PDA

View Full Version : I smell like chicken when I'm cooked and Sandblasted Beads!

Tink
July 7th 03, 02:48 PM
For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the torch
recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my finger
was flash-fried or something. Cooked several layers of flesh in much the
same manner as I cook pork chops: Hard as a rock. But it smelled like
chicken. LOL!

Anyway, that has kept me from the torch. The only time the finger hurts is
when I get it near heat, like the torch or hot water.

So to keep my easily bored little brain from glazing over, I tried
sandblasting last week! Ohmy! How cool is THAT??? I really need to get some
pics taken for you guys, but first I have auction beads to ship and stuff. I
won't even try to describe them, other than to say I will definitely be
doing more sandblasting.

The problem is that they are so labor intensive I don't know how I could
ever ask for them what they are worth in time alone.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

mkahogan
July 7th 03, 03:28 PM
So sorry about your burn. I missed that info the first time around.
How long before it heals?
KathyH
"Tink" > wrote in message
> For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the
torch
> recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my
finger
> was flash-fried or something. Cooked several layers of flesh in much the
> same manner as I cook pork chops: Hard as a rock. But it smelled like
> chicken. LOL!
>
> Anyway, that has kept me from the torch. The only time the finger hurts is
> when I get it near heat, like the torch or hot water.
>
> So to keep my easily bored little brain from glazing over, I tried
> sandblasting last week! Ohmy! How cool is THAT??? I really need to get
some
> pics taken for you guys, but first I have auction beads to ship and stuff.
> won't even try to describe them, other than to say I will definitely be
> doing more sandblasting.
>
> The problem is that they are so labor intensive I don't know how I could
> ever ask for them what they are worth in time alone.
>
> --
> Tinkster
> www.imeltstuff.com

Barbara Forbes-Lyons
July 7th 03, 05:07 PM
Silvadene is a miracle. I got a huge and horrible burn on my leg during my
freshman year of college and that stuff had just come out on the market. It
was a blessing!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeads:penguintrax

<0
/O\
<><>

"CLP" > wrote in message
> Wow that must be so painful. I burned my whole leg once, so I can relate,
> but not to the chicken stage! Do you still have a fingerprint? Did you get
> it looked at and are you using the miracle Silvadene cream?
>
> "Tink" > wrote in message
> > For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the
> torch
> > recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my
> finger
> > was flash-fried or something. Cooked several layers of flesh in much the
> > same manner as I cook pork chops: Hard as a rock. But it smelled like
> > chicken. LOL!
> >
> > Anyway, that has kept me from the torch. The only time the finger hurts
is
> > when I get it near heat, like the torch or hot water.
> >
> > So to keep my easily bored little brain from glazing over, I tried
> > sandblasting last week! Ohmy! How cool is THAT??? I really need to get
> some
> > pics taken for you guys, but first I have auction beads to ship and
stuff.
> > won't even try to describe them, other than to say I will definitely be
> > doing more sandblasting.
> >
> > The problem is that they are so labor intensive I don't know how I could
> > ever ask for them what they are worth in time alone.
> >
> > --
> > Tinkster
> > www.imeltstuff.com

Diana Curtis
July 7th 03, 05:27 PM
Oouch!!! (mommy type healing kisses)
I cant wait to see what your sandblasting is like! As to not knowing how to
ask as much as they are worth.. just DO it. You never know.. someone might
just pay what they are worth, especially if they are scrumtious and
unique...
(thats just a thought, I dont know about selling stuff.. but.. could it
hurt?)
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Tink" > wrote in message
> For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the
torch
> recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my
finger
> was flash-fried or something. Cooked several layers of flesh in much the
> same manner as I cook pork chops: Hard as a rock. But it smelled like
> chicken. LOL!
>
> Anyway, that has kept me from the torch. The only time the finger hurts is
> when I get it near heat, like the torch or hot water.
>
> So to keep my easily bored little brain from glazing over, I tried
> sandblasting last week! Ohmy! How cool is THAT??? I really need to get
some
> pics taken for you guys, but first I have auction beads to ship and stuff.
> won't even try to describe them, other than to say I will definitely be
> doing more sandblasting.
>
> The problem is that they are so labor intensive I don't know how I could
> ever ask for them what they are worth in time alone.
>
> --
> Tinkster
> www.imeltstuff.com

Tink
July 7th 03, 06:02 PM
No fingerprint. And a huge divot where the flesh used to be. My medicine of
choice has been puppy spit.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

