > knitting a row and then purling a row.
> >
> > Has anyone ever used this stuff and have any hints or tips about the
> > curling? I think I might have to stitch the long sides together and
make
> it
> > a tube scarf just to get it to lay right.
> >
> > --
> > Dannielle from NY
> > http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

Google