PDA

View Full Version : Re: Crochet necklace

MaryJLind
July 6th 03, 04:08 AM
<< Yet still
not a fair return on your time. Bead crochet is SO labour intensive!>>

Actually, if you use larger beads (8s are my favorite) and a bead spinner, it
could actually go a lot faster than peyote. JMO.

Linx
July 7th 03, 12:25 AM
>Actually, if you use larger beads (8s are my favorite) and a bead spinner, it
>could actually go a lot faster than peyote. JMO.

Yes, that is my experience too. I just finally figured out bead crochet after 3
years of not getting it, and I find it is much faster then peyote, even without
a bead spinner. Actually, I think it goes even faster for me then a netted
rope, and that is faster then peyote as well. JME YMMV.

Below is a link to my second piece I did the other day.

http://members.aol.com/nitelinx/2.jpg

Thanks for looking. :o)

Linx
Wearable Art by Linx
http://www.wearableartbylinx.com
On Ebay
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=fearles
slinx&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

Beadbimbo
July 7th 03, 12:18 PM
Oooooooo Linx! Lovely! I'd love to learn how to do this!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Linx" > wrote in message
> >Actually, if you use larger beads (8s are my favorite) and a bead
spinner, it
> >could actually go a lot faster than peyote. JMO.
>
> Yes, that is my experience too. I just finally figured out bead crochet
after 3
> years of not getting it, and I find it is much faster then peyote, even
without
> a bead spinner. Actually, I think it goes even faster for me then a netted
> rope, and that is faster then peyote as well. JME YMMV.
>
> Below is a link to my second piece I did the other day.
>
> http://members.aol.com/nitelinx/2.jpg
>
> Thanks for looking. :o)
>
> Linx
> Wearable Art by Linx
> http://www.wearableartbylinx.com
> On Ebay
> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=fearles
> slinx&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

MaryJLind
July 7th 03, 02:47 PM
Jinx,
How many tubes does it take you to get a nice sized necklace like that? I
think I use like 3-4.

--Mary

Linx
July 7th 03, 03:26 PM
>Jinx,
>How many tubes does it take you to get a nice sized necklace like that? I
>think I use like 3-4.
>
>--Mary

I think the rope itself took me right at 1 tube or 30 grams, maybe a little
more. Then the bead in the front took a few more plus other beads. :o)
Linx
Wearable Art by Linx
http://www.wearableartbylinx.com
On Ebay
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=fearles
slinx&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

scaperchick
July 7th 03, 06:53 PM
On 06 Jul 2003 23:25:59 GMT, (Linx) wrote:

>Below is a link to my second piece I did the other day.
>
>http://members.aol.com/nitelinx/2.jpg

That's beautiful!

Roxanne Toser
July 7th 03, 07:59 PM
The article in the new B&B by Lynn Daniel is fantastic. That's what made it
click for me, too. I have a whole bead crochet kit and a special book but
Lynn's article makes it clear and easy to follow. I was about ready to give
up and along came her article. I e-mailed to let her know how great it is.

Roxanne

"Linx" > wrote in message
> >Oooooooo Linx! Lovely! I'd love to learn how to do this!
> >
> >--
> >Jerri
>
> The article in the new B&B is what made it click for me after so long.
Give it
> a shot :o)
> Linx
> Wearable Art by Linx
> http://www.wearableartbylinx.com
> On Ebay
> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=fearles
> slinx&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

Christina Peterson
July 7th 03, 11:51 PM
How long is this necklace? Is there a clasp of some kind hidden in the
focal?

Tina

"Linx" > wrote in message
> >Actually, if you use larger beads (8s are my favorite) and a bead
spinner, it
> >could actually go a lot faster than peyote. JMO.
>
> Yes, that is my experience too. I just finally figured out bead crochet
after 3
> years of not getting it, and I find it is much faster then peyote, even
without
> a bead spinner. Actually, I think it goes even faster for me then a netted
> rope, and that is faster then peyote as well. JME YMMV.
>
> Below is a link to my second piece I did the other day.
>
> http://members.aol.com/nitelinx/2.jpg
>
> Thanks for looking. :o)
>
> Linx
> Wearable Art by Linx
> http://www.wearableartbylinx.com
> On Ebay
> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=fearles
> slinx&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

Linx
July 8th 03, 01:37 AM
>How long is this necklace? Is there a clasp of some kind hidden in the
>focal?

This necklace is 18.5 inches, and yes there is a lonster claw clasp hidden in
the focal. :o)
Linx
Wearable Art by Linx
http://www.wearableartbylinx.com
On Ebay
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=fearles
slinx&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

Google