"CLP" > wrote in message
> Wow that must be so painful. I burned my whole leg once, so I can relate,
> but not to the chicken stage! Do you still have a fingerprint? Did you get
> it looked at and are you using the miracle Silvadene cream?
>
> "Tink" > wrote in message
> > For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the
> torch
> > recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my
> finger
> > was flash-fried or something. Cooked several layers of flesh in much the
> > same manner as I cook pork chops: Hard as a rock. But it smelled like
> > chicken. LOL!
> >
> > Anyway, that has kept me from the torch. The only time the finger hurts
is
> > when I get it near heat, like the torch or hot water.
> >
> > So to keep my easily bored little brain from glazing over, I tried
> > sandblasting last week! Ohmy! How cool is THAT??? I really need to get
> some
> > pics taken for you guys, but first I have auction beads to ship and
stuff.
> > won't even try to describe them, other than to say I will definitely be
> > doing more sandblasting.
> >
> > The problem is that they are so labor intensive I don't know how I could
> > ever ask for them what they are worth in time alone.
> >
> > --
> > Tinkster
> > www.imeltstuff.com

Carol in SLC
July 7th 03, 06:33 PM
Ouch, Tink!!!! Sorry about your burn (I missed the original post). Hope it
heals really fast so you can get back at the torch soon (gotta make more beads
to sandblast, right?!!). Can't wait to see your new stuff!

Carol in SLC
See my new stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/mavisheart.jpg

Karen_AZ
July 7th 03, 06:38 PM
Take heart, Tink! I stuck my pinkie finger right into the flame a few years
ago. Same chicken smell, so deep there was no pain for 3 days. I used
Silvadene too, kept it dry as often as possible, and it healed beautifully.
Even got my fingerprints back after a few months. In the meantime, if you
can, pad the burn with gauze and cotton balls and it won't be so heat
sensitive when you torch.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Dr. Sooz
July 7th 03, 07:25 PM
Tink! Poor baby!!!! Come here and I'll kiss it and make it well.

>For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the torch
>recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my finger
>was flash-fried or something.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Cheryl
July 8th 03, 03:52 AM

>For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the torch
>recently. Ow.

ouch - poor Tink! Been there done that...
did you get some Silvadene from a doctor?

I've done myself a few times - most without incident - but -
- I had one like that ..(hit my arm with fully hot rod of boro... yeah - like
1400 degrees!) and thought all was well - and it went bad on me on the third
day.
WAtch it carefully.....

I think sandblasted beads can be very interesting - and of course you know
about Mickelson and how he uses it in his work - really amazing stuff....
sigh....

Cheryl of <A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com"> DRAGON BEADS </A>
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Tink
July 8th 03, 04:00 AM
The hand is healing remarkably well. To the point that I may be able to
torch tomorrow. Yay!

And yes... I figure if I'm gonna play with Robert Mickelsen, I'd best hone
some of my skills in preparation. And that includes learning to play with
boro. I have some clear Kimax, but my color selection sux. Can't even get
excited about trying it until I have some cool colors to play with. But boro
is SOOOOO confusing. What you see AIN'T what you get. And I don't even know
what brand is the most colorful. I like colorful :-)

I took some pics of my blasted beads tonight. They're not bad for a first
attempt.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

"Cheryl" > wrote in message

> >For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the
torch
> >recently. Ow.
>

> ouch - poor Tink! Been there done that...
> did you get some Silvadene from a doctor?
>
> I've done myself a few times - most without incident - but -
> - I had one like that ..(hit my arm with fully hot rod of boro... yeah -
like
> 1400 degrees!) and thought all was well - and it went bad on me on the
third
> day.
> WAtch it carefully.....
>
> I think sandblasted beads can be very interesting - and of course you know
> about Mickelson and how he uses it in his work - really amazing stuff....
> sigh....
>
> Cheryl of <A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com"> DRAGON BEADS </A>
> Flameworked beads and glass
> http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Dr. Sooz
July 8th 03, 06:42 AM
>and of course you know
>about Mickelson and how he uses it in his work - really amazing stuff....
>sigh....

Mickelsen, Robert A.: Mickelsen Studios
http://www.mickelsenstudios.com/
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Steve & Susan Wright
July 8th 03, 03:17 PM
Tink,
Here's a trick on burning yourself. It might not work on a severe burn but
it really works on most.
When you burn yourself from sticking your finger in the torch, picking up a
hot rod or a big glass jump, hold the burn next to the flame as close as you
can without hurting and doing further damage for 3 minutes. Your burn will
not get worse on the contrary it will not blister and it will not hurt, it
goes away. Steve has been doing this for 5+ years and it works. It will
not work on those burns where you cook your thumb by leaving it in a hot
torch to long but on those ones that blister normally.

