PDA

View Full Version : Re: New Pictures

July 7th 03, 10:35 PM
try posting this in rec.crafts.textiles.yarn as this group is very
knowledgeable and helpful.

Sue in Brampton... quilter, crocheter, and new to machine embroidery

In article >, says...
> Ann wrote:
> > I've added a few of my quilts here
> > http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky
> > My scanning/editing can use some work but thought I would share anyway.
> >
> > If anyone crochets I have posted a picture (unknown afghan) of an afghan my
> > Mom did. I would like to to find this pattern but don't know the name of
> > it. Would appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks
> >
> > Ann
>
> Wow!! I like both those quilts! But that Bargello is absolutely
> stunning!!
> I crochet, but don't know the name of the afghan pattern OTTOMH. I'll
> try to look in my books and see if I see it.

spampot
July 8th 03, 01:43 AM
That's exactly what it looks like to me; my grandmother did one of those
for each of her grandchildren. Unfortunately I don't have the pattern,
but I bet a google search on "crochet," "afghan," and "daisy" would
produce results.

Allaya Diep wrote:
> I can't see it very well, but that looks like a full daisy stitch to me.
> What do the rest of you think?
>
> Allaya
>
> > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>try posting this in rec.crafts.textiles.yarn as this group is very
>>knowledgeable and helpful.
>>
>>Sue in Brampton... quilter, crocheter, and new to machine embroidery

> anyway.

> afghan my

> of

>>>Wow!! I like both those quilts! But that Bargello is absolutely
>>>stunning!!
>>>I crochet, but don't know the name of the afghan pattern OTTOMH. I'll
>>>try to look in my books and see if I see it.

Allaya Diep
July 8th 03, 07:43 AM
I have a pattern for it...just wanted to make sure I'd be posting the right
one! ;)

Daisy Stitch (half daisy stitch can be achieved by working on one side only)

chain an uneven number of stitches.
1st row: sk 1st chain. draw one loop through each of the next 4 sts, YO
and draw through all 5 loops. Ch 1, draw 1 loop through the center of the
group just made.

2nd row: Ch 3, sk 1st chain, draw 1 loop through each of the next 2 sts and
1 loop through each of the first 2 horizontal stitches of the previous row,
YO and draw through 5 loops. Ch 1 and continue as with the first row.

The instructions are from a pretty old book, so I updated some of the
language. I made a scarf out of this stitch before, and it's not nearly as
intimidating as the instructions make it seem. :)

Allaya

"spampot" > wrote in message
> That's exactly what it looks like to me; my grandmother did one of those
> for each of her grandchildren. Unfortunately I don't have the pattern,
> but I bet a google search on "crochet," "afghan," and "daisy" would
> produce results.
>
> Allaya Diep wrote:
> > I can't see it very well, but that looks like a full daisy stitch to me.
> > What do the rest of you think?
> >
> > Allaya
> >
> > > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >
> >>try posting this in rec.crafts.textiles.yarn as this group is very
> >>knowledgeable and helpful.
> >>
> >>Sue in Brampton... quilter, crocheter, and new to machine embroidery
> >>
> >>In article >, says...

> > anyway.

> > afghan my

> > of

July 8th 03, 01:54 PM
[This followup was posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

just in case' <vbg>.

Ann in rctq... hope this helps you regarding the afghan picture you
posted. As I said... this group is so helpful... the same as quilters
I've known on-line and IRL (in real life).

Sue in Brampton... working on Jewel Box quilt for my local guild's
Community Projects group

In article <aHtOa.147199$Dr3.125217@fed1read02>,
says...
> I have a pattern for it...just wanted to make sure I'd be posting the right
> one! ;)
>
> Daisy Stitch (half daisy stitch can be achieved by working on one side only)
>
> chain an uneven number of stitches.
> 1st row: sk 1st chain. draw one loop through each of the next 4 sts, YO
> and draw through all 5 loops. Ch 1, draw 1 loop through the center of the
> group just made.
>
> 2nd row: Ch 3, sk 1st chain, draw 1 loop through each of the next 2 sts and
> 1 loop through each of the first 2 horizontal stitches of the previous row,
> YO and draw through 5 loops. Ch 1 and continue as with the first row.
>
> The instructions are from a pretty old book, so I updated some of the
> language. made a scarf out of this stitch before, and it's not nearly as
> intimidating as the instructions make it seem. :)
> > Allaya
>
> "spampot" > wrote ...
> > That's exactly what it looks like to me; my grandmother did one of those
> > for each of her grandchildren. Unfortunately I don't have the pattern,
> > but I bet a google search on "crochet," "afghan," and "daisy" would
> > produce results.
> >
> > Allaya Diep wrote:
> > > I can't see it very well, but that looks like a full daisy stitch to me.
> > > What do the rest of you think?
> > > Allaya

> >>Sue in Brampton... quilter, crocheter, and new to machine embroidery

July 8th 03, 02:03 PM
In article >,
says...
> Hi Allaya
> One of members had identified the pattern as Starburst.
> I'm not familiar with the daisy stitch though.
> > Ann
>
> "Allaya Diep" > wrote in message
> > I can't see it very well, but that looks like a full daisy stitch to me.
> > What do the rest of you think?
> > Allaya
> >
> > > wrote ...
> > > try posting this in rec.crafts.textiles.yarn as this group is very
> > > knowledgeable and helpful.
> > > Sue in Brampton... quilter, crocheter, and new to machine embroidery
> > >
> > > In article >, says...
I've added a few of my quilts here
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky
My scanning/editing can use some work but thought I would share
anyway.
If anyone crochets I have posted a picture (unknown afghan) of an
afghan my Mom did. I would like to to find this pattern but don't know
the name of it. Would appreciate it if someone could help me out.
Thanks
Ann

Google