PDA

View Full Version : Cher

Angelicsong
July 6th 03, 10:51 PM
Cher, I wasn't the one doing the searching - Eleanore was.

Once Eleanore made the accusation that Gem had gone to other groups looking
for money, I decided to look at the groups that Eleanore said that Gemini
was in asking for cash. I found NOTHING.

So lets get this straight -- I DID NOT MAKE THE ACCUSATIONS, I helped find
the truth and was thanked by others on the group - see below.

Melody (Angelicsong) 0:)

Thank you for making the search, Angelicsong, I was furious with Eleanor for
that dreadful accusation God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Thank you for taking the time to confirm what just about all of us know.
Gemini has never asked anyone for help here. She does what we all do
when things aren't going as we'd like them; she vents to friends. If
some people decide to do more than just send cyberhugs or be an ear for
her to vent into, that's up to them. Just about all of us have done
similar things; I went through a "year from Hell" starting in mid-1998,
and one of my other newsgroups heard all about it.

> Sorry Eleanore, for whatever reason you have for pulling this stunt,
it
> won't work here.

She may be confusing her with someone else, or just plain doesn't like
Gem for whatever reason and decided to be nasty in one of her home
groups. I'm really hoping it's a case of mistaken identity, 'cause I
have to wonder about people who just lash at someone in public because
they have a grudge.

And I think the timing here is a little funny, when we know that Gem
isn't here regularly right now...

The Other Kim

"Angelicsong" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> I've spent much of the evening going through the old deja/google archives
> and have seen nothing untoward about Gemini. There is also nothing about
> Gemini (Ruth) asking for money or giving a hard luck story to get money
from
> people.
>
> Sorry Eleanore, for whatever reason you have for pulling this stunt, it
> won't work here.

Cher
July 6th 03, 11:17 PM
Sorry Melody (Angelicsong) 0:)
I wasn't meant to have left that bit clipped, I was referring to your
answer to this Elenore who'd prompted you to write back, NO I wasn't
getting at you...at least I wasn't meant to be. I was alarmed that this
Elenore lady, had been horrid about our Gem, but pleased that you had
written in her defence..

Got that muddled up in my anger didn't I??? So Sorry ,I didn't mean it to
you...
Cheers....Cher

---

Jane
July 7th 03, 01:30 AM
> [...]
> from
> > people.
> >
> > Sorry Eleanore, for whatever reason you have for pulling this stunt, it
> > won't work here.

"Angelicsong" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Cher, I wasn't the one doing the searching - Eleanore was.
>
> Once Eleanore made the accusation that Gem had gone to other groups
looking
> for money, I decided to look at the groups that Eleanore said that Gemini
> was in asking for cash. I found NOTHING.

"Angelicsong" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Cher, I wasn't the one doing the searching - Eleanore was.
>
> Once Eleanore made the accusation that Gem had gone to other groups
looking
> for money, I decided to look at the groups that Eleanore said that Gemini

Eleanore didn't say that.

I, too, did some research and what I found was a personality (if you will)
VERY markedly different from what she presents to this group.

But as for this group, I have noticed that while she rarely comes right out
and asks for money (see URL below) her posture is consistently one of
supplication. A couple of quick quotes from some of her posts...

"I have
but when I used to have money to
spend and would walk into the mall where the bookstore I like to visit is
located,..."

"...because we don't own a chainsaw that
he can work with. We only have a couple of small hacksaws and when he
tried with them he got nowhere with all the ice coated branches....Ah
well... whatcha gonna do? We'll just have to wait until the ice melts,
and in the meanwhile pray that the tree doesn't shift anymore than it has
already. "

And the following post: http://tinyurl.com/g67k

I think that the people dumping all over Eleanore ought to realize that many
folks are put off by this sort of thing. Because it's NOT an occasional
post, it's been a constant pattern. There are many indirect ways to solicit
funds.

Jane

yarnsong
July 7th 03, 02:43 PM
WOW, I have just read the url you shared. This was something my server did
not download for me. This woman is doom and gloom all the time. It's so
funny, though.

I, too, am swamped with bills all the time. This is what's called life. It
creeps up on everyone. Things that happen to her, happen to others too. We
all have a sad story from time to time. But, I believe dirty laundry belongs
in your basement, not on bb's geared to yarns!

I firmly believe that one is the cause of their own destiny. I work to pay
my bills, not complain. I work on my feet for 8 - 10 hours a shift. I hurt
too when I come home. My mom in her factory job does the same. What about
this is new? Lots of people do. You do what you need to get by.

Madelaine
July 7th 03, 04:19 PM
Jane wrote:

> [...]
>
> "I have
> but when I used to have money to
> spend and would walk into the mall where the bookstore I like to visit is
> located,..."
>
> "...because we don't own a chainsaw that
> he can work with. We only have a couple of small hacksaws and when he
> tried with them he got nowhere with all the ice coated branches....Ah
> well... whatcha gonna do? We'll just have to wait until the ice melts,
> and in the meanwhile pray that the tree doesn't shift anymore than it has
> already. "
>
> And the following post: http://tinyurl.com/g67k
>
> I think that the people dumping all over Eleanore ought to realize that many
> folks are put off by this sort of thing. Because it's NOT an occasional
> post, it's been a constant pattern. There are many indirect ways to solicit

I do think that what Gemini goes through is what many poor people go
through--the constant juggling and worrying. She is just much less
self-censoring about expressing it. Personally, I have long been concerned
about her very detailed expressions of her life's challenges because I know very
well how judgmental people are about such things.

