PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Topic: Knit vs Crochet

Noreen's Knit*che
July 17th 03, 07:10 AM
Hi Group!
IF you knit AND crochet (with yarn), which do you PREFER?
Hugs,
Noreen

** Although crochet goes quicker, I PREFER to Knit.
Noreen**

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Brian D
July 17th 03, 07:32 PM
Hi there:

I prefer to knit, just because most of my knowledge lies in that area
Best Wishes

Donna from Ontario, Canada

"Noreen's Knit*che" > wrote in message
Hi Group!
IF you knit AND crochet (with yarn), which do you PREFER?
Hugs,
Noreen

** Although crochet goes quicker, I PREFER to Knit.
Noreen**

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Allaya Diep
July 17th 03, 07:59 PM
It really depends on what's being made for me...I prefer the process of
knitting and the fabric it produces for garments/wearable items, but I think
crochet produces better looking lace (MHO).

I also like how fast crocheting goes...I'm just a sloooooooow knitter! :)

Allaya

"Noreen's Knit*che" > wrote in message
Hi Group!
IF you knit AND crochet (with yarn), which do you PREFER?
Hugs,
Noreen

** Although crochet goes quicker, I PREFER to Knit.
Noreen**

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Jo
July 17th 03, 10:33 PM
Well, right now I prefer crocheting as I'm just learning how to knit and it
goes much slower for me. I've been crocheting for almost 30 years now, so it's
much more familiar to me than knitting. However, the reason I'm trying to learn
to knit is because I like the way the knitted fabric comes out, like in
sweaters, hats, etc.

Jo

>Subject: Discussion Topic: Knit vs Crochet
>From: Noreen's Knit*che
>Date: 7/17/03 2:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>Hi Group!
>IF you knit AND crochet (with yarn), which do you PREFER?
>Hugs,
>Noreen
>
>** Although crochet goes quicker, I PREFER to Knit.
>Noreen**

Mischief
July 18th 03, 02:26 AM
I prefer to crochet because I do mostly afghans so they work up a lot
quicker crocheting than knitting.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.50 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Marie C
July 18th 03, 06:22 AM
(Laurie) wrote in message >...
> I prefer to crochet but I know that is because I'm much better at
> crocheting and am just learning to knit. I have resisted knitting up
> to now because it seemed boring while crochet had all these different
> kinds of stitches and I love all the texture a nubby crocheted item
> will give you. I don't really do lacy items with crochet tho. I like
> the heavy crocheted items with very few "holes." Nothing better than
> a soft, warm nap afghan that weighs a ton!
> ;-)
>
> Even now with two knitting projects in the works, I still have to have
> a couple crocheted items going to keep me entertained.
>
> Laurie
> Washougal, WA

I agree with all of the above LOL ! I end up doing more
crocheting because it just goes faster and so many people want me to
make them an afghan....lol.... I really like the way *knittng* looks
with hats, socks, sweaters, scarves. I knit and crochet both and have
a number of projects going all the time. A couple of things I would
like to really work on this year: using double pointed needles, cable
needles, knitting with beads (have crocheting with beads down and it
is fun).
Marie C.

NoraBalcer
July 18th 03, 03:22 PM
Hi Jo,

Well, just remember with your knitting if you ever have a question, come here
as we will help figure it out. I learned to knit mittens when I was 16 then
crocheting at age 25. Been doing both since, love knitting for sweaters etc.
and crochet for afghans and dolies.

Hugs,

Nora

Molvik Family
July 18th 03, 05:50 PM
Right now, Knitting. But it is new and exciting for me (been at it only
since January), as opposed to crocheting since 1991.

JJMolvik

spampot
July 19th 03, 03:27 PM
What Carol said.

Carol in TN wrote:
> I would agree with you. Crochet is quicker but knitting is more relaxing
> for me. Also, I prefer the knit fabric produced.
> Carol in TN
>
> "Noreen's Knit*che" > wrote in message
> Hi Group!
> IF you knit AND crochet (with yarn), which do you PREFER?
> Hugs,
> Noreen
>
> ** Although crochet goes quicker, I PREFER to Knit.
> Noreen**
>

> Noreen's Knit*che
> NATA #447
> (my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 20th 03, 08:46 PM
Ooooo Noreen i had to think think and can`t answer , i think it
deppends on the thread , the End goal of the work , etc,,,
mirjam

>"Noreen's Knit*che" > wrote in message
>Hi Group!
>IF you knit AND crochet (with yarn), which do you PREFER?
>Hugs,
>Noreen
>
>** Although crochet goes quicker, I PREFER to Knit.
>Noreen**
>
>I'm with you, Noreen. I love them both, but definitely prefer knitting
>to crocheting.
>
>The Other Kim

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 21st 03, 01:37 PM
| On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:10:27 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che > wrote:

>Hi Group!
>IF you knit AND crochet (with yarn), which do you PREFER?
>Hugs,
>Noreen
>
>** Although crochet goes quicker, I PREFER to Knit.
>Noreen**

For me knitting goes quicker. Of course that could have something to do
with the kind of thing I tend to use crochet for. I don't like it for
clothing, so I tend to use it for area rugs made from rags or 30-ply cotton
tobacco-baling cord, generally with a size P or S hook. Or sometimes a
smaller hook and yarn for purses, hats, and the like.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Sue Carlson Dunn
July 22nd 03, 10:33 AM
Well, if this question had been asked about a year ago (and ISTR it
was!) I'd have said knitting definitely (and I probably did), but over
the last year, thanks to all the wonderful links and lovely projects
that folks have posted, I've tried out a lot of crochet.

So now I have no preference when it comes to household articles such
as afghans, cushion covers and rugs, but definitely still prefer
knitting for clothing as the finished fabric just seems to feel nicer.
--
Sue CD...quietly unravelling in Cumbria...
Pot Luck Crafts www.howhill.com

Google