PDA

View Full Version : NEON yarn

Jo
July 9th 03, 11:23 PM
does there exist NEON yarn( for under blacklights) for broider machine.
Where can I find / buy it in Europe / US ?

Richard Eney
July 14th 03, 06:29 AM
In article >,
Jo > wrote:
>does there exist NEON yarn( for under blacklights) for broider machine.
>Where can I find / buy it in Europe / US ?

I've never heard of it, but I think if you test samples of different
fibers under black lights, you will find out what fibers glow and then
just look for yarn of those fibers. I think acrylics are more likely to
glow than any natural fibers, but I don't know which ones.

=Tamar

Marie C
July 16th 03, 01:29 AM
I looked all over the label, but didn't see any manufacturer listed.
Maybe you could e mail hearts strings and ask them, or ask if they may
know of a Canadian distributer.
Marie C.

"Trevor & Amber Ward" > wrote in message >...
> Who is the manufacturer? HeartStrings is in the U.S., and I wondered
> whether anyone knows of a Canadian retailer that carries it.
>
> Thanks,
> Amber
>
> "Marie C" > wrote in message
> om...
> > (NoraBalcer) wrote in message
> > > Is the NEON yarn you are looking for the same as glow in the dark. Marie
> on
> > > this group bought some and has made some granny squares using it.
> > >
> > > Nora
> >

> > This is the kind I bought, it's a cream colored nylon yarn that
> > glows in the dark. Holds it's glow for up to 4 hours after the lights
> > are off. My 16 year old has a black light in his bedroom, so I just
> > checked out the yarn - WOW !!! It has a fantastic, strong glow,
> > looks an eerie Halloweenish green color, very bright, awesome. You
> > can buy this yarn at http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com. The shop
> > owner was very quick with my order, it was across the country and in
> > my mailbox in 3 days!!!! The yarn is composed of many, many fine
> > fibers, loosely spun so it can be a bit fiddly to work with, just take
> > your time. I think you'll be very pleased wth it. The afghan I made
> > my future DIL is holding up very well, and washing doesn't affect the
> > glow.
> > Marie C.

Google