I don't think talking about a two-adult household where both people have lost
their jobs is "airing dirty laundry." I don't think that they did anything
particular to get laid off, and that it is just a matter of hard economic times
in that area.

If she talks about different things in another newsgroup, that seems like her
absolute right.

Her worst infraction is in being a tad annoying to some people, which is one I
don't think anyone is totally immune from.

I really hate to see this judgmental behavior in this newsgroup, which up to now
has been kind of a haven from judgement.

Madelaine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 8th 03, 06:31 AM
Madelaine i fully agree with you , Globalization and terrorism are
pulling the world down into bad economic times. If people can`t share
wuth us some of their sad times , what human beings are we ????
Great writers became great writers because they dared share the TRUTH
of life, Several years ago i saw an article in readers`digest that
said ,, "Hapiness is an invention of Holywood " maybe they were right
????
If writing to us relieved Gemini , than it was worth it ,,, nobody of
us knows what. I knew a woaman who lectured about Phylosophy , once i
asked her why she doesn`t teach ETHICS ,, she said;" Ethics was
writen by those who HAVE , to make those who HAVEN~T , not demand more
" think about this !!!!
we might think about this ,,,
Grown up people shouldn`t tell others waht to do in many areas , if
Gemini like to tlak about it , it is her right and i respect her
braveness in facin g life ,,,
mirjam

cathb
July 8th 03, 01:53 PM
wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I guess people are not allowed to
voice an opinion around here because if you don't agree with "the click",
you get picked on.

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 8th 03, 03:49 PM
| On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:53:13 -0400, "cathb" > wrote:

>wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I guess people are not allowed to
>voice an opinion around here because if you don't agree with "the click",
>you get picked on.

I'm quoting Cath, but, I don't mean this message to single out one person.
I'm weary of this whole topic, but I must say that I feel there's a wide
difference between disagreeing with the "click" and ad hominem attacks,
especially ones that commence after a person has announced her departure.

Jane's old suggestion of a free blog was a good one. I didn't see any
vicious attacks on her for that, just disagreement. Quite a few people
preferred to keep the Gemini updates where they felt they'd see them more
easily and their preference prevailed. Perhaps Jane got stronger messages
than I saw, since I did not read everything. If she did, I am sorry and
ashamed. I apologize as one who feels part of this news group.

I do remember a few hurt feelings from misunderstandings at first, starting
with Gemini's own reaction to the suggestion, but once the kindly intent
was made clear, the fur settled fairly well, or so I thought. That's
usually all we ask here; kindly intent. The suggestion didn't fly, but not
all good ideas end up in practice. A blog link in one's sig really would
not be a bad way to keep friends updated on off-topic issues. I might do
that myself, if I felt I had the time and energy to keep it updated. As it
is, I have forgotten how to update my website, I do it so rarely.

Whatever. Yes, the group defends its own, and that includes some lurkers
as well, when it perceives an attack. However, this does not mean you have
to agree with everything or leave. It is not "my way or the highway". I
think we should all feel free to disagree politely. Just speak your mind
extra politely, because this is a written medium, and you're cool. Joking
is tricky. Expressions and tone are lost. Smiley faces help but by now we
all know they are imperfect. Know that if you criticize with jeering words
and insults and the group will rally against you. This is generally a
polite koffee klatch of people who bring their fiber work along. Perhaps we
don't stick to our knitting as much as some would like, but we do stick
together when someone gets nasty. Opinions don't have to be nasty!

So, enough of that. Come on, everyone grab a cuppa, pull up your chair,
sit down and tell us what you're making!

Me. I'm working on my 4th top-down, rotated-raglan, summer top of the year.
I'm either stuck in a rut or on a roll, but I'm definitely having fun
playing with variations on the theme. Oh yes, and I'm still getting to know
my new 80-stitch sock machine. It's even crankier than my old 60-stitch,
but that could be because I'm crazy enough to be making the first pair of
real socks (rather than just tube knitting) out of mercerized cotton. Ah,
but it is such a lovely shade of purple, and so nice and thin for summer!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

NoraBalcer
July 8th 03, 04:23 PM
Helen,

Just finished my cup of coffee and read your note and agree with you. Now last
night I started another baby afghan using cotton yarn that I found that I love
using. The pattern is one that once you get going you hate to put it down. I
kept saying one more row that's it, well then I just had to do another one so
got six rows done on it.

Hugs,

Nora

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 8th 03, 08:02 PM
| On 08 Jul 2003 15:23:02 GMT, (NoraBalcer) wrote:

>Just finished my cup of coffee and read your note and agree with you. Now last
>night I started another baby afghan using cotton yarn that I found that I love
>using. The pattern is one that once you get going you hate to put it down. I
>kept saying one more row that's it, well then I just had to do another one so
>got six rows done on it.

But, which cotton yarn is it?? And which pattern? If it's that much fun, I
want to know!

BTW, the great spinning wheel winding experiment was a bust. Sigh. I think
I utterly ruined a pound of rayon boucle trying to wind it onto a cone with
the adapter gadget fitted onto the point of the spinning wheel. It's wound,
but it did that clever trick that rayon does of slipping up at the point of
the cone so now I'm not sure I can unwind it. The trick worked a bit better
with a skein of fine wool, but it's not that much less work than cranking
my jumbo ball winder and the result is a lot less even. Oh well.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 8th 03, 11:12 PM
| On 08 Jul 2003 19:24:21 GMT, (NoraBalcer) wrote:

>No thunderstorms here, want to send one my way, we could use the rain only had
>a thimble full yesterday.

We didn't get much more than that today, but had a good soaking yesterday.
I do sympathize. We had 2 years of drought before the weather decided to
make up for it this year. Ah, the vagaries of the jet stream!

>Now the cotton yarn I'm using si the cone of Peaches & Creme, 1lb cone of 4 ply
>cotton. The pattern is from the Bundle of Love website called Ruth's Stretchy
>Baby Afghan. www.bundlesoflove.org. I've made it before and the only thing I do
>is chain more stitches to make it a little bigger.
>If I'm not mistaken Anna Maria suggested that site a month ago.

Crochet, then. Not that I never crochet. I'll keep that in mind in case I
need a quickish baby gift. I like that Peaches & Creme stuff on cones, too.
So much easier that dealing with all those little balls.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Els van Dam
July 9th 03, 01:24 AM
In article >, "cathb" > wrote:

> wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I guess people are not allowed to
> voice an opinion around here because if you don't agree with "the click",
> you get picked on.

ahummmm I am getting into the swing of things here....you may have to
learn a bit of Dutch......we say in Holland:...." wie kaasts moet de ball
verwachten". OK hier is a translation who plays ball, can exspect for the
ball to return......did you realy think that in a group of people where we
are all friends, we would not defend those that are not here......

Looking at your post again though.....I can see stirring in the mud as
well....don't get you hands to dirty now....

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Els van Dam
July 9th 03, 04:54 AM
In article >,
(Els van Dam) wrote:

>Felting you can do while sitting out on the deck in
> freezer containers.
>
> Els

Ok Ok I am not felting while sitting in freezer containers......funny
though have to say it.....

els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 9th 03, 01:50 PM
| On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:54:08 -0700, (Els van Dam) wrote:

>>Felting you can do while sitting out on the deck in
>> freezer containers.
>>
>> Els
>
>Ok Ok I am not felting while sitting in freezer containers......funny
>though have to say it.....
>
>els

I figured you'd catch yourself on that, but I couldn't resist a little
tease, what with our hot weather.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Brian D
July 9th 03, 06:58 PM
Hi there Helen:

You couldn't have said all of that better.
I'm one of the people that tends to read most of the time, rather than
comment. Of course I have my opinions about all of the posts here as well
but I save them for my turn to talk at the dinner table. Sometimes my family
wants to know how old everyone is here <grin>!
Anyway, I am currently still working on my shades of blue afghan for my 14
yr old daughter. It's taking me a while to complete it with having a 19
month old around and all, but it's coming along. I've done a few more simple
minded crafts lately , a few suncatchers and now working on a "bead" type
craft that I ordered from Mary Maxim. The bead craft is one of those
seasonal decorations. I figure with the time and effort I have lately I
need to start on Christmas stuff already lol!
As always, sending everyone on the group best wishes for today and every day
ahead!

Donna from Ontario, Canada

"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" > wrote in message
> [...]
> together when someone gets nasty. Opinions don't have to be nasty!
>
> So, enough of that. Come on, everyone grab a cuppa, pull up your chair,
> sit down and tell us what you're making!
>
> Me. I'm working on my 4th top-down, rotated-raglan, summer top of the
year.
> I'm either stuck in a rut or on a roll, but I'm definitely having fun
> playing with variations on the theme. Oh yes, and I'm still getting to
know
> my new 80-stitch sock machine. It's even crankier than my old 60-stitch,
> but that could be because I'm crazy enough to be making the first pair of
> real socks (rather than just tube knitting) out of mercerized cotton. Ah,
> but it is such a lovely shade of purple, and so nice and thin for summer!
>

> Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
> Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA

July 9th 03, 07:35 PM
In article >, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> I saw recently that you wrote about doing some felting with children. I
> have never done any and woujld love to
>
> Would it be possible for you to instruct me from start to finish please???
>
> If it is too much work don't worry:))
>
> Ophelia

Ophelia, I have e-mailed you with all the instructions, let me know if you
got it

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Els van Dam
July 9th 03, 07:44 PM
In article >, Sonya Cirillo
> wrote:

> Els van Dam wrote:
> > In article >,
> > (Els van Dam) wrote:
> >

> >>Felting you can do while sitting out on the deck in
> >>freezer containers.
> >>
> >>Els
> >

> > Ok Ok I am not felting while sitting in freezer containers......funny
> > though have to say it.....
> >
> > els
> >
> I'm with you - they don't make a freezer container *big* enough for me
> to fit in, I could maybe get a foot in - will that do? :)
>
> Sonya

A toe maybe.......LOL,

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Els van Dam
July 9th 03, 07:50 PM

Dam) wrote:

> >Thanks for the invite Helen.....May I sit down on that empty chair next to
> >you.....
> >
> >I am in trying out felting alpaca as well as felting small piece of
> >different fibers. Felting you can do while sitting out on the deck in
> >freezer containers. There is an upcoming show in duncan called balck and
> >white....maybe it will become an item for that show.....there are lots of
> >empty chairs here, space for everyone, please come and join us and bring
> >creative, and possitive ideas and critiques.....
>

> Ooh, sitting in freezer containers sounds nice and cool! ;) But you must be
> quite tiny. My freezer containers are too small to get both hands into,
> much less sit in!
> So, how is the felting going? I've never done alpaca on purpose. I do have
> a sweater I made of black alpaca with white angora trim, but it's a
> pullover and too hot to wear. I really should cut it open and turn it into
> a cardigan. Trick will be to find or spin a matching yarn for the button
> band after all these years.

