PDA

View Full Version : Re: UFO no more!

SlinkyToy
July 4th 03, 03:32 PM
I'm making the Aran pullover from 2Sticks&aString. Nothing complicated, and
now that I've got the body going in the round I have high hopes of finishing
the whole thing by summer's end. This is a challenge sweater. A friend and
I ended up with a sh*tload of the same yarn in our stashes, so we decided to
knit sweaters. We started in January after Roc Day, and we're supposed to
model at the next Roc day. Suzanne made about 8" of the back of her
Starmore pattern and then "misplaced" it. *snicker*

"Allaya Diep" > wrote in message
> That's great, Slinky!
>
> I have so many UFO's, I'm embarassed! For some reason, during my first
> trimester, I just lost the will to knit. Now that I'm in my second, I'm
at
> a strange "pheonix knitting" stage...meaning, I'll find a UFO and just
frog
> it because I think the yarn should be made into something else. I frogged
> an aran sweater project twice already because I kept changing my mind! :)
>
> Hopefully, my third trimester will be much more productive. :)
>
> Which sweater pattern are you working on for the sweater, or did you
design
> it yourself?
>
> Allaya
>
> "SlinkyToy" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > It isn't finished yet, but my Aran sweater is out of the UFO basket!
> >
> > I finished the second yoke yesterday and joined the front and back on
one
> > circular and am now working down the body. Going seems slow as I'm now
> > working twice as many stitches as I was, but I'm making progress
> > nonetheless. It actually looks like a sweater now!
> >
> > Speaking of which, I put it down in mid-round to grab the phone...

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 5th 03, 01:59 PM
Maybe we all need to have a GET RID OF AT LEAST ONE UFO month
I am anouncing my intention ,
1. finnish one embroidery and several clothes repairs ,,, by next 2
weeks
mirjam

NoraBalcer
July 5th 03, 02:52 PM
Mirjam,

I like that idea and will see what I can dig up to finish.

Hugs,

Nora

Ellen Mill
July 6th 03, 05:31 AM
In article >,
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen > wrote:
>Maybe we all need to have a GET RID OF AT LEAST ONE UFO month
>I am anouncing my intention ,
>1. finnish one embroidery and several clothes repairs ,,, by next 2
>weeks
>mirjam

Mirjam, what a great idea! I'm in. My intention is to finish knitting the
lace on the shawl I started three months ago because it would be
"fast". Now that I've announced it, I guess I have to do it, eh? Thanks
for a good idea, Mirjam.

Ellen

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen
July 6th 03, 10:46 AM
Good this will help me !!!! thank you for join ing me
mirjam '
rote:

>Mirjam,
>
>I like that idea and will see what I can dig up to finish.
>
>Hugs,
>
>Nora

Google