PDA

View Full Version : OT (sewing): Turning a Corner

webnutiam
July 11th 03, 07:40 PM
Teaching a friend to sew and her question is how to sew a corner.

This is how I do it. http://tinyurl.com/go7i

Any one have any other methods?

Glenna
Greater Toronto Area

SlinkyToy
July 11th 03, 10:07 PM
I generally go two stitches farther than I need to, backstitch two, turn,
then backstitch two stitches and proceed.

"webnutiam" > wrote in message
. ..
> Teaching a friend to sew and her question is how to sew a corner.
>
> This is how I do it. http://tinyurl.com/go7i
>
> Any one have any other methods?
>
> Glenna
> Greater Toronto Area

Allaya Diep
July 13th 03, 07:55 AM
I generally sew to my seam allowance and end with the needle in the fabric,
lift the foot, twirl the fabric around on the needle and continue. I don't
miter the corner like the link shows, but I do clip the cloth so it has a
straight edge like in the link.

Allaya

"webnutiam" > wrote in message
. ..
> Teaching a friend to sew and her question is how to sew a corner.
>
> This is how I do it. http://tinyurl.com/go7i
>
> Any one have any other methods?
>
> Glenna
> Greater Toronto Area