Helen how about I mail you out some white and some brown alpaca roving
enough for abotton band, that is the nice thing of alpaca all the natural
colours match very well together.

Els

Also your posting about sitting in the freezer container did not arrive
until this morning, after I caught my self. "big grin", sitting in freezer
containers. The Zip lock ones are not very big, barely big enough for a
couple of fingers to move around in.

Els

> Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
> Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
> http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Ophelia
July 9th 03, 08:00 PM
"Els van Dam" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
> > I saw recently that you wrote about doing some felting with children. I
> > have never done any and woujld love to
> >
> > Would it be possible for you to instruct me from start to finish
please???

> > If it is too much work don't worry:))
> >
> > Ophelia
>
> Ophelia, I have e-mailed you with all the instructions, let me know if you
> got it

Hi Els.. I have indeed received it and I wrote you a long letter and I must
have the email address wrong because I got a non delivery letter back:(((

I will try again

many many many thanks:)))))

O xx

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 11th 03, 09:05 AM
Good morning all, well had my second session with phsiotherapist , he
said he told me i can walk and work , but also told me to do less!!!
which i did bit not i didn`t lessen it enough ,, so i will slow down
for weekend.
And since you sll sat down for a nice chat i join you ,,, coffee in
one hand , and a mag i bought in Brusseles in the other ,,
Knip Mode , a sewing mag , shows also has some nice additions a
crochet bag , no pattern but it is understood that this is `The Look`,

Some neat cushion covers , real , embroidered [with little beach
scenes] jeans shorts, and a Crochet top with a rather open mesh ,,
By the way all the models were piles of rather big full hanging neck
`things` , big beads amulets small animal figurines , you name it !!!
never so much Load on ladies necks!!!
Burda has some neat trendy ideas , they advice you to make a Plait of
leather or other ,mterials and just sewit on your t shirts , and Skirt
hems ladies are Uneven , the less even the better
mirjam
wrote:

>> | On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:53:13 -0400, "cathb" > wrote:
>>
>> >wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I guess people are not allowed to
>> >voice an opinion around here because if you don't agree with "the click",
>> >you get picked on.
>> >

>> I'm quoting Cath, but, I don't mean this message to single out one person.
>> I'm weary of this whole topic, but I must say that I feel there's a wide
>> difference between disagreeing with the "click" and ad hominem attacks,
>> especially ones that commence after a person has announced her departure.
>

>snip snip
>

>> So, enough of that. Come on, everyone grab a cuppa, pull up your chair,
>> sit down and tell us what you're making!
>
>> Me. I'm working on my 4th top-down, rotated-raglan, summer top of the year.
>> I'm either stuck in a rut or on a roll, but I'm definitely having fun
>> playing with variations on the theme. Oh yes, and I'm still getting to know
>> my new 80-stitch sock machine. It's even crankier than my old 60-stitch,
>> but that could be because I'm crazy enough to be making the first pair of
>> real socks (rather than just tube knitting) out of mercerized cotton. Ah,
>> but it is such a lovely shade of purple, and so nice and thin for summer!
>

>> Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
>> Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
>> http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
>
>Thanks for the invite Helen.....May I sit down on that empty chair next to
>you.....
>
>I am in trying out felting alpaca as well as felting small piece of
>different fibers. Felting you can do while sitting out on the deck in
>freezer containers. There is an upcoming show in duncan called balck and
>white....maybe it will become an item for that show.....there are lots of
>empty chairs here, space for everyone, please come and join us and bring
>creative, and possitive ideas and critiques.....
>
>Els
>
>--
>delete doba to email me.....:=))

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 11th 03, 04:28 PM
| On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:58:52 -0400, "Brian D" > wrote:

>Hi there Helen:
>
>You couldn't have said all of that better.
>I'm one of the people that tends to read most of the time, rather than
>comment. Of course I have my opinions about all of the posts here as well
>but I save them for my turn to talk at the dinner table. Sometimes my family
>wants to know how old everyone is here <grin>!

Well, some of us are 50. ;)

>Anyway, I am currently still working on my shades of blue afghan for my 14
>yr old daughter. It's taking me a while to complete it with having a 19
>month old around and all, but it's coming along. I've done a few more simple
>minded crafts lately , a few suncatchers and now working on a "bead" type
>craft that I ordered from Mary Maxim. The bead craft is one of those
>seasonal decorations. I figure with the time and effort I have lately I
>need to start on Christmas stuff already lol!
>As always, sending everyone on the group best wishes for today and every day
>ahead!

