PDA

View Full Version : Belle Armoire?

Sjpolyclay
July 6th 03, 07:24 PM
Does anybody here get Belle Armoire? and if so, I'd like to ask for any
comments on the new column I'm doing there on the Business of Art....first
one's in the new issue.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Dr. Sooz
July 6th 03, 07:35 PM
Can't wait to read it dearie! I almost always buy it.

>Does anybody here get Belle Armoire? and if so, I'd like to ask for any
>comments on the new column I'm doing there on the Business of Art....first
>one's in the new issue.
>Sarajane

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Sjpolyclay
July 6th 03, 09:45 PM
Do let me know what you think of it, please,
Sooz!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 6th 03, 09:46 PM
>Oh, and I definitely WILL be buying it if you're in it every issue! (Time
>for
>a money-saving subscrip!)

well, its supposed to be a regular column, and I think that if there's positive
response that it WILL be...
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Barbara Forbes-Lyons
July 7th 03, 02:36 PM
Sarajane,

Got the issue - haven't read it yet, but I will try and do so tonight and
let you know!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeads:penguintrax

<0
/O\
<><>

"Sjpolyclay" > wrote in message
> Does anybody here get Belle Armoire? and if so, I'd like to ask for any
> comments on the new column I'm doing there on the Business of Art....first
> one's in the new issue.
> Sarajane
>
> Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
> http://www.polyclay.com
>
> view my auctions at:
> http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 7th 03, 05:02 PM
Thank you Barbara!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 7th 03, 05:22 PM
Thank you Lisa. I appreciate the comments you sent. I'm sorry the article did
not suit your needs. Crafts Report Magazine has far more information along
those lines, being specific to the subject.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Dr. Sooz
July 7th 03, 07:14 PM
But of course, darlink.

>Do let me know what you think of it, please,
>Sooz!
>Sarajane

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Kandice Seeber
July 8th 03, 11:43 PM
Coooooool! I will definitely buy it! I am pretty sure our local Barnes And
Noble carries Belle Armoire.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
"Sjpolyclay" > wrote in message
> >Oh, and I definitely WILL be buying it if you're in it every issue!
(Time
> >for
> >a money-saving subscrip!)
>
> well, its supposed to be a regular column, and I think that if there's
positive
> response that it WILL be...
> Sarajane
>
> Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
> http://www.polyclay.com
>
> view my auctions at:
> http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Dr. Sooz
July 9th 03, 09:44 PM
Starting at the beginning is always a good idea......... ;-)

>Now, y'all do please realize that the article I wrote for this one is WAAAAAY
>at the beginning of the process of selling art and many of those already in
>business here are far past that point...but hopefully farther along in the
>series there will be info also of use to those already established.
>Sarajane

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Barbara Forbes-Lyons
July 9th 03, 09:55 PM
Sarajane,

I thought it was a good first article, although a bit vague. That said, I
think there are a ton of different topics you could write on/research,
things like:

Selling wholesale
Selling retail/direct
Selling via commission (ie. galleries, etc.)
Pricing/Overhead
How to enter regular and juried shows
Marketing
Packaging & Display
Patents/Copyright
Teaching/Sharing technique
Bookkeeping & inventory
Financial reports
Tax issues:getting an ID, filing, etc.
Buying wholesale and how to find sources
--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeads:penguintrax

<0
/O\
<><>

"Sjpolyclay" > wrote in message
> Does anybody here get Belle Armoire? and if so, I'd like to ask for any
> comments on the new column I'm doing there on the Business of Art....first
> one's in the new issue.
> Sarajane
>
> Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
> http://www.polyclay.com
>
> view my auctions at:
> http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 9th 03, 11:04 PM
>I thought it was a good first article, although a bit vague. That said, I
>think there are a ton of different topics you could write on/research,
>things like:

I agree with you, Barbara, I didn't get a chance (yet) to get to the real nuts
and bolts, but its coming! That was more in the line of the introductory "here
we get ready to go" speech. And I'm copying your suggestions to my file; thank
you very much!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 9th 03, 11:07 PM
>Starting at the beginning is always a good idea......... ;-)

There are a lot of people who really are at the point of just starting as a
business, as well as the people who've been doing shows forever and are in all
the best galleries. I'm somewhere in between those points, but the fact I'm
still in business after 20 years of selling art-wearables is pretty good, I
think!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Barbara Forbes-Lyons
July 10th 03, 04:23 PM
You are welcome! I look forward to the next installment!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeads:penguintrax

<0
/O\
<><>

"Sjpolyclay" > wrote in message
> >I thought it was a good first article, although a bit vague. That said, I
> >think there are a ton of different topics you could write on/research,
> >things like:
>
> I agree with you, Barbara, I didn't get a chance (yet) to get to the real
nuts
> and bolts, but its coming! That was more in the line of the introductory
"here
> we get ready to go" speech. And I'm copying your suggestions to my file;
thank
> you very much!
> Sarajane
>
> Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
> http://www.polyclay.com
>
> view my auctions at:
> http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Deirdre S.
July 10th 03, 07:13 PM
It is darn good! and I qualify as one of those 'right at the
beginning' people, so I will try to find a copy of Belle Armoire ASAP.
'Bout time to subscribe, I think, if you will be a regular there.

Deirdre

On 09 Jul 2003 22:07:24 GMT, (Sjpolyclay)
wrote:

>>Starting at the beginning is always a good idea......... ;-)
>
>There are a lot of people who really are at the point of just starting as a
>business, as well as the people who've been doing shows forever and are in all
>the best galleries. I'm somewhere in between those points, but the fact I'm
>still in business after 20 years of selling art-wearables is pretty good, I
>think!
>Sarajane
>
>Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
>http://www.polyclay.com
>
>view my auctions at:
>http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Sjpolyclay
July 10th 03, 10:39 PM
>'Bout time to subscribe, I think, if you will be a regular there.

{{{{{{{smooch}}}}}} Thank you, Deirdre!!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at: