PDA

View Full Version : AD: A new look for Black Swamp Glassworks

Tink
July 14th 03, 05:10 AM
I've been working on my website (it's not live yet, so don't waste your time
by looking) and wanted to reflect my new look in my eBay Auctions. I'd love
to know what you think. There's only one auction up right now, though of
course my eBay Store has some things in it.

Not trying to drum up business here, just want some input on my new look...

http://tinyurl.com/gubu

I felt my auctions and store listings needed a facelift after eBay's layout
change anyway, so this seemed like as good a time as any to work on it.

Oh, and for those of you who follow my auctions, I'm no longer using "Tink"
in the titles: It's BSG for Black Swamp Glassworks. As I sell more and more
of my work, I realize that I need to find a style that not only pleases me,
but that fits well with the direction in which I want my work to go. I've
been dealing with a number of upscale galleries and musems lately, and feel
that it's time to "grow up" my business persona a bit.

So what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look...

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Tink
July 14th 03, 05:48 AM
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu! That's exactly what I was going for.

--

"vj" > wrote in message
> vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Tink"
> > :
>
> ]just want some input on my new look...
>
> VERY nice.
> clean, crisp, clear!
>

> -----------
> @vicki [SnuggleWench]
> (Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
> (Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
> -----------
> The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
> Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.

Deborah
July 14th 03, 05:52 AM
"Tink" > wrote in message

<snip>
> http://tinyurl.com/gubu
<snip>

> So what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look...

</snip>

Hi,
Wow, love the new look! I love the font faces you used - but I am a font
slut. lol

Good luck with the new site!

Best,
Deborah

Tink
July 14th 03, 05:57 AM
*chuckle* Yeah. I always say I'm a font ho'. LOL! Glad you like the look!
I'm eager to get the website changed to my satisfaction, too. I like working
on my site, but not as much as I used to. These days, it's just one more
thing that takes away from torch time.

Did you guys know that I had one of the first websites with pictures on it?
How old does that make ME???? In an internet-sense, I mean.

--

"Deborah" > wrote in message
> "Tink" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
> > http://tinyurl.com/gubu
> <snip>
>
> > So what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look...
>
> </snip>
>
> Hi,
> Wow, love the new look! I love the font faces you used - but I am a font
> slut. lol
>
> Good luck with the new site!
>
> Best,
> Deborah

Tink
July 14th 03, 06:13 AM
LOL! Yeah... I thought I needed something "swampier". More swampy?

Speaking of pirates, we're going all out this Halloween as far as decorating
the house and such. This is a tight-knit neighborhood, and the children do
still trick or treat, but at specific homes I hear. So the plan so far is to
get Macy a pirate costume:
http://tinyurl.com/gugw
....and to dress Prairieson up as a parrot.

We need to get out more.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com
NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

"Kathy N-V" > wrote in message
.com...
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 0:57:19 -0400, Tink wrote
> (in message >):
>

> > Did you guys know that I had one of the first websites with pictures on
it?
> > How old does that make ME???? In an internet-sense, I mean.
>
> Almost a fossil. ;-)
>
> BTW, I love the typeface you use to identify yourself (Black Swamp
> Glassworks), it looks like pirate writing.
>
> Arrr.. Shiver me timbers and give me some soup!
>
> Kathy N-V

Christina Peterson
July 14th 03, 06:14 AM
It worked!

Tina

"Tink" > wrote in message
> Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu! That's exactly what I was going for.
>
> --
> Tinkster
> www.imeltstuff.com
> NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks
>
> "vj" > wrote in message
> > vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Tink"
> > > :
> >
> > ]just want some input on my new look...
> >
> > VERY nice.
> > clean, crisp, clear!
> >

> > -----------
> > @vicki [SnuggleWench]
> > (Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
> > (Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
> > -----------
> > The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
> > Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.

Kandice Seeber
July 14th 03, 07:43 AM
Yeah, I hear you there!! I am working on mine as we speak. Takes forever
and ever. :) But has to be done!It's changing completely. The graphics
are so cool I could scream. Compliments of Deborah!! Just wait til you
see! (Not up yet - maybe in the morning).