I'm picturing a ripple afghan for some reason. Is it? Can't go wrong with
shades of blue! You're in good company starting holiday gifts now. There
was a lady in the local yarn shop on Wednesday buying yarn to knit kilt
hose as a holiday gift, and trying to find yarn for a Dr Who scarf, but
getting all the right colors in the same yarn is tricky these days.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Brian D
July 11th 03, 06:46 PM
Hi there Helen:

Yes, exactly right....it is a ripple afghan...knitted. I made a shades of
green one and have it on my couch, it turned out great!
Now I've been working on one here for my 14 yr old daughter, her room is
done in blue walls with yellow accessories. I'm just hoping to get it done
in time for the fall when the weather gets cooler.
And starting my Holiday things now is a must for me so I can be somewhat
organized.
<grin> I was kinda of joking about the age thing. I"m nearly 42 myself so
not much of a youngin. Our family just gets into many discussions at the
dinner table and often my "newsgroup" topics get some attention. I
personally think it's amazing and wonderful that we all can share so many
things here. I just wish I had more time to put some input into some
questions.
Wishing you and everyone else here all the best!

wrote:

> >Hi there Helen:
> >
> >You couldn't have said all of that better.
> >I'm one of the people that tends to read most of the time, rather than
> >comment. Of course I have my opinions about all of the posts here as
well
> >but I save them for my turn to talk at the dinner table. Sometimes my
family
> >wants to know how old everyone is here <grin>!
>
> Well, some of us are 50. ;)
>
> >Anyway, I am currently still working on my shades of blue afghan for my
14
> >yr old daughter. It's taking me a while to complete it with having a 19
> >month old around and all, but it's coming along. I've done a few more
simple
> >minded crafts lately , a few suncatchers and now working on a "bead" type
> >craft that I ordered from Mary Maxim. The bead craft is one of those
> >seasonal decorations. I figure with the time and effort I have lately I
> >need to start on Christmas stuff already lol!
> >As always, sending everyone on the group best wishes for today and every
day
> >ahead!
> >
> I'm picturing a ripple afghan for some reason. Is it? Can't go wrong with
> shades of blue! You're in good company starting holiday gifts now. There
> was a lady in the local yarn shop on Wednesday buying yarn to knit kilt
> hose as a holiday gift, and trying to find yarn for a Dr Who scarf, but
> getting all the right colors in the same yarn is tricky these days.
>

> Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
> Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
> http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 11th 03, 11:18 PM
| On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:46:42 -0400, "Brian D" > wrote:

>Hi there Helen:
>
>Yes, exactly right....it is a ripple afghan...knitted. I made a shades of
>green one and have it on my couch, it turned out great!

I love shaded ripples.

>Now I've been working on one here for my 14 yr old daughter, her room is
>done in blue walls with yellow accessories. I'm just hoping to get it done
>in time for the fall when the weather gets cooler.

No problem, with all of us cheering you on! ;)

>And starting my Holiday things now is a must for me so I can be somewhat
>organized.
><grin> I was kinda of joking about the age thing. I"m nearly 42 myself so
>not much of a youngin. Our family just gets into many discussions at the
>dinner table and often my "newsgroup" topics get some attention. I
>personally think it's amazing and wonderful that we all can share so many
>things here. I just wish I had more time to put some input into some
>questions.
>Wishing you and everyone else here all the best!

And the same to you!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Els van Dam
July 12th 03, 12:14 AM
In article >, "Brian D"
> wrote:

> Hi there Helen:
>
> Yes, exactly right....it is a ripple afghan...knitted. I made a shades of
> green one and have it on my couch, it turned out great!
> Now I've been working on one here for my 14 yr old daughter, her room is
> done in blue walls with yellow accessories. I'm just hoping to get it done
> in time for the fall when the weather gets cooler.
> And starting my Holiday things now is a must for me so I can be somewhat
> organized.
> <grin> I was kinda of joking about the age thing. I"m nearly 42 myself so
> not much of a youngin. Our family just gets into many discussions at the
> dinner table and often my "newsgroup" topics get some attention. I
> personally think it's amazing and wonderful that we all can share so many
> things here. I just wish I had more time to put some input into some
> questions.
> Wishing you and everyone else here all the best!
>

> Donna from Ontario, Canada

Ahummmmmm.......42 and 50 old.....where does that leave me....at
.......67.......LOL

Els

> "Helen "Halla" Fleischer" > wrote in message
> > | On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:58:52 -0400, "Brian D" >
> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi there Helen:
> > >
> > >You couldn't have said all of that better.
> > >I'm one of the people that tends to read most of the time, rather than
> > >comment. Of course I have my opinions about all of the posts here as
> well
> > >but I save them for my turn to talk at the dinner table. Sometimes my
> family
> > >wants to know how old everyone is here <grin>!
> >
> > Well, some of us are 50. ;)
> >
> > >Anyway, I am currently still working on my shades of blue afghan for my
> 14
> > >yr old daughter. It's taking me a while to complete it with having a 19
> > >month old around and all, but it's coming along. I've done a few more
> simple
> > >minded crafts lately , a few suncatchers and now working on a "bead" type
> > >craft that I ordered from Mary Maxim. The bead craft is one of those
> > >seasonal decorations. I figure with the time and effort I have lately I
> > >need to start on Christmas stuff already lol!
> > >As always, sending everyone on the group best wishes for today and every
> day
> > >ahead!
> > >
> > I'm picturing a ripple afghan for some reason. Is it? Can't go wrong with
> > shades of blue! You're in good company starting holiday gifts now. There
> > was a lady in the local yarn shop on Wednesday buying yarn to knit kilt
> > hose as a holiday gift, and trying to find yarn for a Dr Who scarf, but
> > getting all the right colors in the same yarn is tricky these days.
> >

> > Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
> > Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
> > http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Brian D
July 12th 03, 03:59 AM
Hi there Els:

After I hit the "send" I realised that I might offend someone with my "age"
comment.....<grin>. Nooooo, 67 is not old at all. After all as a lot of
people say....age is only a number...right?
Okay so I'm trying to weed my way out of this comment and probably putting
my foot further into my mouth to the point of nearly swallowing it...lol!
But jokingly here....I was a child who thought I had the oldest mother
around as she was 33 yrs old when i was born. All of my friends had "young"
parents. And here I am with a baby 19 months old and I was a month short of
40 yrs old when she was born. So, I'm sure she'll think I'm "ancient" lol!
Like my "mommy" says...it's pay back time lol!
Anyway, sorry got a bit OT there, just wanted to share.

Donna from Ontario, Canada

"Els van Dam" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Brian D"
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi there Helen:
> >
> > Yes, exactly right....it is a ripple afghan...knitted. I made a shades
of
> > green one and have it on my couch, it turned out great!
> > Now I've been working on one here for my 14 yr old daughter, her room is
> > done in blue walls with yellow accessories. I'm just hoping to get it
done
> > in time for the fall when the weather gets cooler.
> > And starting my Holiday things now is a must for me so I can be somewhat
> > organized.
> > <grin> I was kinda of joking about the age thing. I"m nearly 42 myself
so
> > not much of a youngin. Our family just gets into many discussions at the
> > dinner table and often my "newsgroup" topics get some attention. I
> > personally think it's amazing and wonderful that we all can share so
many
> > things here. I just wish I had more time to put some input into some
> > questions.
> > Wishing you and everyone else here all the best!
> >

> > Donna from Ontario, Canada
>

> Ahummmmmm.......42 and 50 old.....where does that leave me....at
> ......67.......LOL

> > well
> > family
> > >
> > > Well, some of us are 50. ;)

> > 14
> > simple
> > day
> > > >
> > > I'm picturing a ripple afghan for some reason. Is it? Can't go wrong
with
> > > shades of blue! You're in good company starting holiday gifts now.
There
> > > was a lady in the local yarn shop on Wednesday buying yarn to knit
kilt
> > > hose as a holiday gift, and trying to find yarn for a Dr Who scarf,
but
> > > getting all the right colors in the same yarn is tricky these days.
> > >

> > > Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
> > > Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
> > > http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
>
> --
> delete doba to email me.....:=))

Jane
July 12th 03, 12:34 PM
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" > wrote in message
> Jane I must say /write that i too tend to write some of my private
> experiences to this wonderful NG ,
> It is true that we ought to speak yarn, but somehow we also speak
> about life , I have GAINED some wonderful friends here, and i will go
> on sharing some of my life`s happenings . i think i sahre many Yarn
> things with you as well. so you can read my yarn posts and filter out
> my Life posts ,
> mirjam

And your posts are a delight, I read them first. The majority of your posts
are fiber-art related and I learn from them and am inspired by them. You
start new threads, you add to ongoing discussions.. And of course, from
time to time, personal experience enters in.My heart broke for you when you
read the names in the books and I felt privileged that your shared that
experience.

But personal experience, nay, personal woe, does not characterize all of
your posts. You seem to me to be a PERSON participating in a FIBER
DISCUSSION community.

I am wondering if those books will find themselves into a piece of your
wonderful art.

Regards,
Jane

Noreen's Knit*che
July 12th 03, 01:38 PM
In article >,
says...
<<carefully snipped>>

> But jokingly here....I was a child who thought I had the oldest mother
> around as she was 33 yrs old when i was born. All of my friends had "young"
> parents. And here I am with a baby 19 months old and I was a month short of
> 40 yrs old when she was born. So, I'm sure she'll think I'm "ancient" lol!
> Like my "mommy" says...it's pay back time lol!
> Anyway, sorry got a bit OT there, just wanted to share.
>

> Donna from Ontario, Canada
Donna,
I had to LOL... 'my' Mom was 31 when I was born, 33 when my sister was
born... and we thought we had the oldest parents too! (Dad was 35 and 37,
respectively)
Noreen
--
Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447

http://www.myegroups.com/
Group Code:
3258C1
Picot Page

Group Code:
32B6E6
Needles, Hooks, Shuttles and Bobbins.

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/picot-page
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eTat-eCrochet-eKnit-etc
http://messageboard466928.aimoo.com

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 12th 03, 04:01 PM
| On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:38:40 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che > wrote:

>I had to LOL... 'my' Mom was 31 when I was born, 33 when my sister was
>born... and we thought we had the oldest parents too! (Dad was 35 and 37,
>respectively)

Got you beat, then. My mother was 44 when I was born!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer
July 12th 03, 04:06 PM
| On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:05:17 GMT, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

>Good morning all, well had my second session with phsiotherapist , he
>said he told me i can walk and work , but also told me to do less!!!
>which i did bit not i didn`t lessen it enough ,, so i will slow down
>for weekend.

