PDA

View Full Version : Any Feedback?

Juanita Floyd
July 10th 03, 11:39 AM
I'm a little curious. I posted an ad for my auctions which did include some
lampwork this time. Is anyone out there looking, or have I been missing
something? I guess I thought someone would scarf up the dichroic beads at
least. Are the prices too high???

At least I have a BIN customer for the poly stuff. Even if she waits 3 weeks to
pay. :0) Kind of throws me a curve. I thought BIN meant PAY for it NOW too.
Guess not. Oh well. Guess I'll be hauling stone for the driveway myself since I
won't be able to pay anyone at this rate.

Tootles,
Juanita

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/

May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Lori Greenberg
July 10th 03, 05:10 PM
Hi Juanita.

Have you tried a neutral background for your scans? I think the pattern
might be taking away from the detail of your beads and masking the sparkling
property of glass. I can't say about the prices because I don't know
dichro.

Just a thought.

--
Lori Greenberg
http://www.beadnerd.com

"Juanita Floyd" > wrote in message
> I'm a little curious. I posted an ad for my auctions which did include
some
> lampwork this time. Is anyone out there looking, or have I been missing
> something? I guess I thought someone would scarf up the dichroic beads at
> least. Are the prices too high???
>
> At least I have a BIN customer for the poly stuff. Even if she waits 3
weeks to
> pay. :0) Kind of throws me a curve. I thought BIN meant PAY for it NOW
too.
> Guess not. Oh well. Guess I'll be hauling stone for the driveway myself
since I
> won't be able to pay anyone at this rate.
>
> Tootles,
> Juanita
>
> http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/
>
> May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Juanita Floyd
July 10th 03, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the input folks. I had a neutral background and then everyone said
it was too plain. I used to have payment instructions on my auctions and people
said I had too many rules. So I guess the bottom line is you can't please any
of the people any of the time these days. I give up.

Adios,
Juanita

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/

May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Christina Peterson
July 11th 03, 01:43 AM
Juanita, I do have a few of your beads. They are well executed, and I like
them very much. They are also more than reasonably priced. My only problem
with your work is that the palette that comes naturally to you, is not a
good one for me. I don't think you should change though. I think you
should work with what you like best.

Also, it seems to me that you've changed your format because it downloads
faster now. I have had problems getting your auctions to download quickly,
since the pipe is not available to me. Is your text actually text or is it
a picture of text? I don't know why it takes so long to download.

Tina

"Juanita Floyd" > wrote in message
> I'm a little curious. I posted an ad for my auctions which did include
some
> lampwork this time. Is anyone out there looking, or have I been missing
> something? I guess I thought someone would scarf up the dichroic beads at
> least. Are the prices too high???
>
> At least I have a BIN customer for the poly stuff. Even if she waits 3
weeks to
> pay. :0) Kind of throws me a curve. I thought BIN meant PAY for it NOW
too.
> Guess not. Oh well. Guess I'll be hauling stone for the driveway myself
since I
> won't be able to pay anyone at this rate.
>
> Tootles,
> Juanita
>
> http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/
>
> May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Christina Peterson
July 11th 03, 01:46 AM
Come to think of it, the cermics and the bees would be ideal for e-stores.

Tina

"Kandice Seeber" > wrote in message
> Ick - 3 weeks?? Do you have a clause in your listings that gives a
payment
> due time? (Like I have 7 days, unless they email me first). I wouldn't
> accept 3 weeks, unless the item didn't sell in that time.
>
> As for your auctions, I always look when you post an ad - I am just not
> partial to dichro for some reason. Maybe it's because I can't work the
damn
> stuff without it getting scummy. Plus, it's easier for me to form an
> opinion on dichro if I can see it in person. Most pics of it just don't
do
> it justice.
>
> Your polymer clay is always nice though - some color combinations aren't
my
> thing however.
>
> Basically, if I really love something, I usually comment on it. If I
don't
> like something I usually don't comment, but sometimes I don't comment
> because I either miss the original post, or don't have time.
>
> ((((hugs)))) I wish you were getting better bids on your critter lampwork
> beads - I love the bees and the ladybugs. I wish you had the ability to
> keep doing those, but I know eBay is slow and sometimes you can't make
> enough money on them. And these days, I don't have the money to bid as
much
> as I'd like to.
>
> I also loved when you were listing your little ceramic containers. I have
> small collection of those and would love to add to it. Anyway - this is
> getting loooooong.
>
> --
> Kandice Seeber
> Air & Earth Designs
> http://www.lampwork.net
> "Juanita Floyd" > wrote in message
> > I'm a little curious. I posted an ad for my auctions which did include
> some
> > lampwork this time. Is anyone out there looking, or have I been missing
> > something? I guess I thought someone would scarf up the dichroic beads
at
> > least. Are the prices too high???
> >
> > At least I have a BIN customer for the poly stuff. Even if she waits 3
> weeks to
> > pay. :0) Kind of throws me a curve. I thought BIN meant PAY for it NOW
> too.
> > Guess not. Oh well. Guess I'll be hauling stone for the driveway myself
> since I
> > won't be able to pay anyone at this rate.
> >
> > Tootles,
> > Juanita
> >
> > http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/
> >
> > May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Helen Page
July 11th 03, 01:52 AM
Shelby > wrote:
> Juanita, I think your beads are very nice. I'm just not in the
> position
> to be buying beads right now!