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Tink" > wrote in message
> *chuckle* Yeah. I always say I'm a font ho'. LOL! Glad you like the look!
> I'm eager to get the website changed to my satisfaction, too. I like
working
> on my site, but not as much as I used to. These days, it's just one more
> thing that takes away from torch time.
>
> Did you guys know that I had one of the first websites with pictures on
it?
> How old does that make ME???? In an internet-sense, I mean.
>
> --
> Tinkster
> www.imeltstuff.com
> NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks
>
> "Deborah" > wrote in message
> > "Tink" > wrote in message
> >
> > <snip>
> > > http://tinyurl.com/gubu
> > <snip>
> >
> > > So what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look...
> >
> > </snip>
> >
> > Hi,
> > Wow, love the new look! I love the font faces you used - but I am a font
> > slut. lol
> >
> > Good luck with the new site!
> >
> > Best,
> > Deborah

Dr. Sooz
July 14th 03, 07:48 AM
That's not Halloween! That's the Caribbean! :-P

>Speaking of pirates, we're going all out this Halloween as far as decorating
>the house and such. This is a tight-knit neighborhood, and the children do
>still trick or treat, but at specific homes I hear. So the plan so far is to
>get Macy a pirate costume:
>http://tinyurl.com/gugw
>...and to dress Prairieson up as a parrot.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Tink
July 14th 03, 07:56 AM
I wonder why the middle image isn't showing up for you... Hmmm....

I think the third-person perspective is just a carryover from how I marketed
my work in another medium. It was kind of the standard. I'll be interested
to see what others think of the way it reads. I think that, all told, it's
pretty clear that I'm the maker and the seller.

I've found over the years that putting all my text in image form is the only
way I can be sure my formatting will stay the way I envision it, no matter
what kind of system or monitor someone is using to view it. It also allows
me to use exactly the fonts I want. And I DO so love fonts :-)

I added up the image sizes, and ALL four of them together total about 50K.
That's purty durn small :) If anyone has problems loading the page, please
let me know.

So you don't think the design is TOO subtle? I crave simplicity right now,
so I'm not in a position to decide. LOL!

Oh, and a big question I wanted to ask is this: Do you think that with
eBay's new format that it was ok that I didn't embed an additional copy of
the picture of the earrings in my listing? It seemed strange not to do it,
but it really seemed to me that it would be overkill. I don't think it's
needed. What do you guys think?

Thanks Kandice! I love your input!!!!

--

"Kandice Seeber" > wrote in message
> It's wonderful! Except I can't see the banner pic in the middle, where I
> think you are linking to your eBay store.
> Also, and this is totally a matter of personal preference, I am a bit
turned
> off when people refer to their items in the third person. It may also
> confuse some people - people might think it's not you selling your beads,
> but that someone else (a representative) is handing the auctions.
> The only other thing I might say something about is that all of your text
is
> embedded into images. This may cause slow downloads of your auctions for
> people with slower connections.
> The descriptions are wonderful, the layout is simple and clean, and of
> course the beads themselves are lovely. :) And I LOVE your name graphic -
> that's gorgeous!
>
> --
> Kandice Seeber
> Air & Earth Designs
> http://www.lampwork.net
> "Tink" > wrote in message
> > I've been working on my website (it's not live yet, so don't waste your
> time
> > by looking) and wanted to reflect my new look in my eBay Auctions. I'd
> love
> > to know what you think. There's only one auction up right now, though of
> > course my eBay Store has some things in it.
> >
> > Not trying to drum up business here, just want some input on my new
> look...
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/gubu
> >
> > I felt my auctions and store listings needed a facelift after eBay's
> layout
> > change anyway, so this seemed like as good a time as any to work on it.
> >
> > Oh, and for those of you who follow my auctions, I'm no longer using
> "Tink"
> > in the titles: It's BSG for Black Swamp Glassworks. As I sell more and
> more
> > of my work, I realize that I need to find a style that not only pleases
> me,
> > but that fits well with the direction in which I want my work to go.
I've
> > been dealing with a number of upscale galleries and musems lately, and
> feel
> > that it's time to "grow up" my business persona a bit.
> >
> > So what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look...
> >
> > --
> > Tinkster
> > www.imeltstuff.com
> > NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

Christina Peterson
July 14th 03, 08:15 AM
Good point, Kandice. I too like the bead creator to say (in essense) this
is what I did and I'm proud of it. There are resellers out there selling
what they import or parts of big lots they don't want, and you don't want to
be confused by them. Also people like Beaddolls who resell after a full
markup.