I can't imagine you slowing down. It can't be easy You seem such a dynamo!

>And since you sll sat down for a nice chat i join you ,,, coffee in
>one hand , and a mag i bought in Brusseles in the other ,,
>Knip Mode , a sewing mag , shows also has some nice additions a
>crochet bag , no pattern but it is understood that this is `The Look`,

I love finding inspirations like that. A picture or an idea is enough.
You do find such exotic magazines, or at least they seem that way from this
side of the world. I suppose some of my favorites seem exotic there.

>Some neat cushion covers , real , embroidered [with little beach
>scenes] jeans shorts, and a Crochet top with a rather open mesh ,,
>By the way all the models were piles of rather big full hanging neck
>`things` , big beads amulets small animal figurines , you name it !!!
>never so much Load on ladies necks!!!

Now that's a fad I'll take a pass on. I hate anything heavy round my neck.
Only way I could tolerate big things is if they're nearly weightless.

>Burda has some neat trendy ideas , they advice you to make a Plait of
>leather or other ,mterials and just sewit on your t shirts , and Skirt
>hems ladies are Uneven , the less even the better

Ooh, then my pointed hem cover-up should be just the thing!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 12th 03, 05:55 PM
Lady who doesn`t sign het note
Sorry i think this group never had clicks , so why start this at all ?

mirjam

>wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I guess people are not allowed to
>voice an opinion around here because if you don't agree with "the click",
>you get picked on.

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 12th 03, 05:55 PM
HEAR HEAR ELSJE !!!!
mirjam
0700, (Els van Dam) wrote:

>In article >, "cathb" > wrote:
>
>> wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I guess people are not allowed to
>> voice an opinion around here because if you don't agree with "the click",
>> you get picked on.
>
>ahummmm I am getting into the swing of things here....you may have to
>learn a bit of Dutch......we say in Holland:...." wie kaasts moet de ball
>verwachten". OK hier is a translation who plays ball, can exspect for the
>ball to return......did you realy think that in a group of people where we
>are all friends, we would not defend those that are not here......
>
>Looking at your post again though.....I can see stirring in the mud as
>well....don't get you hands to dirty now....
>
>Els
>
>--
>delete doba to email me.....:=))

Marie C
July 13th 03, 01:35 AM
"Helen \"Halla\" Fleischer" > wrote in message >...
> | On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:38:40 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che > wrote:
>
> >I had to LOL... 'my' Mom was 31 when I was born, 33 when my sister was
> >born... and we thought we had the oldest parents too! (Dad was 35 and 37,
> >respectively)
>
> Got you beat, then. My mother was 44 when I was born!
>

> Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
> Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
> http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

My grandmother was 46 when she gave birth to my dad, and grandpa
was 59 !! The family always called my dad the change of life baby.
Marie C.

Noreen's Knit*che
July 13th 03, 06:58 AM
In article >,
says...

> My grandmother was 46 when she gave birth to my dad, and grandpa
> was 59 !! The family always called my dad the change of life baby.
> Marie C.

Hey Marie, I just did the math, and MY gramma and grampa were 47 when my
mom came along....
LOL,
Hugs,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 13th 03, 08:29 PM
Donna welcome into motherhood !!!
there is no age limit only a meantal image ,,,,, Mazal tov
mirjam

>In article >,
says...
><<carefully snipped>>
>

>> But jokingly here....I was a child who thought I had the oldest mother
>> around as she was 33 yrs old when i was born. All of my friends had "young"
>> parents. And here I am with a baby 19 months old and I was a month short of
>> 40 yrs old when she was born. So, I'm sure she'll think I'm "ancient" lol!
>> Like my "mommy" says...it's pay back time lol!
>> Anyway, sorry got a bit OT there, just wanted to share.
>>

>> Donna from Ontario, Canada
>Donna,
>I had to LOL... 'my' Mom was 31 when I was born, 33 when my sister was
>born... and we thought we had the oldest parents too! (Dad was 35 and 37,
>respectively)
>Noreen
>--
>Noreen's Knit*che
>NATA #447
>(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts')
>
>http://www.myegroups.com/
>Group Code:
>3258C1
>Picot Page
>
>Group Code:
>32B6E6
>Needles, Hooks, Shuttles and Bobbins.
>

>http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/picot-page
>http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eTat-eCrochet-eKnit-etc
>http://messageboard466928.aimoo.com

Brian D
July 14th 03, 07:25 PM
Hi Sue:

Wow, hats off to you. I have to admit that I used to laugh at people that
told me my age would show with this baby. And, yes it has, I had a recovery
period after she was born as well. For this one it was an emergency
C-Section and that was a whole new thing for me. But despite the difficult
pregnancy, the surgery, the recovery and the age...I am really enjoying her.
She's such a happy lil ole gal from the minute her eyes open in the morning.
And our family just wouldn't know what to do without her in our home. She
has brought a lot to our home. And, thank goodness the teens adjusted very
well to her. They are proud to say they have a little sister.
One thing I really have put aside is my crafts though. I used to knit while
waiting for my other 2 , to come out of school or app'ts also. I'm not sure
why but I am really having difficulty in getting back into the swing of
things. Reading this newsgroup is great therapy for me though. I read what
other people are crafting and I find myself going offline and picking up my
knitting. It's taking me a long while to complete anything these days but
i'm getting there...slowly but surely lol!
Wishing you all the best!

