PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Deb
July 17th 03, 04:41 PM
Hello,

I'm new to the group and wanted to take a moment to intoduce myself.

My name is Deb and I live in South Florida. I am a stay-at-home,
homeschooling mom of 5. Emily will be 10 in October, Caytie (8), Levi
(6), Jordan (5), Kenaniah (1 on July 30).

I've been crocheting for 5 years now. I have a website where I was
selling made-to-order doilies and other thread projects. I was quite
busy with orders, but found I didn't have time to make up things "I"
wanted to so I have taken a break from that to make up things I want
and see if I can sell them. I'll also focus on making up projects for
gifts and myself.

A friend of mine has made up some blank greeting cards and she
inspired me to embellish blank cards with crochet. I've made up two
and have ideas for more - I'm very excited about this.

It's nice to be able to talk to others about the craft I love!

Deb
http://www.debsdesktop.com
http://www.debsbookshelf.com
http://www.pineappleplaza.com

Allaya Diep
July 17th 03, 07:27 PM
Hi Deb!

Welcome to RCTY! We're glad you're here. You do some beautiful work!

Allaya

"Deb" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the group and wanted to take a moment to intoduce myself.
>
> My name is Deb and I live in South Florida. I am a stay-at-home,
> homeschooling mom of 5. Emily will be 10 in October, Caytie (8), Levi
> (6), Jordan (5), Kenaniah (1 on July 30).
>
> I've been crocheting for 5 years now. I have a website where I was
> selling made-to-order doilies and other thread projects. I was quite
> busy with orders, but found I didn't have time to make up things "I"
> wanted to so I have taken a break from that to make up things I want
> and see if I can sell them. I'll also focus on making up projects for
> gifts and myself.
>
> A friend of mine has made up some blank greeting cards and she
> inspired me to embellish blank cards with crochet. I've made up two
> and have ideas for more - I'm very excited about this.
>
> It's nice to be able to talk to others about the craft I love!
>
> Deb
> http://www.debsdesktop.com
> http://www.debsbookshelf.com
> http://www.pineappleplaza.com

Mischief
July 18th 03, 02:20 AM
Deb

Welcome to the group. We are very friendly so feel free to ask any
questions you need answers to.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.50 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Deb
July 19th 03, 05:26 AM
Hey Mirjam, thank you!

Yes, well, we had lots of fun picking them out. I cannot imagine
their names as anything else, although, when DH first mentioned Levi's
name, I wasn't quite sure. Creativity runs deep in our family!

Deb

(Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote in message >...
> hallo Deb !! welcome !!
> I am facinated by the names you chose for your kids ,

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 20th 03, 05:38 AM
Being a Cohen by birth means that I am of the Levy tribe ,
the River Jordan runs through my country this are straight from the
Tanach , but where are the others from

>Hey Mirjam, thank you!
>
>Yes, well, we had lots of fun picking them out. I cannot imagine
>their names as anything else, although, when DH first mentioned Levi's
>name, I wasn't quite sure. Creativity runs deep in our family!
>
>Deb

(Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote in message >...
>> hallo Deb !! welcome !!
>> I am facinated by the names you chose for your kids ,

G.Kelly
July 20th 03, 09:17 AM
Hello Deb and a very big welcome from "down under". And congratulations
on your home schooling efforts - I feel it a ver very worthwhile objective -
and I have never been to a school except to sit for exams and never in my 75
years felt that I missed out on anything - in fact I feel I had lots of
advantages.

I am sure you will do well with your crafts too - when my girls were small
and I could not go to work I used to knit babies and toddlers garments to
sell to shops and it brought in a little well needed extra. Bye God
Bless Gwen
--

Gwen Kelly

"Deb" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to the group and wanted to take a moment to intoduce myself.
>
> My name is Deb and I live in South Florida. I am a stay-at-home,
> homeschooling mom of 5. Emily will be 10 in October, Caytie (8), Levi
> (6), Jordan (5), Kenaniah (1 on July 30).
>
> I've been crocheting for 5 years now. I have a website where I was
> selling made-to-order doilies and other thread projects. I was quite
> busy with orders, but found I didn't have time to make up things "I"
> wanted to so I have taken a break from that to make up things I want
> and see if I can sell them. I'll also focus on making up projects for
> gifts and myself.
>
> A friend of mine has made up some blank greeting cards and she
> inspired me to embellish blank cards with crochet. I've made up two
> and have ideas for more - I'm very excited about this.
>
> It's nice to be able to talk to others about the craft I love!
>
> Deb
> http://www.debsdesktop.com
> http://www.debsbookshelf.com
> http://www.pineappleplaza.com