Tina

"Kandice Seeber" > wrote in message
> It's wonderful! Except I can't see the banner pic in the middle, where I
> think you are linking to your eBay store.
> Also, and this is totally a matter of personal preference, I am a bit
turned
> off when people refer to their items in the third person. It may also
> confuse some people - people might think it's not you selling your beads,
> but that someone else (a representative) is handing the auctions.
> The only other thing I might say something about is that all of your text
is
> embedded into images. This may cause slow downloads of your auctions for
> people with slower connections.
> The descriptions are wonderful, the layout is simple and clean, and of
> course the beads themselves are lovely. :) And I LOVE your name graphic -
> that's gorgeous!
>
> --
> Kandice Seeber
> Air & Earth Designs
> http://www.lampwork.net
> "Tink" > wrote in message
> > I've been working on my website (it's not live yet, so don't waste your
> time
> > by looking) and wanted to reflect my new look in my eBay Auctions. I'd
> love
> > to know what you think. There's only one auction up right now, though of
> > course my eBay Store has some things in it.
> >
> > Not trying to drum up business here, just want some input on my new
> look...
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/gubu
> >
> > I felt my auctions and store listings needed a facelift after eBay's
> layout
> > change anyway, so this seemed like as good a time as any to work on it.
> >
> > Oh, and for those of you who follow my auctions, I'm no longer using
> "Tink"
> > in the titles: It's BSG for Black Swamp Glassworks. As I sell more and
> more
> > of my work, I realize that I need to find a style that not only pleases
> me,
> > but that fits well with the direction in which I want my work to go.
I've
> > been dealing with a number of upscale galleries and musems lately, and
> feel
> > that it's time to "grow up" my business persona a bit.
> >
> > So what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look...
> >
> > --
> > Tinkster
> > www.imeltstuff.com
> > NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

Tink
July 14th 03, 02:53 PM
I took your advice and changed some things on my layout. I think I've got
everything covered. I made some graphic changes that I hope are pleasing and
not distracting.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com
NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

"Kandice Seeber" > wrote in message
et...
> :) I think simple is wonderful. I am simplifying my own website right
now.
> I hate eBay's new format, but I think your template looks fine with it.
:)
> I love fonts too! :)

Diana Curtis
July 14th 03, 03:23 PM
Count me in as one who also loves the font you chose. Its easy to read yet
elegant and artistic. Just right.
Diana, another font a holic

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Tink" > wrote in message
> I've been working on my website (it's not live yet, so don't waste your
time
> by looking) and wanted to reflect my new look in my eBay Auctions. I'd
love
> to know what you think. There's only one auction up right now, though of
> course my eBay Store has some things in it.
>
> Not trying to drum up business here, just want some input on my new
look...

> http://tinyurl.com/gubu
>
> I felt my auctions and store listings needed a facelift after eBay's
layout
> change anyway, so this seemed like as good a time as any to work on it.
>
> Oh, and for those of you who follow my auctions, I'm no longer using
"Tink"
> in the titles: It's BSG for Black Swamp Glassworks. As I sell more and
more
> of my work, I realize that I need to find a style that not only pleases
me,
> but that fits well with the direction in which I want my work to go. I've
> been dealing with a number of upscale galleries and musems lately, and
feel
> that it's time to "grow up" my business persona a bit.
>
> So what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look...
>
> --
> Tinkster
> www.imeltstuff.com
> NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

Dr. Sooz
July 14th 03, 06:18 PM
>> http://tinyurl.com/gubu

Cool! That font is killer!
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Dr. Sooz
July 14th 03, 06:22 PM
Fabulous! Over all!

>I took your advice and changed some things on my layout. I think I've got
>everything covered. I made some graphic changes that I hope are pleasing and
>not distracting.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Dr. Sooz
July 14th 03, 06:23 PM
Black Swamp looks and sounds piratical. You did it perfectly (fontwise), Tink.
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

laura
July 14th 03, 08:12 PM
"Tink" > wrote in message
> I've been working on my website (it's not live yet, so don't waste your
time
> by looking) and wanted to reflect my new look in my eBay Auctions. I'd
love
> to know what you think. There's only one auction up right now, though of
> course my eBay Store has some things in it.
>
> Not trying to drum up business here, just want some input on my new
look...

> http://tinyurl.com/gubu

It's a really nice look; I love the Papyrus font! Very elegant.

Laura

Kandice Seeber
July 15th 03, 12:53 AM
Arg! Pirates rock! (Having just seen Pirates of the Caribbean) :)

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Tink" > wrote in message
> Thanks, sweetie! *beaming* Toledo used to be smack in the middle of, you
> guessed it, a swamp. And not just ANY swamp: It was huge. It was black. It
> was... The Great Black Swamp! I'm not sure we had any pirates, but we
should
> have. It would have been cool. LOL!
>
> --
> Tinkster
> www.imeltstuff.com
> NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks
>
> "Dr. Sooz" > wrote in message
> > Black Swamp looks and sounds piratical. You did it perfectly
(fontwise),
> Tink.
> > ~~
> > Sooz
> > -------
> > ESBC
> > Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
> > http://airandearth.netfirms.com/soozlinkslist.html
> > One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
making
> > exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Kalera Stratton
July 15th 03, 01:09 AM
In article >,
"Tink" > wrote:

