PDA

View Full Version : Red Hat Society

Beads1947
July 13th 03, 11:59 PM
I just found out about a group called the Red Hat Society, women over 50, who
go out to lunch together wearing red hats and purple dresses (based on an
English poem about growing older). Now, wouldn't we look great that way with
our red hats, purple dresses and red and purple lampwork beads? Boggles the
mind! Also, this group does NOT do good works. LOL
Patti

Arondelle
July 14th 03, 12:58 AM
Beads1947 wrote:

> I just found out about a group called the Red Hat Society, women over 50, who
> go out to lunch together wearing red hats and purple dresses (based on an
> English poem about growing older). Now, wouldn't we look great that way with
> our red hats, purple dresses and red and purple lampwork beads? Boggles the
> mind! Also, this group does NOT do good works. LOL

Why not go right to the source:

http://www.elizabethlucasdesigns.com/shopdisplaycategories.asp

Elizabeth Lucas Designs has license to create tchochky featuring the poem "Warning" by Jenny Joseph, whose website is here:

http://www.wheniamanoldwoman.com/

Arondelle
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is
better than not to think at all." - Hypatia of Alexandria

"People who believe they have all the answers have stopped
asking questions." - Marx Stead of Canton, OH
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html
Shop my store: http://www.cafepress.com/arondelle

Beads1947
July 14th 03, 02:41 AM
> join a chapter up here in Boston, I
>was a pink hatter in NJ...a few more years until I can wear the coveted Red
>and Purple!!
>
>Lisa
>"Arondelle" > wrote in message

You mean you have to "work up" to wearing a red hat? How does that work?
Patti

Dr. Sooz
July 14th 03, 07:33 AM
That's eerie! We were just discussing this here on RCB......! Last week!

>I just found out about a group called the Red Hat Society, women over 50, who
>go out to lunch together wearing red hats and purple dresses (based on an
>English poem about growing older). Now, wouldn't we look great that way with
>our red hats, purple dresses and red and purple lampwork beads? Boggles the
>mind! Also, this group does NOT do good works. LOL
> Patti

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Dr. Sooz
July 14th 03, 07:34 AM
They strip you nude, right there and then.

>What happens if one is caught wearing a purple dress and red hat a few years
>to early?

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Diana Curtis
July 14th 03, 03:26 PM
Oh, then its worth the risk.
Ok.. thanks Sooz.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Dr. Sooz" > wrote in message
> They strip you nude, right there and then.
>
> >What happens if one is caught wearing a purple dress and red hat a few
years
> >to early?
>

> ~~
> Sooz
> -------
> ESBC
> Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
> http://airandearth.netfirms.com/soozlinkslist.html
> One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
> exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Karen_AZ
July 14th 03, 05:38 PM
I saw some of these ladies last spring down in Bisbee! (talk about crossed
threads LOL) I'll tell ya, some of them did NOT look even close to 50. But
they sure looked stunning in their dresses and hats! Something to aspire to.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Alison
July 14th 03, 08:15 PM
"Karen_AZ" > wrote in message
> I saw some of these ladies last spring down in Bisbee! (talk about crossed
> threads LOL) I'll tell ya, some of them did NOT look even close to 50. But
> they sure looked stunning in their dresses and hats! Something to aspire
to.

Well, the poem ends with something to the effect that she should start now,
so that people aren't too startled by the change when she gets old. For
that reason, I think there should not be an age limit placed on membership!
:-)

Tink
July 14th 03, 08:47 PM
Those are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you mind if I try
some sometime?

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> Now, wouldn't we look great that way with
> our red hats, purple dresses and red and purple lampwork beads? Boggles
the
> mind! Also, this group does NOT do good works. LOL
>

> Been there - done that
>
> http://www.dragonbeads.com/redhats.html
>
> have fun!
> Cheryl of <A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com"> DRAGON BEADS </A>
> Flameworked beads and glass
> http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Beads1947
July 14th 03, 10:25 PM
LOVE the red bonnets! They are SO cute.
Patti

Dr. Sooz
July 14th 03, 11:13 PM
>Frankly, if I wanted to wear a purple dress and a red hat to show my
>individuality, I certainly wouldn't join a society of women who wear red
>hats as a badge. Thus the Red Hat Society does the opposite of what it
>purports to do.

