PDA

View Full Version : Re: question: Finishing off loom work, and other beadweaving projects.

Christina Peterson
July 13th 03, 02:36 AM
For daisy chains, I string a "clam" end tip before (to the inside of) the
lasp bead, tie a knot around the last bead (sometime glue it), and close the
"clam" around the last bead and the knot. These clams are like two halves
of a ball/bead, with a hole in the "hinge" in between, and with a hook on
the end to close around a clasp.

Tina

"C. Gregory" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> i love to do loom work and brick stitch, also daisy chain, stringing and
> stuff like that, im just never sure how to finish it off and make it look
> nice and neat. I can manage earrings because its just a loop of beads, but
> what about when you want a braclet or neclace that you can clasp and un
> clasp? i know that if youre using wire you can use crimp beads, and its
ok,
> but i use thread.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Celeste

Dr. Sooz
July 13th 03, 05:46 PM
>A good glue, like E-6000 can attach the findings permanently and makes your
>work look much neater.

Or HypoCement, which is a million times easier to apply. Never Super Glue,
which will make the thread crack!
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

alia
July 14th 03, 12:47 AM
o my god are you kidding? i will never use it again. hypocement? i
cant beleive how stupid i feel now....

alia

Google