> I've been working on my website (it's not live yet, so don't waste your time
> by looking) and wanted to reflect my new look in my eBay Auctions. I'd love
> to know what you think. There's only one auction up right now, though of
> course my eBay Store has some things in it.
>
> Not trying to drum up business here, just want some input on my new look...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/gubu
>
> I felt my auctions and store listings needed a facelift after eBay's layout
> change anyway, so this seemed like as good a time as any to work on it.
>
> Oh, and for those of you who follow my auctions, I'm no longer using "Tink"
> in the titles: It's BSG for Black Swamp Glassworks. As I sell more and more
> of my work, I realize that I need to find a style that not only pleases me,
> but that fits well with the direction in which I want my work to go. I've
> been dealing with a number of upscale galleries and musems lately, and feel
> that it's time to "grow up" my business persona a bit.
>
> So what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look...

Wow, Tink, that looks fantastic!

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org

Helen Page
July 15th 03, 08:47 PM
Tink > wrote:

> Oh, and a big question I wanted to ask is this: Do you think that with
> eBay's new format that it was ok that I didn't embed an additional
> copy of the picture of the earrings in my listing? It seemed strange
> not to do it, but it really seemed to me that it would be overkill. I
> don't think it's needed. What do you guys think?

I prefer a picture of the item right next to the description so I can see
the features the seller is talking about without having to scroll to the pic
then back to the text and find my place, etc. I don't think it's overkill as
the pic at the top is only a thumbnail and I like a full size pic right next
to the description.

Dr. Sooz
July 15th 03, 09:23 PM
>I prefer a picture of the item right next to the description so I can see
>the features the seller is talking about without having to scroll to the pic
>then back to the text and find my place, etc. I don't think it's overkill as
>the pic at the top is only a thumbnail and I like a full size pic right next
>to the description.

Official me too post.
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

SmartAlecBlonde4
July 15th 03, 11:18 PM
>So the plan so far is to
>get Macy a pirate costume:

By the way, how is Macy doing?

Jo Jo

Deirdre S.
July 16th 03, 08:03 PM
Me, too. On both counts. Liking the new typeface and being a font
slut.

Deirdre

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:52:56 -0700, "Deborah"
> wrote:

>Hi,
>Wow, love the new look! I love the font faces you used - but I am a font
>slut. lol

KDK
July 17th 03, 12:49 AM
That's great to hear. While I don;t have a dog I have 2 kitties and they
are wonderful. Sigh.

Kathy K

"Tink" > wrote in message
> Macy is doing GREAT! She's a spectacular puppy! She sticks to me like
glue,
> and we have a wonderful time together. Of course, I get a lot less done
now
> that I have a baby in the house, but it is SO worth it! Macy and I thank
you
> for asking!
> --
> Tinkster
> www.imeltstuff.com
> NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks
>
> "SmartAlecBlonde4" > wrote in message
> > >So the plan so far is to
> > >get Macy a pirate costume:
> >
> > By the way, how is Macy doing?
> >
> > Jo Jo

Kandice Seeber
July 17th 03, 01:35 PM
Me too. :) Kitties are a different kind of wonderful. I love my dear
cats. I love dogs too, but the cats would kill any dog I invited in my
house. ;) Someday we will have a dog - puppies make my heart sing!!
Something about all that slobbery happy luv. :)

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"KDK" > wrote in message
> That's great to hear. While I don;t have a dog I have 2 kitties and they
> are wonderful. Sigh.
>
> Kathy K
>

> "Tink" > wrote in message
> > Macy is doing GREAT! She's a spectacular puppy! She sticks to me like
> glue,
> > and we have a wonderful time together. Of course, I get a lot less done
> now
> > that I have a baby in the house, but it is SO worth it! Macy and I thank
> you
> > for asking!
> > --
> > Tinkster
> > www.imeltstuff.com
> > NEW eBay Store: http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

> > > By the way, how is Macy doing?
> > >
> > > Jo Jo

Dr. Sooz
July 17th 03, 06:17 PM
>Someday we will have a dog - puppies make my heart sing!!
>Something about all that slobbery happy luv. :)

Don't get a Siberian husky. No slobbery love there! They're more like cats in
that area.
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Lynda Nelson
July 18th 03, 07:17 AM
How so??? How is a Siberian Husky like a cat?

Lynda

> Don't get a Siberian husky. No slobbery love there! They're more like cats in> that area.> ~~
> Sooz
> -------

Christina Peterson
July 18th 03, 08:30 AM
They have the imperious indifference of a cat. Not the usual fawning Fido.

