PDA

View Full Version : Pattern suggestions

Karen
July 15th 03, 12:21 AM
Hi all,

I recently ordered some gorgeous Karabella Gossamer mohair with the idea of
making the triangular gossamer shawl that was on the website
(http://65.215.192.241/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Session_ID=3F133A65000C12E70000
140300000000&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KK200&Category_Code=KAR_GOSSAMER )

Unfortunately, I got the yarn (2 balls, which is all that was required), but
the pattern is out of stock -- I've been waitlisted for quite awhile, so I'm
not sure if / when I'll ever get it. I can't find a decent substitute
pattern. Any suggestions or substitute recommendations? The picture looks
so cool -- it doesn't look like just a plain garter stitch pattern.

Thx in advance for any ideas!

Melinda
July 15th 03, 04:19 PM
>Hi all,
>
>I recently ordered some gorgeous Karabella Gossamer mohair with the idea of
>making the triangular gossamer shawl that was on the website
>(http://65.215.192.241/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Session_ID=3F133A65000C12E70000
>140300000000&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KK200&Category_Code=KAR_GOSSAMER )
>
>Unfortunately, I got the yarn (2 balls, which is all that was required), but
>the pattern is out of stock -- I've been waitlisted for quite awhile, so I'm
>not sure if / when I'll ever get it. I can't find a decent substitute
>pattern. Any suggestions or substitute recommendations? The picture looks
>so cool -- it doesn't look like just a plain garter stitch pattern.
>
>Thx in advance for any ideas!

If you want a triangle pattern, just cast on three stitches and do a yarn over
the second stitch of every row - it's a garter stitch pattern - and just make
it as long as you like. And if you make it on a size 19 needle you will have
plenty of yarn and the shawl will be open and lacy.

Melinda
Solstice Moon Designs

Stella Fenley
July 15th 03, 06:47 PM
there is a pattern
http://www.heirloom-knitting.co.uk/offers/free_birds_eye_pattern.pdf
there is underline between free,birds,eye,pattern thats the reason why it
looks like space .
hope this will help.Stella
"Melinda" > wrote in message
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I recently ordered some gorgeous Karabella Gossamer mohair with the idea
of
> >making the triangular gossamer shawl that was on the website
>
>(http://65.215.192.241/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Session_ID=3F133A65000C12E7000
0
> >140300000000&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KK200&Category_Code=KAR_GOSSAMER )
> >
> >Unfortunately, I got the yarn (2 balls, which is all that was required),
but
> >the pattern is out of stock -- I've been waitlisted for quite awhile, so
I'm
> >not sure if / when I'll ever get it. I can't find a decent substitute
> >pattern. Any suggestions or substitute recommendations? The picture
looks
> >so cool -- it doesn't look like just a plain garter stitch pattern.
> >
> >Thx in advance for any ideas!
> >

> If you want a triangle pattern, just cast on three stitches and do a yarn
over
> the second stitch of every row - it's a garter stitch pattern - and just
make
> it as long as you like. And if you make it on a size 19 needle you will
have
> plenty of yarn and the shawl will be open and lacy.
>
> Melinda
> Solstice Moon Designs

Allaya Diep
July 16th 03, 07:03 AM
That Birdseye Lace is gorgeous! I was going to suggest that too! LOL

Anyway, there's a Trinity Stitch Shawl that's very pretty as well, although
it's not as holey as the the gossamer or Birdseye shawls. Here's the link
to the pattern:
http://www.cs.oswego.edu/~ebozak/knit/esb-patterns/shawl.html

and here's a link to the picture:
http://knitting.about.com/library/bltrinity.htm

There are also a couple on this website that might be nice too. I
particularly like the Creatures of the Sea shawl and the Peacock Feathers
Shawl.

http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/Shawls.html

Hope this helps!

Allaya

"Karen" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi all,
>
> I recently ordered some gorgeous Karabella Gossamer mohair with the idea
of
> making the triangular gossamer shawl that was on the website

(http://65.215.192.241/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Session_ID=3F133A65000C12E70000
> 140300000000&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KK200&Category_Code=KAR_GOSSAMER )
>
> Unfortunately, I got the yarn (2 balls, which is all that was required),
but
> the pattern is out of stock -- I've been waitlisted for quite awhile, so
I'm
> not sure if / when I'll ever get it. I can't find a decent substitute
> pattern. Any suggestions or substitute recommendations? The picture
looks
> so cool -- it doesn't look like just a plain garter stitch pattern.
>
> Thx in advance for any ideas!

Google