PDA

View Full Version : helpful hands , afghans and me

Coggie
July 16th 03, 03:04 PM
Hi all , sorry I have not been posting in a while . I am not ignoring
you all .
My dad came up from California and we spent a week together before he
went on to his 65th high school reunion in upstate New York . He will
be back here on the 25th and is driving a car he is leaving me so
hubby and I can have two now ( it is so nice to be spoiled ;))

I did not get a whole lot of stitching done while he was here. Then ,
The day he left we decided as it was 85 degrees and 90% humidity , to
head to the beach. We had a blast playing in the surf and sand with
the kids. Well , on coming home , I was trying to get everything from
the beach into the washing machine and I slipped and blew out my left
knee. Normally this would not be a problem , but I have artifical
knees. They are not supposed to blow out. I am up early this morning
to go have the knee drained and x-rayed. FUN FUN.

Needless to say , I have not been up to par on my knitting and crochet
in the last two weeks . I know I have lots that have to be mailed out
.. Afghan for Gee Gee is coming along , need hubby to stop after work
and grab another skien of black for that , Helpful Hands basket is
almost full , I need to finish the item I am making and will get it in
the mail soon . I thought the 1st box was mailed off ( those in the
know , know who this is to ) and I found it 2 days ago in the back of
my van ( when we went to the beach ) so I will have hubby mail that
after work too . Afghan # 2 is almost completed , I think I have only
to sew the strips together.
Sorry I have taken as long as I have , I will get them done asap.
Now off to the doctors ,
God Bless ,
Coggie

Els van Dam
July 16th 03, 11:38 PM
In article >,
(Coggie) wrote:
snip snip

Coggie that is not the way to go about it......"auch".......that must
hurt....lets hope you get back on your feet soon with the help of strong
knees.

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Coggie
July 22nd 03, 03:31 PM
Update :
I went to the Doctors last wednesday and she sent me off to an
orthopedic surgeon . Said it was too far gone for her to even look at
.. well I went to see the Surgeon yesterday and he wanted to operate
today. Seems I ripped all of the muscle from around my patella and 4
tendon are stretched beyond repair. They will have to go in and
unattach my muscle from my thigh and reattach it to the knee before
reattaching to my thigh bone. Also they are going to take the tendons
and put in place sorta like rubberbands , but they say these should
hold for at least 20 years. Along with this , they are going to scrape
my patella , I guess I have alot of arthritis build up under there. I
will be either wheelchair or crutches bound for at least 2 months
before they can begin physical thearpy.
I could not have the surgery today as my dad is coming into town on
friday and he flies out on Monday , plus this weekend is my son's 14th
Birthday. ( Hubby yelled saying I am putting others before me but you
all know how this goes).
I go in for pre op tomorrow and the surgery is at 7am on Tuesday the
29th, having to be at the hospital at 5am. I am unsure at this time if
it will be outpatient or if I will be in for a day or two.
Because of the pain medication I have been unable to knit or crochet
as I tend to fall asleep when I do sit still. I will finish up things
as I can .
God Bless ,
Coggie

NoraBalcer
July 22nd 03, 04:21 PM
Coggie,

Prayers are going your way, will be thinking of you on Tues.

Hugs,

Nora

Katherine Burgess
July 22nd 03, 04:44 PM
Good Lord, Coggie! That sounds awful! I tend to agree with you husband, but
I guess, as it is not life-threatening, it must be your decision. I will add
you to my prayers, especially this week.
Take care, my friend.
Katherine

Janise Ross
July 22nd 03, 06:10 PM
Coggie,

Sorry to hear about the surgery you are going to have. I hope you have
a quick and complete recovery.