Tina

"Lynda Nelson" > wrote in message
om...
> How so??? How is a Siberian Husky like a cat?
>
> Lynda
>

> > Don't get a Siberian husky. No slobbery love there! They're more like
cats in> that area.> ~~
> > Sooz
> > -------

Kandice Seeber
July 18th 03, 09:35 AM
Hehehe - when we do get a dog, it will likely be some sort of lab. I had
labs growing up and they were wonderful.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Dr. Sooz" > wrote in message
> >Someday we will have a dog - puppies make my heart sing!!
> >Something about all that slobbery happy luv. :)
>
> Don't get a Siberian husky. No slobbery love there! They're more like
cats in
> that area.
> ~~
> Sooz
> -------
> ESBC
> ~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
> http://airandearth.netfirms.com/soozlinkslist.html
> ~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
> http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Dr. Sooz
July 18th 03, 08:14 PM
>How so??? How is a Siberian Husky like a cat?

Everything I say below pertains to the dogs I've raised over the past 30 years,
and not the high-strung, over-bred Siberians some dogs are.

They are aloof and don't particularly care if you pet them or not. Unless they
decide to be petted. In fact, some don't like being petted, period (like
Mercury). Most people hate this and think they're impolite dogs. I realize
cats love to be petted -- but it's always on their terms, isn't it?

They are very difficult to train (though being dogs, you *can* train them).
They usually do quite well in class, but then you go home. Then they decide
that they want to do what they want to do, and unless you give them that
dried-liver treat, they ain't doing squat! See ya later.

They are independent to a fault.

They are extremely clean, and do not have any doggy odor.

They like to roam, and if let off-leash, they will go where they want, and may
not come back. There's more, but I forget it now. They are very catlike, and
very wolflike, and not at all doglike (if doglike is akin to a golden
retriever).
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Dr. Sooz
July 18th 03, 08:14 PM
>They have the imperious indifference of a cat. Not the usual fawning Fido.

Oh -- perfect!
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Christina Peterson
July 18th 03, 10:54 PM
I can't remember who was talking about her Queensland heeler. Said she did
so well in school, and learned to respect her collar. All this time I'm
thinking about our Stella, going, yup, mm hmm; and I bet she knows the
difference in weight of the collar, and all those boundaries just disappear
when she puts on her regular collar. And sure enough. There it was in the
next sentence.

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" > wrote in message
> >How so??? How is a Siberian Husky like a cat?
>
> Everything I say below pertains to the dogs I've raised over the past 30
years,
> and not the high-strung, over-bred Siberians some dogs are.
>
> They are aloof and don't particularly care if you pet them or not. Unless
they
> decide to be petted. In fact, some don't like being petted, period (like
> Mercury). Most people hate this and think they're impolite dogs. I
realize
> cats love to be petted -- but it's always on their terms, isn't it?
>
> They are very difficult to train (though being dogs, you *can* train
them).
> They usually do quite well in class, but then you go home. Then they
decide
> that they want to do what they want to do, and unless you give them that
> dried-liver treat, they ain't doing squat! See ya later.
>
> They are independent to a fault.
>
> They are extremely clean, and do not have any doggy odor.
>
> They like to roam, and if let off-leash, they will go where they want, and
may
> not come back. There's more, but I forget it now. They are very catlike,
and
> very wolflike, and not at all doglike (if doglike is akin to a golden
> retriever).
> ~~
> Sooz
> -------
> ESBC
> ~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
> http://airandearth.netfirms.com/soozlinkslist.html
> ~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
> http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Christina Peterson
July 18th 03, 10:54 PM
So how are you doing down south?

And do you bead weave, lampwork, string or what? Can't tell much from your
post or addie.

Tina
(with a yes so bad dawg in ak)

"Holier Than Thou" > wrote in message
.44...
> "Christina Peterson" > wrote in
>
> > They have the imperious indifference of a cat. Not the usual fawning
> > Fido.
>

> Not in my experience. They aren't the overly affectionate lug like a
> golden retreiever, but they are sociable and friendly animals, if
> opinionated.
>
> --
> BethF, Anchorage, AK

SmartAlecBlonde4
July 18th 03, 11:16 PM
>They are aloof and don't particularly care if you pet them or not. Unless
>they
>decide to be petted. In fact, some don't like being petted,

Definetly sounds like a cat. I've got one cat who wants to be petted all the
time and the other one, well, when she wants you to pet her, she'll let you
know. My dog Chelsea was a bit aloof, maybe reserved is a better word for her.
She was part chow and part I don't know what but was very good natured.

Jo Jo

Jo Jo

Google