PDA

View Full Version : Re: yarn doily

Sue Carlson Dunn
July 5th 03, 12:00 PM
"Katherine Burgess" > wrote in message

> "Sue Carlson Dunn" wrote >
> > Someone (Katherine possibly?) posted a lovely saying quite a while
> > ago: "In America a hundred years is a long time, in Britain a
hundred
> > miles is a long way." It's true - well, the British bit anyway!
;-)))

> How odd that you posted this today, Sue. Keith and I went out for
dinner
> tonight, and we were discussing that very thing with our friends.
There are
> people here who are amazed that houses which are 200 years old are
still
> being lived in, while over your way, there are many much older! And
I have
> to drive 600 km on Sunday, just to get to the ferry so that I can
start my
> vacation!
> It's all relative, I guess.

Indeed, bits of my crumbling pile were built either in 1608 or 1613 -
no one's quite sure - certainly the plumbing dates from that era ;-))
And I'm always finding interesting fragments of pot and old chinaclay
pipes when digging the garden.
--
Sue CD...quietly unravelling in Cumbria...
Pot Luck Crafts www.howhill.com

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 9th 03, 05:55 AM
Sue you are a genious i never thought knitting my ex t shirts into
seed stich ,,, wow !!! i always made the
k1 wrap around needle 1, k1 wan 2, k1, w 3,k1 w2
k1 w1, than knit 5 till end than next row knit next row k5 , the k1
w1, etc.....
Ibut i mde this for summer shirts not for rugs ,,
by the way did you try knitting Bias ribbon ,, works great ,,
mirjam

Google