Janise

Carol in TN
July 23rd 03, 12:19 PM
"Els van Dam" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (Coggie) wrote:
>
> > Update :
> > I went to the Doctors last wednesday and she sent me off to an
> > orthopedic surgeon . Said it was too far gone for her to even look at
> > . well I went to see the Surgeon yesterday and he wanted to operate
> > today. Seems I ripped all of the muscle from around my patella and 4
> > tendon are stretched beyond repair. They will have to go in and
> > unattach my muscle from my thigh and reattach it to the knee before
> > reattaching to my thigh bone. Also they are going to take the tendons
> > and put in place sorta like rubberbands , but they say these should
> > hold for at least 20 years. Along with this , they are going to scrape
> > my patella , I guess I have alot of arthritis build up under there. I
> > will be either wheelchair or crutches bound for at least 2 months
> > before they can begin physical thearpy.
> > I could not have the surgery today as my dad is coming into town on
> > friday and he flies out on Monday , plus this weekend is my son's 14th
> > Birthday. ( Hubby yelled saying I am putting others before me but you
> > all know how this goes).
> > I go in for pre op tomorrow and the surgery is at 7am on Tuesday the
> > 29th, having to be at the hospital at 5am. I am unsure at this time if
> > it will be outpatient or if I will be in for a day or two.
> > Because of the pain medication I have been unable to knit or crochet
> > as I tend to fall asleep when I do sit still. I will finish up things
> > as I can .
> > God Bless ,
> > Coggie
>
> Coggie, that does not sound very pleasant.....can understand that you want
> to have visit with your Dad and your son's birthday behind you first, but
> in the end you have to face the music....., things will pop up all the
> time when you a mom and a wife and a daughter.....read woman, so do not
> postpone to long.
>
> will be thinking of you, hang in there
>
> Els
>
> --
> delete doba to email me.....:=))

Coggie
Els is right. You need to take care of yourself and don't wait too long to
do it. Prayers will be said for you until this is over.
Carol in TN

Anna MCM
July 23rd 03, 12:47 PM
Coggie wrote:

> I could not have the surgery today as my dad is coming into town on
> friday and he flies out on Monday , plus this weekend is my son's 14th
> Birthday. ( Hubby yelled saying I am putting others before me but you
> all know how this goes).

Hubbies can be right (well, sometimes), isnīt it? :-)

> I go in for pre op tomorrow and the surgery is at 7am on Tuesday the
> 29th, having to be at the hospital at 5am. I am unsure at this time if
> it will be outpatient or if I will be in for a day or two.
> Because of the pain medication I have been unable to knit or crochet
> as I tend to fall asleep when I do sit still. I will finish up things
> as I can .

So sorry that I canīt be near you and help more. Hope my prayers will do
that.

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Sue Carlson Dunn
July 24th 03, 11:05 PM
"Coggie" > wrote in message
om...
> Update :
> I went to the Doctors last wednesday and she sent me off to an
> orthopedic surgeon .

8<gory details snipped... >8

> I go in for pre op tomorrow and the surgery is at 7am on Tuesday
the
> 29th, having to be at the hospital at 5am. I am unsure at this time
if
> it will be outpatient or if I will be in for a day or two.
> Because of the pain medication I have been unable to knit or crochet
> as I tend to fall asleep when I do sit still. I will finish up
things
> as I can .

Eeeee! That's a tough break (no pun intended!) you've got there
Coggie - healing thoughts going your way and every kind of good luck
for successful surgery and a trouble-free recovery.

--
Sue CD...quietly unravelling in Cumbria...
Pot Luck Crafts www.howhill.com

Norma
July 26th 03, 03:24 AM
Coggie, you take it slow and easy. I'll be thinking of you on Tues.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
"Coggie" > wrote in message
om...
> Update :
> I went to the Doctors last wednesday and she sent me off to an
> orthopedic surgeon . Said it was too far gone for her to even look at
> . well I went to see the Surgeon yesterday and he wanted to operate
> today. Seems I ripped all of the muscle from around my patella and 4
> tendon are stretched beyond repair. They will have to go in and
> unattach my muscle from my thigh and reattach it to the knee before
> reattaching to my thigh bone. Also they are going to take the tendons
> and put in place sorta like rubberbands , but they say these should
> hold for at least 20 years. Along with this , they are going to scrape
> my patella , I guess I have alot of arthritis build up under there. I
> will be either wheelchair or crutches bound for at least 2 months
> before they can begin physical thearpy.
> I could not have the surgery today as my dad is coming into town on
> friday and he flies out on Monday , plus this weekend is my son's 14th
> Birthday. ( Hubby yelled saying I am putting others before me but you
> all know how this goes).
> I go in for pre op tomorrow and the surgery is at 7am on Tuesday the
> 29th, having to be at the hospital at 5am. I am unsure at this time if
> it will be outpatient or if I will be in for a day or two.
> Because of the pain medication I have been unable to knit or crochet
> as I tend to fall asleep when I do sit still. I will finish up things
> as I can .
> God Bless ,
> Coggie

Google