Donna from Ontario Canada

"Sue Carlson Dunn" > wrote in message
> "Brian D" > wrote in message
> > I was a child who thought I had the oldest mother
> > around as she was 33 yrs old when i was born. All of my friends had
> "young"
> > parents. And here I am with a baby 19 months old and I was a month
> short of
> > 40 yrs old when she was born. So, I'm sure she'll think I'm
> "ancient" lol!
> > Like my "mommy" says...it's pay back time lol!
>
> You're a spring chicken, Donna! ;-)) I had my first at 42 and my
> second at 45 - when the second is 15 I'll be 60, and when he's 45 I'll
> be 90. A sobering thought, but apart from the time it took to recover
> from both births it's been worth every second so far. Some of the
> mums at small son's playgroup are actually young enough to be my
> daughters (note that I didn't put that the other way round - I'm old
> enough to be their mother ;-)).
>
> Just to add a note about yarn - I usually take a small project along
> when picking up from school, and most of the younger mums are
> fascinated by the appearance of socks, gloves, etc, seemingly before
> their very eyes. It's the older mums, aunts, and grandmas who come
> over and share their own crafting comments and experiences though.
> --
> Sue CD...quietly unravelling in Cumbria...
> Pot Luck Crafts www.howhill.com
> Sue's Project Pages www.howhill.com/projects
> Please take off your shoes to email me!

Els van Dam
July 15th 03, 11:02 PM
In article >, "Brian D"
> wrote:

snip snip

I'm not sure
> why but I am really having difficulty in getting back into the swing of
> things. Reading this newsgroup is great therapy for me though. I read what
> other people are crafting and I find myself going offline and picking up my
> knitting. It's taking me a long while to complete anything these days but
> i'm getting there...slowly but surely lol!
> Wishing you all the best!
>

> Donna from Ontario Canada

Hello Donna......don't be to hard on your self... it is not so strange
that you are not bouncing back quickly.....your a bit older (remember I
can say that.....with a big smile......I am 67....LOL), now. You are not
as elastic in mind and body as you where when your other kids were
born....so do not be to hard on your self....give it time...and in a
meantime, you sit and enjoy your little one, they grow up so fast, and
then there will be all that time again to be filled with crafts etc.

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Brian D
July 16th 03, 12:17 AM
Hi there:

Awww Els, that is exactly what my husband tells me daily, thanks for
reminding me too! And you're right, they grow soo fast, before I know it
she'll be off to school...school????...yikes! lol
Anyway, thanks for your kind words.

Donna from Ontario, Canada

"Els van Dam" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Brian D"
> > wrote:
>

> snip snip
>

> I'm not sure
> > why but I am really having difficulty in getting back into the swing of
> > things. Reading this newsgroup is great therapy for me though. I read
what
> > other people are crafting and I find myself going offline and picking up
my
> > knitting. It's taking me a long while to complete anything these days
but
> > i'm getting there...slowly but surely lol!
> > Wishing you all the best!
> >

> > Donna from Ontario Canada
> >

> Hello Donna......don't be to hard on your self... it is not so strange
> that you are not bouncing back quickly.....your a bit older (remember I
> can say that.....with a big smile......I am 67....LOL), now. You are not
> as elastic in mind and body as you where when your other kids were
> born....so do not be to hard on your self....give it time...and in a
> meantime, you sit and enjoy your little one, they grow up so fast, and
> then there will be all that time again to be filled with crafts etc.
>
> Els
>
> --
> delete doba to email me.....:=))

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 17th 03, 08:14 AM
Enjoy it Donna !!!
When i kids grew i used to take them to apark let them play in sand
and water and i knitted ,,, not much but some ,,, mirjam

>Hi there Nora:
>
>Yes, this group is indeed a great therapy, in so very many ways. Everyone
>needs therapy for different things and this group seems to cover them all.
>I make a point of spending atleast an hour, if not more on my crafts per day
>now. I have a sleeper baby...2 or so hours in the afternoon and atleast 11
>at night. I take my quiet time to do some crafts, so far so good.
>Wishing you all the best!
>
>Donna from Ontario, Canada
>

>"NoraBalcer" > wrote in message
>> Donna,
>>
>> See what great therapy we are and you are doing some crafting, that's what
>> counts.
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> Nora

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 18th 03, 08:45 PM
Donna You might consider meeting an other mother , who likes to knit
etc,, with a kid at a close age ,, [ met some very good friends this
way !!] and while the kids play you two could help each other ...
mirjam

JudyTurpin
July 23rd 03, 02:16 AM
<< Ahummmmmm.......42 and 50 old.....where does that leave me....at
.......67.......LOL

Els >>
That leaves you in my neighborhood -- we pre-war models still have lots of
style, though.
Judy

JCT

Els van Dam
July 23rd 03, 03:56 AM
In article >,
(JudyTurpin) wrote:

> << Ahummmmmm.......42 and 50 old.....where does that leave me....at
> ......67.......LOL
>
> Els >>
> That leaves you in my neighborhood -- we pre-war models still have lots of
> style, though.
> Judy
>
> JCT

oh yeah...and ooompf as well....