Me neither unfortunately. We were saving money for a new bed after our old
mattress started pranging us in the bum! Then yesterday we got a quote for
renewing the insurance on the car and it has absolutely shot up - so now we
have to sell the car and get one that's cheaper to insure... (premiums are
ouchy when you're 22, had the misfortune to have a crash recently *and*
drive a 2litre Ford Granada (aka "The Tank"), so I gotta change the only one
of those factors I can...)

I do love your beads, and I think how you list them is great (especially
love the bigger pics lower down - I like being able to see every little
detail). Once I can afford it no doubt I will be buying plenty from you and
others on here...

marisa2
July 11th 03, 03:40 AM
Jaunita,

I guess I'm just agreeing with everyone else...

You know I love your stuff, but I haven't been able to sell anything I made
and am in fact selling off materials myself now. Based on what people have
said here and on how other sellers seemed to (not) be doing at the show I
was at a few weeks ago, I'm guessing it's not just me.

So, I guess we all have to wait until the economy picks up.... not that I
think you should stop making things! (I'm not...trying to come up with more
different ideas on how to make and sell stuff.)

Marisa2

"Juanita Floyd" > wrote in message
> I'm a little curious. I posted an ad for my auctions which did include
some
> lampwork this time. Is anyone out there looking, or have I been missing
> something? I guess I thought someone would scarf up the dichroic beads at
> least. Are the prices too high???
>
> At least I have a BIN customer for the poly stuff. Even if she waits 3
weeks to
> pay. :0) Kind of throws me a curve. I thought BIN meant PAY for it NOW
too.
> Guess not. Oh well. Guess I'll be hauling stone for the driveway myself
since I
> won't be able to pay anyone at this rate.
>
> Tootles,
> Juanita
>
> http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/
>
> May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Laurie
July 11th 03, 03:10 PM
>I also loved when you were listing your little ceramic containers.

I love my Bead Bucks jar, Juanita. No one else does them, or if they do, they
don't compare. I think that the suggestion of putting them (and the other
containers.. I know not everyone loves beads...at least there are two or three
people that don't) and the buggies in a store front is a good one. You can set
your prices where you want them, and you don't have to list and relist.

The Use of Foul Language in Written Communication: The Tiny Rumblings of the
Ineffectual and Stunted Thinker. The Inability to Think Beyond The Obivious and
The Crude. ~~~Henry A. Byrne

KDK
July 11th 03, 06:46 PM
Well I like the dichroic beads (especially the colors), but the
"free-formish" ones (non- smooth, wavy things - the 22mm and 26mm ones)
aren't my style.

Good-luck!!

Kathy K - who is still catching up on posts!

"Juanita Floyd" > wrote in message
> I'm a little curious. I posted an ad for my auctions which did include
some
> lampwork this time. Is anyone out there looking, or have I been missing
> something? I guess I thought someone would scarf up the dichroic beads at
> least. Are the prices too high???
>
> At least I have a BIN customer for the poly stuff. Even if she waits 3
weeks to
> pay. :0) Kind of throws me a curve. I thought BIN meant PAY for it NOW
too.
> Guess not. Oh well. Guess I'll be hauling stone for the driveway myself
since I
> won't be able to pay anyone at this rate.
>
> Tootles,
> Juanita
>
> http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/
>
> May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Harry
February 17th 04, 06:57 PM
On 10 Jul 2003 10:39:31 GMT, (Juanita Floyd) wrote:

>I'm a little curious. I posted an ad for my auctions which did include some
>lampwork this time. Is anyone out there looking, or have I been missing
>something? I guess I thought someone would scarf up the dichroic beads at
>least. Are the prices too high???
>
>At least I have a BIN customer for the poly stuff. Even if she waits 3 weeks to
>pay. :0) Kind of throws me a curve. I thought BIN meant PAY for it NOW too.
>Guess not. Oh well. Guess I'll be hauling stone for the driveway myself since I
>won't be able to pay anyone at this rate.
>
>Tootles,
>Juanita
>
>http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rvnsbrk/
>
>May fate bless us all according to our deeds.
<
ROFL... Look how far you have come in such a short while. :))
What a pleasure it is to have you as a friend!

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw

Google