PDA

View Full Version : S.E.X. Caught on Film!

Allaya Diep
July 6th 03, 09:03 PM
Last month, my friends, Caryn, Crystal, and I went to the Yarn Lady bag sale
for Caryn's birthday. I'm not sure if any of you have ever been to this
sale (people tell me that customers fly in from all over), but it was
definitely an experience! Imagine large troughs filled to the top with
bagged yarn, all 50% off. It gets pretty crazy...this one woman lifted her
7 year-old daughter into one of the bins to help her search for yarn!

Anyway, through all the madness, we found ourselves some good yarn. I got
some really pretty green rayon/cotton yarn that I plan to use for the pretty
lace camisol in the current issue of Interweave Knits. Once the baby pops
out, that cami's going right on! :) I also got a nice wool/acrylic blend
for a cardigan that I want to re-do
(http://www.crafts-beautiful.com/projects/?view=view&ID=199). The one I
have is beginning to pill, which is driving me nuts, but everybody at the
sale swore to me that this blend would NOT pill, so we'll see just how
non-pilly it will be!

We all took our purchases up to the cash register line, and waited to check
out. My back was a bit sore from leaning over the bins for an hour, so as I
was talking to my friends, I leaned back, and wouldn't you know, *SNAP!*
One of the store owners snapped a picture of us standing there with all our
yarn! Check it out! We are all in the bottom picture (me in brown overalls
and a flannel): http://yarnlady.com/bagsale/whywhat.htm. AND I have a
disproportionately large belly! hahaha

Allaya

Els van Dam
July 6th 03, 10:14 PM
In article <jd%Na.146894$Dr3.110989@fed1read02>, "Allaya Diep"
> wrote:

> Last month, my friends, Caryn, Crystal, and I went to the Yarn Lady bag sale
> for Caryn's birthday. I'm not sure if any of you have ever been to this
> sale (people tell me that customers fly in from all over), but it was
> definitely an experience! Imagine large troughs filled to the top with
> bagged yarn, all 50% off. It gets pretty crazy...this one woman lifted her
> 7 year-old daughter into one of the bins to help her search for yarn!
snip snip.....
> Allaya

Allaya....only in California.....(smile)

I have never heard of this sale, but I have gone to a similar one in
Toronto that was held by the Textile museum. It was amazing. The line up
was around the parking lot and there was yarn books and also materials for
sale. It became so crowded in the tent they had setup, I had to get out.
Even so I came home with lovely sample books with upholstry samples for
machine quilting, magazines (some of which I shared with Darlene who
needed cheering up just before her surgery), and bags with yarn. It was
fun. So I take it Allaya you got lots of neat colours to knit with for the
new little one.....(smile)

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

NoraBalcer
July 7th 03, 06:52 PM
Allaya,

It's nice being able to put a face to the name. Thanks for sharing. Around here
I never find any great yarn sales like that.

Hugs,

Nora

Shillelagh
July 11th 03, 11:36 PM
"Allaya Diep" > wrote in message
(snip snip)

> We all took our purchases up to the cash register line, and waited to
check
> out. My back was a bit sore from leaning over the bins for an hour, so as
> was talking to my friends, I leaned back, and wouldn't you know, *SNAP!*
> One of the store owners snapped a picture of us standing there with all
our
> yarn! Check it out! We are all in the bottom picture (me in brown
overalls
> and a flannel): http://yarnlady.com/bagsale/whywhat.htm. AND I have a
> disproportionately large belly! hahaha
>
> Allaya

Tee hee! I see you!! I wish I could have gone to the sale. As if 12
totes and various bags full of yarn weren't enough - I want MORE!!! I hope
you enjoyed yourself.

Shelagh

Google