True. And -- it warns people what you're up to. I say approach it like a cat
burglar, then let 'em have it. ;-)
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Dr. Sooz
July 14th 03, 11:38 PM
But you gotta have at least one bead on your person at any given time. Or be
drummed out! :-P

>> Ok.. we can form our own society... The beaded ladies and gents who wear
>> whatever they damn well please, at any age and any time.
>> Diana

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Arondelle
July 15th 03, 12:37 AM
Dr. Sooz wrote:

> But you gotta have at least one bead on your person at any given time. Or be drummed out! :-P

Errr... But, what if I've swallowed one? Does that count?

Arondelle
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is
better than not to think at all." - Hypatia of Alexandria

"People who believe they have all the answers have stopped
asking questions." - Marx Stead of Canton, OH
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html
Shop my store: http://www.cafepress.com/arondelle

Dr. Sooz
July 15th 03, 01:23 AM
Oh gawd!!

>no. This, too shall pass.
>Diana

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Dr. Sooz
July 15th 03, 01:56 AM
>I'm putting you in charge of making sure everyone is well beaded...
>Frisking rights included.
>Diana

How about confiscating rights?
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Lee S. Billings
July 15th 03, 02:36 AM
In article >,
says...

>--
>http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
>"Arondelle" > wrote in message
>> Dr. Sooz wrote:
>>
>> > But you gotta have at least one bead on your person at any given time.
>Or be drummed out! :-P
>>
>> Errr... But, what if I've swallowed one? Does that count?
>>
>no. This, too shall pass.
>Diana

SPLORT!!!

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat
"Only the powers of evil claim that doing good is boring."

Diana Curtis
July 15th 03, 02:52 AM
no. This, too shall pass.
Diana

--
"Arondelle" > wrote in message
> Dr. Sooz wrote:
>
> > But you gotta have at least one bead on your person at any given time.
Or be drummed out! :-P

> Errr... But, what if I've swallowed one? Does that count?
>

> Arondelle
> --
> ================================================== =========
> "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is
> better than not to think at all." - Hypatia of Alexandria
>
> "People who believe they have all the answers have stopped
> asking questions." - Marx Stead of Canton, OH
> ================================================== =========
> Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
> Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html
> Shop my store: http://www.cafepress.com/arondelle

Diana Curtis
July 15th 03, 02:57 AM

"Dr. Sooz" > wrote in message
> But you gotta have at least one bead on your person at any given time. Or
be
> drummed out! :-P
>
> >> Ok.. we can form our own society... The beaded ladies and gents who
wear
> >> whatever they damn well please, at any age and any time.
> >> Diana
>

> ~~
> Sooz
> -------
> ESBC
> Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
> http://airandearth.netfirms.com/soozlinkslist.html
> One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
> exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Kandice Seeber
July 15th 03, 09:59 AM
<<<<groan>>>>

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Diana Curtis" > wrote in message
> no. This, too shall pass.
> Diana
>
> --
> http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
> "Arondelle" > wrote in message
> > Dr. Sooz wrote:
> >
> > > But you gotta have at least one bead on your person at any given time.
> Or be drummed out! :-P
> >
> > Errr... But, what if I've swallowed one? Does that count?
> >

> > Arondelle
> > --
> > ================================================== =========
> > "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is
> > better than not to think at all." - Hypatia of Alexandria
> >
> > "People who believe they have all the answers have stopped
> > asking questions." - Marx Stead of Canton, OH
> > ================================================== =========
> > Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
> > Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html
> > Shop my store: http://www.cafepress.com/arondelle

Kaytee
July 15th 03, 03:37 PM
In article >, "Helen Page"
> writes:

>I just found out about a group called the Red Hat Society, women over
50, who go out to lunch together wearing red hats and purple dresses

I got a "red hat" bead from Cheryl-- and made it up into a "Half Century B'day"
necklace last year....
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/simplexities

Dr. Sooz
July 15th 03, 08:34 PM
>grumble< Oh, okay...........

>sure! (do I get a kickback for landing you this cushy job?)
>Di

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Kaytee
July 16th 03, 02:41 AM
In article >, "Helen Page"
> writes:

>I just found out about a group called the Red Hat Society, women over
50, who go out to lunch together wearing red hats and purple dresses

I got a "red hat" bead from Cheryl-- and made it up into a "Half Century B'day"
necklace last year....
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com