Susan W

"Tink" > wrote in message
> For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the
torch
> recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my
finger
> was flash-fried or something. Cooked several layers of flesh in much the
> same manner as I cook pork chops: Hard as a rock. But it smelled like
> chicken. LOL!
>
> Anyway, that has kept me from the torch. The only time the finger hurts is
> when I get it near heat, like the torch or hot water.
>
> So to keep my easily bored little brain from glazing over, I tried
> sandblasting last week! Ohmy! How cool is THAT??? I really need to get
some
> pics taken for you guys, but first I have auction beads to ship and stuff.
> won't even try to describe them, other than to say I will definitely be
> doing more sandblasting.
>
> The problem is that they are so labor intensive I don't know how I could
> ever ask for them what they are worth in time alone.
>
> --
> Tinkster
> www.imeltstuff.com

Tink
July 8th 03, 03:22 PM
That's wild! I wonder why it works.... Louis?

--
Tinkster
New Auctions, including sandblasted glass: http://tinyurl.com/fpei

"Steve & Susan Wright" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> Tink,
> Here's a trick on burning yourself. It might not work on a severe burn
but
> it really works on most.
> When you burn yourself from sticking your finger in the torch, picking up
> hot rod or a big glass jump, hold the burn next to the flame as close as
you
> can without hurting and doing further damage for 3 minutes. Your burn
will
> not get worse on the contrary it will not blister and it will not hurt, it
> goes away. Steve has been doing this for 5+ years and it works. It will
> not work on those burns where you cook your thumb by leaving it in a hot
> torch to long but on those ones that blister normally.
>
> Susan W
>
> "Tink" > wrote in message
> > For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the
> torch
> > recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my
> finger
> > was flash-fried or something. Cooked several layers of flesh in much the
> > same manner as I cook pork chops: Hard as a rock. But it smelled like
> > chicken. LOL!
> >
> > Anyway, that has kept me from the torch. The only time the finger hurts
is
> > when I get it near heat, like the torch or hot water.
> >
> > So to keep my easily bored little brain from glazing over, I tried
> > sandblasting last week! Ohmy! How cool is THAT??? I really need to get
> some
> > pics taken for you guys, but first I have auction beads to ship and
stuff.
> > won't even try to describe them, other than to say I will definitely be
> > doing more sandblasting.
> >
> > The problem is that they are so labor intensive I don't know how I could
> > ever ask for them what they are worth in time alone.
> >
> > --
> > Tinkster
> > www.imeltstuff.com

Tink
July 8th 03, 09:44 PM
Thank you, Deirdre... And Prairieson makes sure I take good care of myself.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

"Deirdre S." > wrote in message
> I liked what I saw on Tink's auction pages... Lots of variation in
> texture, reflectivity, opacity/transparency. Subtle here, dramatic
> there.
>
> I echo the warning to watch the burn. They are insidious things,
> burns. And your hands are your artistic tools, so don't neglect them,
> please.
>

> Deirdre
>
> On 08 Jul 2003 02:52:21 GMT, (Cheryl) wrote:
>
> >I think sandblasted beads can be very interesting - and of course you
know
> >about Mickelson and how he uses it in his work - really amazing stuff....
> >sigh....

Kandice Seeber
July 8th 03, 11:02 PM
Oh, Tink, OUCH! You poor thing! (((((hugs))))) Glad you found the
sandblasting fun though.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Tink" > wrote in message
> For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the
torch
> recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my
finger
> was flash-fried or something. Cooked several layers of flesh in much the
> same manner as I cook pork chops: Hard as a rock. But it smelled like
> chicken. LOL!
>
> Anyway, that has kept me from the torch. The only time the finger hurts is
> when I get it near heat, like the torch or hot water.
>
> So to keep my easily bored little brain from glazing over, I tried
> sandblasting last week! Ohmy! How cool is THAT??? I really need to get
some
> pics taken for you guys, but first I have auction beads to ship and stuff.
> won't even try to describe them, other than to say I will definitely be
> doing more sandblasting.
>
> The problem is that they are so labor intensive I don't know how I could
> ever ask for them what they are worth in time alone.
>
> --
> Tinkster
> www.imeltstuff.com

Barbara Otterson
July 9th 03, 12:18 AM
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:02:23 GMT, "Kandice Seeber"
> wrote:

>Oh, Tink, OUCH! You poor thing! (((((hugs))))) Glad you found the
>sandblasting fun though.

I'm still giggling about smelling like chicken. I'm sorry about
the pain (really!), but I'm always burning myself. I have the
worst habit of trying to move a small part while I'm soldering
and burning off my fingernail because I forgot to pick
up the solder pick first. Fingernails don't smell like
chicken. My left thumb still has a tender place on it
from 2 months ago where I burned it like that. It just
got rock hard. Eventually it all peeled away. Now
it's very smooth. I didn't sniff it when it happened.
I wonder what I smell like cooked?
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

"Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what
you have not; remember that what you now have
was once among the things only hoped for."

Louis Cage
July 9th 03, 01:44 AM
I have heard of putting a burn next to the fire, but Steve is the first to
claim to have tried it.
Personally, I never had the guts.
Curtiss Brock (furnace glassblower) told me once that nerves need oxygen to
operate so a good thing to do with a burn (at least from a comfort level) is
to immerse it in cool tap water. I have done that on several occasions,
and it does seem to work.
I did stick my hand in the flame once. Cooked me pretty good. Kept it
clean and bandaged, but allow air to circulate. It healed just fine,
although there was a scary part when I thought I was going to need skin
grafts.
Burns do get infected easily. Make sure to keep it clean and change the
bandages often.

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques
"Tink" > wrote in message
> That's wild! I wonder why it works.... Louis?
>
> --
> Tinkster
> New Auctions, including sandblasted glass: http://tinyurl.com/fpei
> www.imeltstuff.com
>

> "Steve & Susan Wright" > wrote in message
> thlink.net...
> > Tink,
> > Here's a trick on burning yourself. It might not work on a severe burn
> but
> > it really works on most.
> > When you burn yourself from sticking your finger in the torch, picking
up
> > hot rod or a big glass jump, hold the burn next to the flame as close as
> you
> > can without hurting and doing further damage for 3 minutes. Your burn
> will
> > not get worse on the contrary it will not blister and it will not hurt,
it
> > goes away. Steve has been doing this for 5+ years and it works. It
will
> > not work on those burns where you cook your thumb by leaving it in a hot
> > torch to long but on those ones that blister normally.
> >
> > Susan W
> >
> > "Tink" > wrote in message
> > > For those of you who didn't know, I burned myself pretty badly on the
> > torch
> > > recently. Ow. It was so bad that it didn't even blister. It's like my
> > finger
> > > was flash-fried or something. Cooked several layers of flesh in much
the
> > > same manner as I cook pork chops: Hard as a rock. But it smelled like
> > > chicken. LOL!
> > >
> > > Anyway, that has kept me from the torch. The only time the finger
hurts
> is
> > > when I get it near heat, like the torch or hot water.
> > >
> > > So to keep my easily bored little brain from glazing over, I tried
> > > sandblasting last week! Ohmy! How cool is THAT??? I really need to get
> > some
> > > pics taken for you guys, but first I have auction beads to ship and
> stuff.
> > > won't even try to describe them, other than to say I will definitely
be
> > > doing more sandblasting.
> > >
> > > The problem is that they are so labor intensive I don't know how I
could
> > > ever ask for them what they are worth in time alone.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Tinkster
> > > www.imeltstuff.com

Steve & Susan Wright
July 9th 03, 01:43 PM
I've done it with cooking burns from grease by holding my hand near the
burner and it worked but is so much more difficult that next to a torch. I
tried it with a iron burn on my tummy and I couldn't hold the iron up that
long or that close without going spastic. If I weren't so spastic I
wouldn't have run the iron into my tummy in the first place. I stay away
from the torch because of that.

I've seen Steve do it hundreds of time over the last 8 years and it really
works! Heard of it from a blacksmith.

Susan W

"Louis Cage" > wrote in message
.. .
> I have heard of putting a burn next to the fire, but Steve is the first to
> claim to have tried it.
> Personally, I never had the guts.
> Curtiss Brock (furnace glassblower) told me once that nerves need oxygen
> operate so a good thing to do with a burn (at least from a comfort level)
is
> to immerse it in cool tap water. I have done that on several occasions,
> and it does seem to work.
> I did stick my hand in the flame once. Cooked me pretty good. Kept it
> clean and bandaged, but allow air to circulate. It healed just fine,
> although there was a scary part when I thought I was going to need skin
> grafts.
> Burns do get infected easily. Make sure to keep it clean and change the
> bandages often.
>
> --
> There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques
> "Tink" > wrote in message
> > That's wild! I wonder why it works.... Louis?
> >
> > --
> > Tinkster
> > New Auctions, including sandblasted glass: http://tinyurl.com/fpei
> > www.imeltstuff.com
> >

> > "Steve & Susan Wright" > wrote in message
> > thlink.net...
> > > Tink,
> > > Here's a trick on burning yourself. It might not work on a severe
burn
> > but
> > > it really works on most.
> > > When you burn yourself from sticking your finger in the torch, picking
> up
> > > hot rod or a big glass jump, hold the burn next to the flame as close
as
> > you
> > > can without hurting and doing further damage for 3 minutes. Your burn
> > will
> > > not get worse on the contrary it will not blister and it will not
hurt,
> it
> > > goes away. Steve has been doing this for 5+ years and it works. It
> will
> > > not work on those burns where you cook your thumb by leaving it in a
hot
> > > torch to long but on those ones that blister normally.
> > >
> > > Susan W

> > > torch
> > > finger
> the

> hurts
> > is

> > > some
> > stuff.
> be

> could

Barbara Otterson
July 10th 03, 03:35 AM
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:44:46 -0500, "Louis Cage" >
wrote:

>Curtiss Brock (furnace glassblower) told me once that nerves need oxygen to
>operate so a good thing to do with a burn (at least from a comfort level) is
>to immerse it in cool tap water. I have done that on several occasions,
>and it does seem to work.

That is always the first thing I do with a major
burn, find something large enough to immerse
the body part in and fill it with water and a
little ice. Then I keep the burned part in it
for an hour or two. By the time I take it out,
the worst is usually over. (depending on
the burn or course....). Unless I'm working,
of course, then I might forget to soak it until
I finish whatever has riveted my attention to
the point where I wasn't feeling the pain.
Then it all catches up much too quickly.
I also keep a large, healthy aloe plant
on a shelf in my laundry room. After the
burn has been appropriately soaked, I
cut off a leaf section and slit it open.
Then I tape it to the burn, juicy side
against the skin. The burns always
heal quickly and never get infected.
(knock on wood)
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

"Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what
you have not; remember that what you now have
was once among the things only hoped for."

Dr. Sooz
July 10th 03, 03:39 AM
What Cheryl said! Jesus H. Christ!!

>I really WISH people WOULD NOT POST THIS ADVICE
>it is NOT GOOD ADVICE - and it is DANGEROUS..
>
>the only reason it quits hurting is you are burning it more until the NERVE
>ENDINGS DIE...
>you aren't making it any better!
>
>stop doing this!
>Cheryl of DRAGON BEADS
>
>Here's a trick on burning yourself. It might not work on a severe burn but
>it really works on most.
>When you burn yourself from sticking your finger in the torch, picking up a
>hot rod or a big glass jump, hold the burn next to the flame as close as you
>can without hurting and doing further damage for 3 minutes. >>>>

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Steve & Susan Wright
July 10th 03, 01:07 PM
I will say that you don't have a blister and you don't have pain and it
works fine as long as you don't hold it so close as to cause more damage.
As you notice I said without doing further damage.
Susan W

"Cheryl" > wrote in message

> Here's a trick on burning yourself. It might not work on a severe burn
but
> it really works on most.
> When you burn yourself from sticking your finger in the torch, picking up
> hot rod or a big glass jump, hold the burn next to the flame as close as
you
> can without hurting and doing further damage for 3 minutes. >>>>
>
> I really WISH people WOULD NOT POST THIS ADVICE
> it is NOT GOOD ADVICE - and it is DANGEROUS..
>
> the only reason it quits hurting is you are burning it more until the
NERVE
> ENDINGS DIE...
> you aren't making it any better!
>
> stop doing this!
> Cheryl of <A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com"> DRAGON BEADS </A>
> Flameworked beads and glass
> http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Dr. Sooz
July 10th 03, 04:37 PM
Yes. Cold water. It stops the flesh from cooking. You need to do this or you
get a worse burn, sometimes going from one stage to another, even! ! ! ! !
But no ice. Ice can damage the already-damaged skin. (NO ICE, not even in the
water.)

>immerse it in cool tap water.

> That is always the first thing I do with a major
>burn, find something large enough to immerse
>the body part in and fill it with water and a
>little ice. Then I keep the burned part in it
>for an hour or two. By the time I take it out,
>the worst is usually over. (depending on
>the burn or course....). Unless I'm working,
>of course, then I might forget to soak it until
>I finish whatever has riveted my attention to
>the point where I wasn't feeling the pain.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Tink
July 10th 03, 04:56 PM
Oops. That's what I did with my burn. I held an ice cube on it.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

!
> But no ice. Ice can damage the already-damaged skin. (NO ICE, not even
in the
> water.)

Cheryl
July 10th 03, 09:53 PM

Yes. Cold water. It stops the flesh from cooking. You need to do this or you
get a worse burn, sometimes going from one stage to another, even! ! ! ! !
But no ice.>

definitely UNLESS you have a third degree burn - in that case - get thee to a
hospital fast......
Cheryl of <A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com"> DRAGON BEADS </A>
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/